Manchester United

soul24rage

After PSG won 2-0 at Old Trafford

Journalist: You got a mountain to climb now in Paris

Solskjaer: Mountains are there to be climbed.

You just can't hate the man and he fits in Man Utd so well.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Kodus to Solskjaer for the incredible job he did ever since he took the job from Mourinho. Amazing how much difference he made at the club , specially last night with a bunch of kids.

Leo_Messi

Kodus to Solskjaer for the incredible job he did ever since he took the job from Mourinho. Amazing how much difference he made at the club , specially last night with a bunch of kids.

Indeed. Extremely impressive and I guess that few expected such a turnaround after the mess that Mourinho left for him.

Can't say that I have ever been the greatest fan of Man Utd but credit where credit is due and I was obviously cheering for them against QSG in both matches and happy that they went through. Even better (on paper at least) for our chances to win the CL as QSG were/are the stronger team and they were/are eventually bound to defeat us in the CL knockout stage after defeating them 3 times since the 2012-13 season. They were my "dark" horse this season but I guess once serial bottlers, always serial bottlers!:lol:

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

It's actually bad news for us.They will be very well rested vs us while we play Atletico. Shame shame United!

Does not matter much in the wider picture. There are 4+ days between that Atlético game and our first leg. By the time that we will play Atlético at the Camp Nou, the league might be practically over with us leading with potentially over 10+ points.

Teams like Bayern, PSG and Juve have almost often had their own domestic leagues wrapped up in the CL knockout stages and thus had amble of opportunity to rotate but it almost never helped them. Often, in fact, it hurt them as it is difficult to switch on after not playing a competitive game for a while. See our Roma game last season as well when we only had the CL to focus on as the league was wrapped up as well as us booking a place at the CdR final.

Having 8 days of rest is not necessarily a good thing. I prefer us to be playing regularly up to big/important ties. Provided that Valverde will rotate which he will have no other option than doing after the NT break as we will be playing 3 league games prior to the first leg against Man Utd. The same Man Utd will play twice in the span of 4 days (30 March and 2 April). So more or less the same with the exception of the Atlético game where we might rotate heavily or at least significantly depending on our lead. If not it is 4+ days of rest. Don't see it as much of a problem IMO.

Last edited:

Morten

Useless team, useless club, simply cant stop handing Barcelona victories in the CL, every single time.
Im so happy that these cunts have to watch City or Liverpool lift the Pl-trophy.

SeloBarca

Solskjaer is such a humble coach.
Admited United has alot to work on to reach Barcelona level, and that should be their goal.
Also praised Messis first goal and Coutinhos.
Such a contrast to Mourinho.

United is one of those big teams that really should be in Champions League.

Home of Barca Fans