Manchester United

Morten

What are they waiting for?
They can still salvage something if they get rid of Mou, but time is quickly running out, not much to lose at this point with a sacking.

PhilS

Boy, I hope Barca draws United in the Champions League. None of their midfielders I saw on the field today would even make the Barca roster. United was so incompetent playing the ball out of the back today, this is a team designed to always lose against teams like Liverpool or Barca.

Mitchell1978

They can still salvage something if they get rid of Mou, but time is quickly running out, not much to lose at this point with a sacking.

Maybe they're waiting untill they can no longer qualify for the CL like they did with Van Gaal and that could be a couple of months still.

Devils

They are worse this season than they were under Moyes.

I've never seen a club invest so much money and ultimately build such an average side and as a club regress. It's shocking.

Pogba, Lukaku, Martial, Fred, Sanchez these guys cost the club a fortune with transfers/wages...yet they are nowhere to be found.

It actually boggles the mind.

El Gato

Villarato!

Stingy, don't want nor do they need to pay up the release. And TBF there are very few managers out there that could hit the reset button and make this wholly mismanaged project work. Zidane doesn't seem the right fit in these circumstances. Most of this squad are damaged goods by now, only those with strong mentality like Mata or the youngest ones like Rashford and Martial are of any use.

I mean it seems very bleak Mou will salvage anything from his stint there. He is pretty much done for on the elite level. Even Bayern wouldn't probably suck it up, they're too 'elitist' to tolerate him. Nor does he seem interested in PSG, but guess he won't really be in the position to pick and choose soon. You can only inspire dedication to this sort of football from particular groups of players, which could work at Inter if he wants to go back there, but it's not certain, the Italian league isn't exactly lacking in this approach. Portugal job is tailor-made for him post-Cristiano. He does well with seemingly mediocre players that he can actually stabilise and improve. Plus his charisma would actually bring tremendous attention to international football that is continually being rebranded. I wonder if he even wants it tho.

I'm quite enjoying United going through LA Lakers type rebuild.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Stingy, don't want nor do they need to pay up the release. And TBF there are very few managers out there that could hit the reset button and make this wholly mismanaged project work. Zidane doesn't seem the right fit in these circumstances. Most of this squad are damaged goods by now, only those with strong mentality like Mata or the youngest ones like Rashford and Martial are of any use.

I mean it seems very bleak Mou will salvage anything from his stint there. He is pretty much done for on the elite level. Even Bayern wouldn't probably suck it up, they're too 'elitist' to tolerate him. Nor does he seem interested in PSG, but guess he won't really be in the position to pick and choose soon. You can only inspire dedication to this sort of football from particular groups of players, which could work at Inter if he wants to go back there, but it's not certain, the Italian league isn't exactly lacking in this approach. Portugal job is tailor-made for him post-Cristiano. He does well with seemingly mediocre players that he can actually stabilise and improve. Plus his charisma would actually bring tremendous attention to international football that is continually being rebranded. I wonder if he even wants it tho.

I'm quite enjoying United going through LA Lakers type rebuild.

I won't be surprised if he doesn't manage a club again. There were rumors he wanted to go into a different role, one of a Sporting Director.

Givenchy

needing a rebuild in the current market (unless you're City) is pretty much an impossible job to do, especially considering the quality they'd need. when SAF left they should of gone straight for a top manager, the job was attractive back then but now its a poisoned chalice..

looking at their squad; DDG, Smalling, Pogba, Martial, Perriera and Rashford are the only players i'd keep, possibly Herrera also. Fellaini, Jones, Matic (now), Lukaku, Bailey, and Lingard are midtable players at best. then you have Young, Valencia.. and Sanchez who should probably just retire, he really is Rooney 2.0. Mourinho is a bastard and his tactics don't have a place in todays football but their team is midtable going on the majority of the player quality, expecting a league title or top 2 finish is ridiculous when you see Liverpool and City

i think the only way for them to bounce back in the next 3-4 years is to sell their soul to the Saudi's/become an oil club. I got alot of respect for United and they always did things the right way building players up into future stars but football has changed

i was watching the game today and they can barely string 2 passes together, its pretty shocking.

Joan

Their squad doesn't look good, but you never know with Mou's teams. However, a change in management is needed - since players obviously don't stand behind the coach as much as that particular coach needs.

El Gato

Villarato!
I won't be surprised if he doesn't manage a club again. There were rumors he wanted to go into a different role, one of a Sporting Director.

No surprise. Zizou is quite self aware, he knows people will expect him to be this inspiring presence and that the charm will wear off if he thrusts himself into a job that doesn’t suit the circumstances.

Morten

I had a good laugh reading through some of the comments on redcafe, especially regarding their disallowed goal.
"B...but Lukaku didnt touch it, no offside", uhm, he interferes with the play, hence its offside, how do they not understand this?
And most of the comment section actually thought it wasn`t offside, they need to get a grip.

Last edited:

Devils

United are shook.

Neville is at a loss for words and looks depressed lol.

[youtube]ITiOqO2m9z4[/youtube]

Home of Barca Fans