Manchester United

Unbiased United

why would i be biased towards Liverpool though? i'm a Barca fan. i just gave my honest opinion. for the record i don't think Liverpool have any top tier players at the moment. i'd say Sturridge, Sterling, Moreno & Marković all have the potential to move up into that level and Balotelli could be if he applies himself properly and stays focused but i'd actually say that you have more top tier players in your squad than they do right now. they have the better team at the moment though because of the amount of time they've had to gel and develop chemistry etc. i'm sure you'll dramatically improve soon though and i'd say you still have a very good chance of making top 4 but personally i'd say Arsenal are more likely to drop out than Liverpool this season.

Well there as always been quite a lot of anti-United and favourable Liverpool sentiment on here, even from the Barca fans. That said, I agree with that last post, and even the Liverpool players you mention. To be fair United could have a good season and still miss out on top four with how the other big teams are looking. Should be an exciting season anyway.

Which would be your starting 11, considering all players fit?

Thankfully I'm not the manager because I really can't decide an eleven from the thirteen I think deserve to start. I'd say something like the team Shogunraux has done above, but I'd like a bit more width with Januzaj in there, and also Smalling at the back in place of either Jones or Rojo (not seen enough of the latter to know how good he is yet). I just think Cleverley,Fletcher and Fellaini should be nowhere near the team, and the likes of Young, Valencia and Anderson only when we have injuries etc. Rotation doesn't need to be in our vocabulary this season with the little amount of games we have. I have a lot of time for Rooney and RVP but judging them after the games so far this season I'd rather give Falcao the chance to show what he's made of.

Unbiased United

If their best players stay fit they should do alright, definitely push for top 4. No title though, no way.

I agree tbf, I think Chelsea will walk it this season. You guys have had a great window to compliment an already good team. Then reckon it will be City behind with Liverpool, Arsenal, and after spending all that money, hopefully United, battling for the other CL places.

GoobiePls

S♥NE
Wouldn't it have been better to sell RVP instead of Welbeck? Now you have 3 aging strikers on high wages, with 2 of them that had injury problems last season. Welbeck was homegrown and could do a job in case Falcao got injured and is more versatile to play on the wing.

Unbiased United

Wouldn't it have been better to sell RVP instead of Welbeck? Now you have 3 aging strikers on high wages, with 2 of them that had injury problems last season. Welbeck was homegrown and could do a job in case Falcao got injured and is more versatile to play on the wing.

Yeah, I agree. Delighted we got Falcao, but disappointed it was at the expense of Welbeck.

Banana-Rama

welbeck didn't want to hang around as back up and do a job on the wing when needed, he wanted to be a starter as a striker and he wasn't going to get that at united. good luck to him at arsenal, i don't think he's good enough to lead arsenal to the league title or anything like that but he'll do well for them i reckon.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
We should really be winning the league with the team we can put out and the bench we have. Our CB's are questionable but if liverpool can challenge with skrtel and toure then jones, evans, smalling and rojo are more than good enough.
Lol title, be realistic. Top 4 yes, title no. I wouldn't put you guys down as title contenders until next year at the earliest, and that depends on how you go this year. Then again, I see your logic somewhat, Liverpool last year didn't seem to have a team that would challenge for the title, but they did, and like you this season, they had no CL football. That's always a good advantage, it's what makes me firmly believe Liverpool won't have what it takes for a title challenge this year.

BenRobbins

Lol title, be realistic. Top 4 yes, title no. I wouldn't put you guys down as title contenders until next year at the earliest, and that depends on how you go this year. Then again, I see your logic somewhat, Liverpool last year didn't seem to have a team that would challenge for the title, but they did, and like you this season, they had no CL football. That's always a good advantage, it's what makes me firmly believe Liverpool won't have what it takes for a title challenge this year.

I know i really don't think we will challenge this year haha! But with the players we have and no europe we should be. I can't make any judgements really just yet as nobody has a bloody clue what formation we will play, who will start and how certain players adapt to the league and peform with each other but on paper we should be challenging you and city but coming short due to our defense...

Gilberto

I don't know if it's true but according to several media RvP will never get fully fit again, as he is having more and more problems with his physique and can never play without pain again.

Martindn

I don't know if it's true but according to several media RvP will never get fully fit again, as he is having more and more problems with his physique and can never play without pain again.

Is it for going to the world cup instead of the operation?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
LVG would need to find a way to shield THAT defence as much as possible. If he manages that then I could see Man Utd really challenging for top 4.

footyfan

Calma, calma
3-5-2

De Gea
Jones-Evans-Rojo
Valencia-Blind-Di Maria-Shaw
Rooney
RvP-Falcao

4-3-3

De Gea
Rafael-Evans-Rojo/Jones-Shaw/Rojo
Herrera-Blind/Carrick-Di Maria
Januzaj/Mata-Rooney/Falcao-Young

Decent. IMO the 3-5-2 looks superior and a better fit for their best players if/when they get used to it. Mata seems to be the biggest loser from this transfer window.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Also, very promising debut for Di Maria. Look at all that space for him to exploit. Fuck, I really want to see Messi in the Premier League.

[video=vimeo;104914967]http://vimeo.com/104914967[/video]

Unbiased United

Also, very promising debut for Di Maria. Look at all that space for him to exploit. Fuck, I really want to see Messi in the Premier League.

[video=vimeo;104914967]http://vimeo.com/104914967[/video]

People can say what they want about the Premier league, but one thing you usually don't get in it is space. It's one of the reasons Kagawa tended to play well for us in Europe but not so much in the league. Not to say Messi wouldn't rip it up though.

Home of Barca Fans