Arsenal

El Gato

Villarato!
Why do repeatedly say Spain is a dream destination when it's only ever Madrid and Barca?

There's no reason for that to change.

Atleti reputation has grown massively, because of the working-class club image that is attractive for Prem players, charismatic manager and not being shy on wages.

Sevilla is also reasonably well respected because of Europa League history, as much if not more than the likes of Arsenal who only have the money over on them.

Andrew M

Atleti reputation has grown massively, because of the working-class club image that is attractive for Prem players, charismatic manager and not being shy on wages.

Sevilla is also reasonably well respected because of Europa League history, as much if not more than the likes of Arsenal who only have the money over on them.

You're right, but I find it odd that JamDav is making out that Spain used to be the destination of dreams for players when really it's Barca and Madrid. And I don't see that changing.

I don't really understand the doom mongering. Right now Barca and Madrid are going through regeneration but that doesn't indicate that their means and resources are less than others. It's just cyclical in a sporting sense.

Barca and Madrid have the highest revenues in the football and they will be competitive with other big clubs going going forward.

La Liga as a whole (excluding the big two) has always been an underdog

snowy

With Reddevs in form, Sunday's game gonna be a tough one

With Luiz injured, here's the predicted line-up:

Predicted Arsenal XI (3-4-3): Leno; Mustafi, Gabriel, Tierney; Bellerin, Partey, Xhaka, Saka; Willian, Lacazette, Aubameyang

Bellerin is hot n cold though and Mustafi will probably be rusty but no choice since both Luiz and 193cm Pablo Mari are injured.

This would be a good one too:

Arsenal

Mustafi - Gabriel - Tierney

Partey/Elneny

Willock - Ceballos - Saka

Willian/Pepe - Laca - Auba​

For me, Tierney and Saka were their best players in the last 3 games. Should be a really fun match!

snowy

Great 1st half! Think Art will sub in two of Willock, Nelson, Pepe and Ceballos for Bellerin and Willian

Looks like Manu is hoping to score on the break from their diamond mid.

Partey and Elneny make a great duo. So solid. Two yellow for for Holding and Gabriel though so they'll have to watch it.

Go Gnrz!!!

Edit: also maybe bring in Kolasinac for Holding so as not risk red...

Last edited:

Morten

They dont score much, nor do they concede much, solid side but quite dull.

Wait, what did Arteta learn from Pep? Their style of play is nothing alike, Arteta doesnt even care much about dominating possession.

FinBarcelonafan

It's basically first year with Arsenal. He doesn't have the roster he wants. This is probably the most optimal way for Arsenal for now but later on I assume he will play more attacking football.

Morten

No, this is not the most optimal way Arsenal can play, football is dull and the results are bad.
At this rate they will be in relegation-battle.

Home of Barca Fans