Arsenal

Ketoth

Yeah, well, people said we won't get fourth last season, and the season before that, and the season before that. They always say something along the lines of "I'm sure Arsenal will lose out on top 4 this time" only to be proved wrong again. Yet people still make the prediction that we drop out.. never learning from your own mistakes...

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Yeah, well, people said we won't get fourth last season, and the season before that, and the season before that. They always say something along the lines of "I'm sure Arsenal will lose out on top 4 this time" only to be proved wrong again. Yet people still make the prediction that we drop out.. never learning from your own mistakes...

Keep burying your head in the sand.

pEllee

Unless you still have some debts to pay off and they are waiting another year? Doesn't make sense though all the top clubs are hundreds of millions in debt and spend anyway.

That's the thing though. Arsenal are actually one of the richest clubs in the world at the moment. If they wanted to, they could basically buy anyone. They are not showing any ambition at all at the moment. I understand, Wenger has faith in his squad. And he should, it's a good squad to be honest. But it's too thin.

Jenks

1209372_502668833156331_259859782_n.jpg

Robbie

Back then, when people said we would get 5th I would laugh, because one look at the squads of our supposed "top 4 rivals" and the answer would be obvious. A lot has changed this summer though. Spurs have strengthened their squad with quality I never thought they would be capable of getting in a million years. Top players that should have been going to United/Chelsea, let alone us. On top of that, they kept Bale and are STILL on the lookout for more massive signings, when we've signed absolutely nobody.

As if that isn't enough, we sold off all our benchwarmers and haven't replaced them. People say Chamakh, Arshavin, Squillaci, etc are mediocre, but they're premier league proven professionals that you can count on. Now that we have an injury crisis, who do we have to replace Chamberlain, Vermaelen, Sagna, etc? Even when Spurs had a criminally thin squad, we still only got 4th because they had a late season collapse. They've spent with intent to go even beyond 4th, and we've shown that we don't care anymore.

Ketoth

Back then, when people said we would get 5th I would laugh, because one look at the squads of our supposed "top 4 rivals" and the answer would be obvious. A lot has changed this summer though. Spurs have strengthened their squad with quality I never thought they would be capable of getting in a million years. Top players that should have been going to United/Chelsea, let alone us. On top of that, they kept Bale and are STILL on the lookout for more massive signings, when we've signed absolutely nobody.

As if that isn't enough, we sold off all our benchwarmers and haven't replaced them. People say Chamakh, Arshavin, Squillaci, etc are mediocre, but they're premier league proven professionals that you can count on. Now that we have an injury crisis, who do we have to replace Chamberlain, Vermaelen, Sagna, etc? Even when Spurs had a criminally thin squad, we still only got 4th because they had a late season collapse. They've spent with intent to go even beyond 4th, and we've shown that we don't care anymore.

Wenger said to look within the squad. Our youngsters have grown up. Expect to see the likes of Zelalem, Gnabry, Miyaichi, Bellerin, Toral, Afobe, Eisfeld etc. get games.
I am completely confident we will once again finish above Spurs, and in the top 4. Whether we will challenge for the premier league remains a mystery, we need the character to do that and all this negative press after one game is not helping.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Spurs definitely have a far better squad than Arsenal now... It remains to be seen how far they would jell as a team. So they might not finish in top 4 yet, but one thing is for sure, soon they are gonna beat Arsenal! They have an exciting manager and far better squad than Arsenal and it's only a matter of time before they get past them!!

DB10

Every year the so called experts tip Spurs to topple us. I admit this season looks the best bet as things stand, even minus Bale. We'll see after the transfer window closes.

Long term we're still ahead, they still need to build their stadium and theoretically one season out of the CL isn't going to break Arsenal.

What really fucking irks is that we're not maximising our resources, we're continually looking over our shoulders at Spurs when we should be trying to catch the Manchester clubs and Chelsea.

What's the point of having cash reserves equal to the rest of the Premier League if you don't use it...I can only think they're waiting for FFP to take effect but that's a pipe dream.

Irish_Cules

I'm guessing the most annoying thing for Arsenal fans this summer is looking at Spur's signings and thinking that almost all of them would have been great signings for Arsenal.

A

Athletic

Willian - Soldado - Lamela
-------- Cazorla
--- Paulinho - Wilshere

could be worse

Jenks

Wenger said to look within the squad. Our youngsters have grown up. Expect to see the likes of Zelalem, Gnabry, Miyaichi, Bellerin, Toral, Afobe, Eisfeld etc. get games.

If those are the players Arsenal will have to rely on this season then you're in serious trouble. The only one that will make it as a first-teamer at Arsenal is Zelalem and maybe Bellerin.

Home of Barca Fans