Arsenal

Ketoth

Giroud, Ramsey, Ozil, Ox, Diaby and Gibbs all injured whilst Wilshere, Walcott, Rosicky, Vermaelen and Monreal all doubtful.

Thanks a lot Newcastle for adding 5 more big players to our treatment table.

Last edited:

Superfly

Banned
Giroud, Ramsey, Ozil, Ox, Diaby and Gibbs all injured whilst Wilshere, Walcott, Rosicky, Vermaelen and Monreal all doubtful.

Thanks a lot Newcastle for adding 5 more big players to our treatment table.

Wilshere, Walcott, and Vermaelen were all training today

Robbie

Bendtner possibly out for weeks, Arsenal really need to look to sign someone now.

Any striker worth signing will be too valuable to his club to let go of mid-season. Even someone who is going to be free in 6 months. It's the same problem you face when looking for quality anywhere on the pitch. For a team to sell an important player, they have to accept that their quality will drop and they might lose points as a result. This is why I don't see us getting someone like Costa.

The best we can hope for is Morata on loan, or possibly Llorente. Or giving a giant pile of money to Aston Villa and praying they give us Benteke.

Ketoth

Benteke is bad. The hype about him settled down, Aston Villa fans were calling him out for poor performances, then he got injured.

There's no top quality options we can realistically sign in January, so it's best not to waste a lot of money signing someone who's not the quality we really need and wait until the summer for the market to open up after the world cup.
I wouldn't be against loaning someone like Morata, if it's possible.

pEllee

Benteke is certainly not "bad". He didn't suddenly lose all of his qualities as a footballer. He's just sulking and experiencing some very bad form. A player that scores 18 in his first ever PL season is not bad.

If the price is right, then I hope Wenger will give it a shot.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I don't want him, or anyone; maybe Morata on a loan with a buyout option, but that's it. We have Giroud, we have Bendtner, we have Walcott, and Podolski can play there if all three of them are out. Berbatov wouldn't be a major improvement, if one at all, not to mention his attitude isn't great either. We either need someone absolutely world-class, or no one.

JamDav1982

I don't want him, or anyone; maybe Morata on a loan with a buyout option, but that's it. We have Giroud, we have Bendtner, we have Walcott, and Podolski can play there if all three of them are out. Berbatov wouldn't be a major improvement, if one at all, not to mention his attitude isn't great either. We either need someone absolutely world-class, or no one.

You really think that is enough?

Walcott and Podolski are better out wide and Giroud is not good enough.

It seems quite clear that they lack a CF of any real quality.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
And who is available in January that would change that? Berbatov is old, inconsistent and temperamental, he's certainly not the answer.

Home of Barca Fans