Arsenal

Robbie

Not injured, but Mertesacker has been top class and we're doing too well to rotate just yet. He'll have a role to play, though. Much harder tests to come with City and Chelsea, so I guess we'll see.

Ketoth

Wenger said the team didn't have to absolutely dig deep. That means we won the game comfortably, with energy to spare. Energy that will be needed in the coming week. We can take risks with 4-5 changes against Montpelier, and give City a game. I predict a win in both.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Wenger said the team didn't have to absolutely dig deep. That means we won the game comfortably, with energy to spare. Energy that will be needed in the coming week. We can take risks with 4-5 changes against Montpelier, and give City a game. I predict a win in both.

Shouldn't you consider an avatar change?

Tijuana Moods

No Drogba to rape us, so I'm liking our chances against Chelsea. Really worried about City though. They're the team to beat this season

It will certainly be a test, but I am more optimistic about the City game; this Arsenal team seems to have regained the kind of collective cohesiveness it lacked these past couple of seasons. Perhaps a bit hyperbolic to say this early in the season, but we will only get better as the season goes on.

Ursegor

World Champion
After getting rid of Nasri and RvP and adding Cazorla and Podolski this team has actually become very likeable. That Polish GK whose name I can't spell has a very punchable face but other than that I like Arsenal this season.

Just a quick question. Where does Wilshere fit when he comes back? Arteta-Diaby with Cazorla infront seems to provide the best balance. You wouldn't want to lessen Cazorla's influence by putting him on the wing. So where does he fit?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It'll be interesting to see what happens to Wilshere when/if he comes back...If he's going to be injury prone or take the team to the next level

Arachnid

It'll be interesting to see what happens to Wilshere when/if he comes back...If he's going to be injury prone or take the team to the next level

Wilshere... Wilshere... yeah, I remember a player with that name. Didn't he use to play for Arsenal twenty years ago or something?

Bergkamp10

Just a quick question. Where does Wilshere fit when he comes back? Arteta-Diaby with Cazorla infront seems to provide the best balance. You wouldn't want to lessen Cazorla's influence by putting him on the wing. So where does he fit?

It'll be interesting to see what Wenger does. Wilshere should be back on full training on Friday so I guess he'll be eased in. Unlike Ramsey when he returned from injury, there's not as much pressure on him because the midfield are performing well. I think Wenger sees Wilshere as a no.10 which is where he played for the reserves but as you said, Cazorla is performing so well in the middle that moving him wide doesn't make sense. I still don't trust Diaby's fitness and can't see him staying fit for the season so Wilshere might play alongside Artera. It's a nice selection headache to have.

Shouldn't you consider an avatar change?

He's a massive Cesc fanboy. You should probably stay away from him considering your views on Cesc ;)

Meitux

Not injured, but Mertesacker has been top class and we're doing too well to rotate just yet. He'll have a role to play, though. Much harder tests to come with City and Chelsea, so I guess we'll see.
mertesacker top class? well he might have been good in last game but generally you cant call him top class,except his very bad defending at times i see him missing too many passes

Bergkamp10

Mertesacker's class. There's so many misconceptions about him but when you watch him week in week out, you see how good he is. It's taken him time to adapt but he adds calmness to the back line and reads the game brilliantly (which makes up for his lack of pace). His passing isn't great through. I still prefer Koscielny but Bould has got the best out of Mertesacker (not surprising as Bould was similar to Per but more aggressive).

Ursegor

World Champion
Mertesacker is an old school German defender. Not flashy. Not tricky. Not fast. Not rated. But solid and will get the job done like a true professional nevertheless. Him and Friedrich conceded only 3 goals in 6 games in the World Cup. Hummels and Badstuber 6 in 5 games in the Euros. Actually Germany is conceding left and right since Mertesacker doesn't play. :lol:

Robbie

Over 80 caps for Germany and within 2 games the English media labeled him as a flop. They did the same with Koscielny, and called Vermaelen an average and uninspired signing when we got him. It's best not to listen to them

Home of Barca Fans