Manchester United

hellsangel1

Arsenal are better than United on paper. Rio is past it. Evra is past it for 2 or 3 years. Vidic's knees are fucked. Rafael can't defend. The goalkeepers keep on getting rotated for whatever reasons. And they don't have a midfield. Giggs starting against Liverpool says a lot. Arsenal look more cohesive and more settled. Even defensively. More of a team. Only thing that will kill them towards the end of the season will be their typical bottle mentality. But who knows. They offloaded Cesc. So maybe that changes now. :cesc:

I just feel United have a proven goal-scorer in Van Persie so I think that could be the difference.

A

Athletic

Surely United will get atleast 2 penalties.

I don't think that will be enough for them though.

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
Arsenal are better than United on paper. Rio is past it. Evra is past it for 2 or 3 years. Vidic's knees are fucked. Rafael can't defend. The goalkeepers keep on getting rotated for whatever reasons. And they don't have a midfield. Giggs starting against Liverpool says a lot. Arsenal look more cohesive and more settled. Even defensively. More of a team. Only thing that will kill them towards the end of the season will be their typical bottle mentality. But who knows. They offloaded Cesc. So maybe that changes now. :cesc:

Lol.

DDG/Lindegaard, Vidic, Rafael, Evra/Buttner, Nani, Valencia, Rooney, Kagawa and RVP could EASILY get in Arsenal's first 11. There's only one player who could get in United's team... and that is Santi.

Sagna - an old crock
Podolski - decent player
Defenders - good/decent players
Gibbs - an average crock.
Goalkeepers - very average players

Arsenal don't have any good wingers or strikers.

Don't make me laugh with that comment in bold..................................

Banana-Rama

you can say what you want about how the two teams look on paper, united will still beat arsenal at old trafford and we'll still finish above them, we'll probably beat them at emirates too, usually do, arsenal will probably dominate the possesion and look like the better team for long periods, but somehow united will still win..........

Pepe Silvia

United fans have an arrogance about them right now that I don't understand. THey have looked sub-par for years now, and Giggs and Scholes (pardon me but :lol:) aren't getting any younger. Kagawa is the future but right now he still has some learning to do as he misfires on his passes pretty often. There are other promising teams out there to contend, and Arsenal are not the same Arsenal from years past. I couldn't be assed if United beat up on Arsenal, just thought I'd put some perspective on this as United fans making their squad out to be bigger than they really are. Evra is past it, Vidic is broken, Giggs and Scholes are dust, RvP is a weenie, Rooney is fat, and most noticeably is SAF looks a shell of his former self.

Ursegor

World Champion
United fans have an arrogance about them right now that I don't understand. THey have looked sub-par for years now, and Giggs and Scholes (pardon me but :lol:) aren't getting any younger. Kagawa is the future but right now he still has some learning to do as he misfires on his passes pretty often. There are other promising teams out there to contend, and Arsenal are not the same Arsenal from years past. I couldn't be assed if United beat up on Arsenal, just thought I'd put some perspective on this as United fans making their squad out to be bigger than they really are. Evra is past it, Vidic is broken, Giggs and Scholes are dust, RvP is a weenie, Rooney is fat, and most noticeably is SAF looks a shell of his former self.

The sad part is: they will still win the Premier League. Doesn't matter if they have two 40 year olds running their midfield, Rooney needing 6 months to get in shape and a fragile backline with below par fullbacks. It's still enough for them to be up their in the "most competitive league in the world"™. Their only genuine title rival is being managed by a mong.

Pepe Silvia

Those days are over. United are long past their expiration date and it shows. RvP will score a lot of goals this season, but that won't be enough with that defense looking the way it does. City may have noticeable brain farts when times get tough and Mancini's ball sack retracts, but they still have a lot of depth and more viable options to throw at problems than United do. United are still United and have their fans and history, but they do not scare anyone these days. They play quite timidly (granted the same type of hit and run football but missing the "teeth" that they once had). I'd like to see Rooney back to his best though, I do like that guy.

Note: After this Tottenham meeting, United will start losing matches. Newcastle will beat them, Chelsea will beat them, Arsenal will beat them.

Ursegor

World Champion
I don't disagree with your assessment of United. But you have to look at the rest of the league as well and while United have regressed badly, so has the rest of the league. Who could challenge them? On paper: City, Chelsea, Arsenal. In reality:

City: Coached by an imbecile. Has Agüero, Dzeko, Tevez and Balotelli in the squad and publicly moans about the owners not spending money on RvP. Tells the whole world that Tevez will never start again for City just to make him his #1 striker the next season, benching the likes of Dzeko (who's their most on-form striker at the moment). Publicly blames his players for making mistakes. And then he fucks around with 3 man backline formations, acting as if he was Pep Guardiola. Except that he's failing hard at it. Probably took a look at Serie A and thought: "Hey, herp derp, I'm an Italian coach too, if Napoli, Udinese, Juventus and Fiorentina can play 3 at the back, I can as well!" City didn't win the league last season. United lost it. 8 points with 5 games to go. Yep, United definitely lost it (and only on goal difference as well), despite being so shit that Basel kicked them out of Europe.

Chelsea: Torres = :shit:. Mikel = :shit:. Lampard = :shit:. Terry = :shit:. David Luiz = :shit:. Ramires = good. Mata = good. And Oscar and Hazard are 20 year old talents. 20 year old talents don't win you titles. They'll finish behind Arsenal.

Arsenal: Well balanced all over the pitch this season. Cazorla makes them forget about Cesc. Solid at the back. Podolski will always bang them in. Still you feel that a world class striker is needed. And at the end they are Arsenal. They always find a way to bottle it.

So, yeah. Another United year due to the lack of serious competition. What is it again? 12 Premier League titles but only 2 CLs in 25 years?

Pepe Silvia

Credit due to City for the title man. League format never lies. Mancini has his nitwit moments and he has this grandiose aire about him that he needs to keep in check for the sake of his locker room. If he can manage to pull together his cards, they may start grinding out results more often than not. They have the talent to repeat, but they lack consistency on the pitch at the moment.

Chelsea - I can't overstate the importance of their coach. To be able to manage that CL glory with THAT squad and make believers out THAT squad leaves me speechless really. If he can perform that magic, the sky's the limit for Chelsea in league so I can't write them out. They haven't faced stiff competition just yet (Newcastle first half was tight) but that will come and they will be tested in the coming weeks.

Arsenal - I have them as contenders this season. Time will tell if they can manage to outlast the others and not bottle it, but we'll see.

Home of Barca Fans