Manchester United

Unbiased United

What is there to feel sad about Welbeck. They have Falcao, Rooney and RVP. And isn't welbeck bad?

Welbeck bad? ...only to those who don't watch him. All things considered, I'd seriously rather be rid of Rooney and RVP than Welbeck.

His pace makes him really dangerous and keeps the opposition on the back foot. When he doesn't play we look a different team (and not for the better).

Gutted he's leaving.

Martindn

Think this is more than enough for top 4, problem is keeping everyone fit (and getting them fit!)

1093388_Manchester_United.jpg

SwiftGuyver

Di Maria and Falcao might be two fancy signings if you want to look at it like that (although very welcome still!), but the other four in Shaw, Herrera, Blind and Rojo are all very much needed. It's not been a perfect window, but it's not been far off. Sure we still have some 'mid-lower tier' players, but with our injured players back, they won't need to be seeing much game time at all. Feel free to mention which of our players out of the strongest eleven are in that lower bracket you mention. I don't think there are any.

De Gea
Rafael
Smalling
Rojo
Shaw
Herrera
Carrick
Blind
Di Maria
Rooney
RVP
Falcao
Januzaj

That's more than eleven and there isn't a mid-low tier player amongst them.

I'd be more worried about Liverpool's transfer window if I were you. They had the money and CL football on offer, to make three or four world class signings to really to that next step up, but instead have ended up with the best part of ten average ones.

Rodgers is a good manager but why he failed to spend some of that money on some class defenders is beyond me. Moreno might do well but Lovren had his level at Southampton.. You'll score loads again this season, but I can see your defence letting in just as many as last season.

wow! you're so unbiased!

it all depends how your tiering system works and how many tiers are involved but if you have top/mid/low i'd personally argue that Rafael, Smalling/Jones, Rojo, Shaw (for now), Herrera, Carrick (nowadays), Blind & Januzaj (atm) are mid tier players. Shaw & Januzaj have the potential to move into the top tier though. Rooney is inconsistent, RVP is injury prone and therefore far too inconsistent, Falcao is a risk after 3 knee problems during his career and it might be tough for him to get back to his best after the latest one at the age of 29 but if he can he is top class and a 1 year loan is worth a punt. Di María & de Gea are the only truly top tier players in that list for me. obviously you disagree.

Liverpool have never really signed already recognised 'world class' players for whatever reason. maybe Rodgers isn't obsessed/blinded by names on a page just like Fergie wasn't. he clearly seems more focused on the team balance/spirit and the system and i'd personally back Moreno, Manquillo, Lovren, Lallana, Can & Marković to all do well this season. Balotelli is a risk but he might prove people wrong. i doubt Lambert will feature much.

end of the day Utd fans think one thing and Liverpool fans think another, it's always been that way for the most part! the reality is nobody really knows how things will pan out and we'll just have to wait and see. there will be surprises though guaranteed!

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Think this is more than enough for top 4, problem is keeping everyone fit (and getting them fit!)

1093388_Manchester_United.jpg

And width. You'll need your wing backs to get forward a lot with that formation, which will force your midfielders to drop down and defend.

Unbiased United

wow! you're so unbiased!

it all depends how your tiering system works and how many tiers are involved but if you have top/mid/low i'd personally argue that Rafael, Smalling/Jones, Rojo, Shaw (for now), Herrera, Carrick (nowadays), Blind & Januzaj (atm) are mid tier players. Shaw & Januzaj have the potential to move into the top tier though. Rooney is inconsistent, RVP is injury prone and therefore far too inconsistent, Falcao is a risk after 3 knee problems during his career and it might be tough for him to get back to his best after the latest one at the age of 29 but if he can he is top class and a 1 year loan is worth a punt. Di María & de Gea are the only truly top tier players in that list for me. obviously you disagree.

Liverpool have never really signed already recognised 'world class' players for whatever reason. maybe Rodgers isn't obsessed/blinded by names on a page just like Fergie wasn't. he clearly seems more focused on the team balance/spirit and the system and i'd personally back Moreno, Manquillo, Lovren, Lallana, Can & Marković to all do well this season. Balotelli is a risk but he might prove people wrong. i doubt Lambert will feature much.

end of the day Utd fans think one thing and Liverpool fans think another, it's always been that way for the most part! the reality is nobody really knows how things will pan out and we'll just have to wait and see. there will be surprises though guaranteed!

