Arsenal

DB10

You can't win a cup...not even the league cup....oh you won the FA Cup....shit cup.... Loving the bitterness our cup win is producing, as I said before the reaction was predictable as it is sad.
I mean moaning because fans are celebrating because their team won a trophy...Jeez

Hmmm not sure why Vela is open a move back as he's doing well in Spain. Maybe he feels he has unfinished business and something to prove. He plays upfront/right wing for Sociedad? He would be backup for Walcott and Giroud/new striker? Vela the new striker? Can't see that being the case. Still dirt cheap at 3.5m, he's worth triple that.

Used to love his 'dink's over the keeper. :worthy:

H

Haruko The Goon

We could win the Champions League and people will say "well, you've only won it once, shit club"

Just enjoy the moment :)

H

Haruko The Goon

i love sagna and want him to stay but i understand how wenger is going about it, giving him an offer and leaving the ball in his court and if he leaves then so be it. as much as we love sagna for his service to the club, for how good he has been, and for how good he STILL is, fact of the matter is he IS getting up there in age, and sooner or later we are going to have to replace him.

as good as he still is, if he leaves i will feel a bit sad as i want him to stay, but i'll get over it pretty quick, and will be confident we will find a suitable replacement. it's just something that clubs have to deal with sometimes, a player's time with a club ending. barca let go of a player arguably bigger in stature and importance to them than sagna is to us in abidal, and what did they do? targeted a replacement, signed him, and kept things rolling. feel that's what wenger's doing, basically that it's up to sagna to stay and we'd love to have him here but if he wants to leave he is free to do so and we'll be fine, we have a plan/replacements in mind, and i'm okay with that.

only way sagna leaving becomes a disaster is if jenkinson becomes first XI.

H

Haruko The Goon

Sagna = gone to City.

Farewell Bak. We will miss you. £140,000 a week for a RB who won't even be a guaranteed starter FFS. LOOL What a lad.

Gwan!

Hamzah

High Definition Member
shame. we could have used him as a defensive rb for a season or two until a good young prospect became available. maybe we will battle with you lot for aurier's signature?

DB10

We messed up contract negotiations by only offering one year initially, then two and then finally three. Going to miss Sagna, a real 8/10 player week in week out. Strange he's gone to City but you can't sniff at 120-40k 3 year deal when your 31 years old.

Serge Aurier it is then (That's a personal pic taken during the season, he's not signed yet but its very likely)

bkq34u7ciaawylh.jpg

H

Haruko The Goon

@DB10, you're right.

We have Ozil on £140,000 a week. Kroos wants a similar amount, and Theo and Podolski are both on 100k a week.

For Ssagna, at 31, to get £140k a week.... Well damn. Good on ya bro! lool

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Sagna must be laughing all the way to the bank

How is Bellerín doing? Any chance of him being given a permanent first team spot?

DB10

Plus the biggest loss in all this, no more Mrs Sagna. :( Bellerin has very little chance, perhaps a run out in the league cup.

Bacary-Sagna-girlfriend-Ludivine-Kadri-2918296-1024x681.jpg

H

Haruko The Goon

Sagna must be laughing all the way to the bank

How is Bellerín doing? Any chance of him being given a permanent first team spot?

He's been good. But to step up and play first team football consistently, nah.

he'll be involved come next season.

If we get this Aurier guy or not. Jenkinson and Bellerin will most likely start playing for the first team more and more.

Why, Barca looking to buy him off us in 2017 for £20m? :xavi:

DB10

If you want someone who's solid defensive then Sagna is your man, but he's not the best attacking wise. Just depends how you play, given a lot of teams play deep vs Barca the fullbacks see a lot of ball so you rather have someone like Alves there instead of Sagna. Aurier can play RM so guess he's more of the attacking type of fullback. As long as he's not the second coming of Eboue..:lol:

Home of Barca Fans