Arsenal

A few years ago Arsenal was the most expensive club when it came to ticket prices. The richer the clubs get, the less they need to cater to fans. And obviously Arsenal has been very profitable for a long time.

Total-Football

I loved Gary Neville as a player and i also liked him as a pundit, but his comments about ArsenalFan Tv and wenger is some of the most deluded things i have ever heard, those people travel week in week out spending big bucks and have the right to have their say about the manager, and they probably know about Arsenal more than Neville himself.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Well yes, of course. I totally understand why they're upset. What I don't get is how they can still support the team after over a decade of mediocrity with both manager + administration content with the state of things.
Cause a true fan supports a team through thick and thin no matter what happens to them. I'd still support Barca if we was ever relegated out of La Liga - wouldn't you?

BarcaOG

Banned
Cause a true fan supports a team through thick and thin no matter what happens to them. I'd still support Barca if we was ever relegated out of La Liga - wouldn't you?

You're right. Let me rewind: what I mean is that 'support' can take a few different forms. In a desperate situation like Arsenal's, it might mean resisting the administration and management by refusing to attend games, etc. It's a tough tactic, to be sure, but it would be an honest way for fans to take back the club, or at least help steer it in another direction. The type of support I am attacking here is blind optimism, which becomes complacency and which, if left unchecked, gives you a decade of Wenger.

El Flaco

PJ9Co5Z.jpg

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
You're right. Let me rewind: what I mean is that 'support' can take a few different forms. In a desperate situation like Arsenal's, it might mean resisting the administration and management by refusing to attend games, etc. It's a tough tactic, to be sure, but it would be an honest way for fans to take back the club, or at least help steer it in another direction. The type of support I am attacking here is blind optimism, which becomes complacency and which, if left unchecked, gives you a decade of Wenger.
What they should do is attend games but have protests. It's worked with a few clubs before.

BarcaOG

Banned
Those words are awful considering he's the manager. Seriously--will Arsenal's board let him get away with that? He's essentially saying that with him or without him Arsenal is mediocre.

Home of Barca Fans