Arsenal

Windhook

The only thing to keep Wenger at Arsenal next season is Europa League trophy, which guarantees Champions League spot.

Arsenal used to be my second favorite team, right until the 2006 Champions League final. From then on I lost interest in the team style, with Bergkamp, Henry and Pires gone.

Personally I admire Wenger for developing so many talents for more than 30 years now (starting with 80s Monaco). The problem in the last 10-15 years seems to be Wenger's management of player egos. Once individuals in the team start to behave like Ballon d'Or candidates everything goes down the drain. Ashley Cole, Adebayor, Fabregas, Nasri, Van Persie, Theo Walcott and lately Alexis Sanchez.

Jenks

To be fair it's been quite a long time since Wenger made a player better than he was. I'm not sure who is improving under him any more.

DHorozov

Looks like Sanchez is going this month for sure, being out of the squad for today ... the question is which side of Manchester he will choose ...

Jenks

Oh, he will choose City all day long. Arsenal will try to ship him to United though because they'll pay twice as much.

JerseyAddict

The only thing to keep Wenger at Arsenal next season is Europa League trophy, which guarantees Champions League spot.

Arsenal used to be my second favorite team, right until the 2006 Champions League final. From then on I lost interest in the team style, with Bergkamp, Henry and Pires gone.

Personally I admire Wenger for developing so many talents for more than 30 years now (starting with 80s Monaco). The problem in the last 10-15 years seems to be Wenger's management of player egos. Once individuals in the team start to behave like Ballon d'Or candidates everything goes down the drain. Ashley Cole, Adebayor, Fabregas, Nasri, Van Persie, Theo Walcott and lately Alexis Sanchez.

I sign every word you wrote. Perfect post. Same is with me. Level of dissaspointment with this Arsenal and Wnger is beyond words.

Devils

I honestly didn't think they could sink any lower...but it is actually looking like they are going to sell their best player to United. Selling Sanchez to Mourinho of all people.

Madness.

This club is in free fall.

FinBarcelonafan

I honestly didn't think they could sink any lower...but it is actually looking like they are going to sell their best player to United. Selling Sanchez to Mourinho of all people.

Madness.

They should have sacked Wenger long time ago. Who the hell is running this club? No plan whatsoever. Now they will sell Sanchez and maybe Ozil for cheap. What a waste of money and talent.

JamDav1982

Madness.

If Man Utd are offering the most money it makes sense.

Neymessi

The problem isn't wenger but the owners. They have no ambitions and treat the club like a money minting machine and are content with top 4.

Say what you want about the oil clubs but they have ambitions, vision and a will to be the best. Same goes with uncle flo who may seem very result-oriented by sacking managers with no second thought but even he does it in the best interest of the club.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The problem isn't wenger but the owners. They have no ambitions and treat the club like a money minting machine and are content with top 4.

Say what you want about the oil clubs but they have ambitions, vision and a will to be the best. Same goes with uncle flo who may seem very result-oriented by sacking managers with no second thought but even he does it in the best interest of the club.

Kroenke is a dumb man, but he's made money available.

Wenger don't want to use it.

Kohe321

Arsenal's board have been running the club too much like a cold business, throwing the fans a small bone every season to keep them hopeful and then barely scrape by with results that sort of land them in the territory of a "top" club. Rinse and repeat for the following season. This tactic seems to finally be failing though, as the Premier League and the rest of the world of football is running away from them, and they aren't even managing to stand still anymore. They are regressing.

The problem with running a football club like a pure business is that it isn't one. It's like constructing a home purely based on functionality and not giving a single thought to aesthetics, which eventually results in the building losing it's only intended function as a place of living because no one wants to live there anymore because it's so damned ugly. (Quote by Roger Scruton). :)

That's why selling your best player to ManU, like a reprise of the Van Persie ordeal, and pissing off your entire fanbase yet again, is not a good idea even if it makes sense from a strict monetary point of view with the numbers on paper.

Home of Barca Fans