I'm as reasonable football fan as you'll find. Just because I happen to think my teams players are a tad above 'low/mid tier' doesn't make me otherwise, and I'm sure most impartial fans would agree with the players I mentioned being better than that. All I said about the list I wrote was, and I quote " ....That's more than eleven and there isn't a mid-low tier player amongst them". 'Mid-low tier', would suggest bottom half of the PL, and that is just ridiculous. If you think otherwise, yet just so happen to think that all the Liverpool buys will do well, then I think you should have a good think about who might actually be the biased one.

Liverpool have a very good exciting team, and as much as I hate to admit it, they are great to watch at the moment. Also, in Rodgers they have a good young manager, and I'd back them to do well again this season. However, United have had the much better transfer window and I'm convinced that we'll have a great season too once we get the injured players back fit and the new players involved. Our season starts on the 14th September.

F

Flavia

I'm as reasonable football fan as you'll find. Just because I happen to think my teams players are a tad above 'low/mid tier' doesn't make me otherwise, and I'm sure most impartial fans would agree with the players I mentioned being better than that. All I said about the list I wrote was, and I quote " ....That's more than eleven and there isn't a mid-low tier player amongst them". 'Mid-low tier', would suggest bottom half of the PL, and that is just ridiculous. If you think otherwise, yet just so happen to think that all the Liverpool buys will do well, then I think you should have a good think about who might actually be the biased one.

Liverpool have a very good exciting team, and as much as I hate to admit it, they are great to watch at the moment. Also, in Rodgers they have a good young manager, and I'd back them to do well again this season. However, United have had the much better transfer window and I'm convinced that we'll have a great season too once we get the injured players back fit and the new players involved. Our season starts on the 14th September.

Which would be your starting 11, considering all players fit?

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Yeah, that's a pretty strong starting XI, but what about their bench? They've got RVP, sure, but then it's Young, Valencia, Fellaini, Fletcher... I really don't understand why Kagawa and Welbeck were sold, they both would have been great for depth, as it is a few injuries up top and suddenly mediocre players and creeping in to the starters (as we've already witnessed their past few games).

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
If their best players stay fit they should do alright, definitely push for top 4. No title though, no way.

SwiftGuyver

why would i be biased towards Liverpool though? i'm a Barca fan. i just gave my honest opinion. for the record i don't think Liverpool have any top tier players at the moment. i'd say Sturridge, Sterling, Moreno & Marković all have the potential to move up into that level and Balotelli could be if he applies himself properly and stays focused but i'd actually say that you have more top tier players in your squad than they do right now. they have the better team at the moment though because of the amount of time they've had to gel and develop chemistry etc. i'm sure you'll dramatically improve soon though and i'd say you still have a very good chance of making top 4 but personally i'd say Arsenal are more likely to drop out than Liverpool this season.

Banana-Rama

Yeah, that's a pretty strong starting XI, but what about their bench? They've got RVP, sure, but then it's Young, Valencia, Fellaini, Fletcher... I really don't understand why Kagawa and Welbeck were sold, they both would have been great for depth, as it is a few injuries up top and suddenly mediocre players and creeping in to the starters (as we've already witnessed their past few games).

if we are going to play a diamond then i agree there is no real quality back up in the 2 centre mid positions, however van gaal can easily change the formation to 4-2-3-1 and bring januzaj into the lineup, there is also players like rvp, carrick that can come in along with james wilson who is a very good striker prospect. van gaal wants to bring in strootman from roma when he is back from injury, i wouldn't rule out that deal happening in january, tho next summer is more likely...

Cule4life

The Culest
if we are going to play a diamond then i agree there is no real quality back up in the 2 centre mid positions, however van gaal can easily change the formation to 4-2-3-1 and bring januzaj into the lineup, there is also players like rvp, carrick that can come in along with james wilson who is a very good striker prospect. van gaal wants to bring in strootman from roma when he is back from injury, i wouldn't rule out that deal happening in january, tho next summer is more likely...

Time to change your avatar mate :mathieu:

Martindn

Aw man nearly two bloody weeks till next game:(. Players like Kagawa/Welbeck left purely on game time at least (rumoured anyway) Lvg gave them the decision to leave or no. Hope he scores a hatrick at shitty.

All these pretty formations mean jack doesn't he seem like a stubborn enough man to stick with 3-5-2? What was he like in this regard at Barca/Bayern?

Edit: Cant wait for new football manager either :p

Last edited:

BenRobbins

We should really be winning the league with the team we can put out and the bench we have. Our CB's are questionable but if liverpool can challenge with skrtel and toure then jones, evans, smalling and rojo are more than good enough.

Home of Barca Fans