Arsenal

Robbie

10 points behind the leaders is worrying, but then again we've had some tough fixtures. We will go on a good run at some point and close the gap.

Utd next week though. Hate this fixture. Always lose :(

We don't always lose at OT... just, err--- 90% of the time. :(

28.08.2011 PR Manchester United 8-2 Arsenal FC
12.03.2011 Cup Manchester United 2-0 Arsenal FC
13.12.2010 PR Manchester United 1-0 Arsenal FC
29.08.2009 PR Manchester United 2-1 Arsenal FC
16.05.2009 PR Manchester United 0-0 Arsenal FC
29.04.2009 CL Manchester United 1-0 Arsenal FC
13.04.2008 PR Manchester United 2-1 Arsenal FC
16.02.2008 Cup Manchester United 4-0 Arsenal FC
17.09.2006 PR Manchester United 0-1 Arsenal FC
09.04.2006 PR Manchester United 2-0 Arsenal FC
24.10.2004 PR Manchester United 2-0 Arsenal FC
21.09.2003 PR Manchester United 0-0 Arsenal FC
07.12.2002 PR Manchester United 2-0 Arsenal FC

BTW for the stats junkies out there... we've scored a whopping 3 goals in 10 years, winning a grand total of one game. :shakeshead:

Ketoth

90% of the time due to bad decisions.

24/10/2004 is unforgivable. Blatant scandalism and cheating. One I will never forget.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
It was till we sold RVP. You can look back to my past posts if you want, but I've repeatedly said that we're forced into transition this season because none of our signings were involved in preseason.. not to mention we've overhauled both the midfield and forward line.

But didn't you say that Giroud, Podolski can together make up for RVP's goals last season?

Robbie

But didn't you say that Giroud, Podolski can together make up for RVP's goals last season?

I said it would take a full season for them to find their feet, since both missed our preseason. Even when we were flying high, the most I've had was cautious optimism. Comes with the territory of being an Arsenal fan. Been burned one too many times

cloned warrior

Arsenal should have a chance this time against ManU as they would be coming after 2 tough games with chelsea!!
+ the trio of wilshare - santi - arteta should rule this mediocre ManU midfield

the key is intensity from the first min!! which is lacking in recent games!!

Ketoth

Might not come down to the referee anyhow. Utd's attack is deadly and if Santos plays he'll be badly exposed.
I'm always scared of this fixture, we always lose, but if the effort is put in we can get a result.

Jenks

United won't even attampt to go toe-to-toe in midfield. They'll sit back and counter attack with pace and numbers.

Robbie

Arsenal at the Crossroads

seems like every October/November we get one of these types of articles.

We'll comfortably get 4th place, and maybe 3rd if our strikers adapt to this league sooner rather than later. I think how the press views Wenger is sort of the opposite of nostalgia; they stitch together memories of the bad while completely ignoring the good things he has done, or what he has had to deal with. Most people say our best season since the invincibles was 2007, where we were at one point leading the title race by 11 points, and lost the title by 4 points after the Eduardo leg break happened.

If you look at why we did so well then, it's because although we lost Henry/Reyes/Pires/Bergkamp/Sol/Lauren/Cole, Adebayor had a full season to adapt and Eduardo had 6 months + a full preseason. Cesc, Hleb, Flamini, and Rosicky already knew eachother, and we still had Gallas and Kolo (two world class defenders) in our back 4.

Since then, Wenger has kept trying to replicate that and push on, but someone vital to the starting 11 would always leave. He'd sign a good replacement, but it would take a full season to adapt them. By then someone else would leave. This summer we're 100% definitely going to lose Sagna and Theo, but we're sorted with Jenkinson (w/ Yennaris & Bellerin as backups), and Wenger is looking for a proper winger. Everyone else who is important is staying, so I think next season (barring any sudden surprises) we should be set up for a title run.

Banana-Rama

We'll comfortably get 4th place, and maybe 3rd if our strikers adapt to this league sooner rather than later. I think how the press views Wenger is sort of the opposite of nostalgia; they stitch together memories of the bad while completely ignoring the good things he has done, or what he has had to deal with. Most people say our best season since the invincibles was 2007, where we were at one point leading the title race by 11 points, and lost the title by 4 points after the Eduardo leg break happened.

If you look at why we did so well then, it's because although we lost Henry/Reyes/Pires/Bergkamp/Sol/Lauren/Cole, Adebayor had a full season to adapt and Eduardo had 6 months + a full preseason. Cesc, Hleb, Flamini, and Rosicky already knew eachother, and we still had Gallas and Kolo (two world class defenders) in our back 4.

Since then, Wenger has kept trying to replicate that and push on, but someone vital to the starting 11 would always leave. He'd sign a good replacement, but it would take a full season to adapt them. By then someone else would leave. This summer we're 100% definitely going to lose Sagna and Theo, but we're sorted with Jenkinson (w/ Yennaris & Bellerin as backups), and Wenger is looking for a proper winger. Everyone else who is important is staying, so I think next season (barring any sudden surprises) we should be set up for a title run.

why are you so sure no-one else will leave, barcelona need a centre back, vermaelen seems like the obvious choice.............

Home of Barca Fans