Manchester United

messi2140

6racies Xavi
United has been in a world of mediocrity ever since Fergie retired, only winning some low key trophies here and there, not even really challenging for the league since.
Its simply ridiculous to compare current Barcelona to them, given that you win domestic trophies basically every year.
Everyone complains though, but i never screamed for sacking Zidane last season when things looked terrible, you guys want Valverde out despite a domestic double.
If my team won a domestic double i would be happy, actually, even if we went out early in the CL.

And thats where I disagree with you. With the form Messi was in La liga + Real horrible start to it , any Manager that coached this Barca would have won la liga and a possible CdR. I mean under Tata who had the "worst" Messi , almost Barbequed his way to a double aswell.

Thats the issue with looking just at stats and trophies with Messi in your team.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
[MENTION=18429]Morten[/MENTION] I don't think there's anyone more entitled or spoiled than you considering how much you complain about your local team here despite them winning and spending more money than anyone else.

Morten

And thats where I disagree with you. With the form Messi was in La liga + Real horrible start to it , any Manager that coached this Barca would have won la liga and a possible CdR. I mean under Tata who had the "worst" Messi , almost Barbequed his way to a double aswell.

Thats the issue with looking just at stats and trophies with Messi in your team.

Im not saying everything is all roses and sunshine at Barca, you have your issues, its still ridiculous to compare your situation with Man Utd though, surely you see that?

Morten

[MENTION=18429]Morten[/MENTION] I don't think there's anyone more entitled or spoiled than you considering how much you complain about your local team here despite them winning and spending more money than anyone else.

Cant deny im entitled/spoiled with my local team, guilty as charged.
Then again, when you look at our budget compared to the rest, we are supposed to be the best by some distance, not grinding out wins or rely on Godlike goalkeeping.
That said, i did say we have improved as the season went by.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Cant deny im entitled/spoiled with my local team, guilty as charged.
Then again, when you look at our budget compared to the rest, we are supposed to be the best by some distance, not grinding out wins or rely on Godlike goalkeeping.
That said, i did say we have improved as the season went by.

Oh really?

Well, when you look at Barcelona's budget, the fact that Barcelona's payroll is the highest in World Football, the fact that this team got a lot of talented players then perhaps the team ought not to survive by grinding out wins, play scared defensively with a narrow lead, have to rely on ter Stegen way too many times than it should, and have to rely on Messi to often singlehandedly carry the team, play a shit-on-a-stick style of football.

Perhaps people got a right to complain afterall?

Last edited:

Richard.H

Im not saying everything is all roses and sunshine at Barca, you have your issues, its still ridiculous to compare your situation with Man Utd though, surely you see that?

It's not ridiculous at all. With the quality of our squad, we should have at least made CL semifinal in 2014, 2016, and 2018. The board has completely shitted the bed with acquiring the proper coach for this team. I am certain that with a star coach we could've been a lot more competitive in the CL and still easily win La Liga.

Ok, to be fair in 2014 our squad was shit, but no excuses for '16 and '18.

Last edited:

Morten

Oh really?

Well, when you look at Barcelona's budget, the fact that Barcelona's payroll is the highest in World Football, the fact that this team got a lot of talented players then perhaps the team is ought not to survive by grinding out wins, play defensively with a narrow lead, have to rely on ter Stegen way too many times than it should, and have to rely on Messi to often singlehandedly carry the team.

Perhaps people got a right to complain afterall?

My original post was about how your situation isnt comparable to Uniteds, thats not even debatable as far as im concerned, no matter what issues you may currently have.
Anyway, yes, i guess your football under Valverde is boring(though you have a couple of high scoring games so far this season, dont forget).
Not really comparable to Norwegian football though, because RBK is the only "big" club in Norway, we dont really compete with anyone over time, you do have a club of similiar size in Madrid to compete against, so you should feel happy that you beat a club of similiar size to domestic trophies.

I will say though, you strengthened your squad this summer, no improvements visible so far, i understand the complaints about that,

Last edited:

Morten

It's not ridiculous at all. With the quality of our squad, we should have at least made CL semifinal in 2014, 2016, and 2018. The board has completely shitted the bed with acquiring the proper coach for this team. I am certain that with a star coach we could've been a lot more competitive in the CL and still easily win La Liga.

Ok, to be fair in 2014 our squad was shit, but no excuses for '16 and '18.

Funny that you should mention the CL, United doesnt even make the quarters anymore, heck, sometimes they dont even qualify for the CL, and not to mention the domestic trophies we talked about earlier.
Your situation is not comparable to Uniteds, who has been mediocre every single season since 2013.

messi2140

6racies Xavi

Ofc , atm Man utd is on a different level of shitshow. But a few more years of appointing mediocre managers , giving contract extension to grandpa's and Messi retiring by then. Where do you think Barca will be then ?

Instead of integrating new players and youth while slowly phasing out senior players and the impact of Messi , this club and mediocre manager decide to fucking double down and take Messidependencia to the next level. So yeah , while we are not on the level of Man utd , Arsenal , a few more years of this shitshow and Barca will be like them.

Last edited:

Givenchy

Ofc , atm Man utd is on a different level of shitshow. But a few more years of appointing mediocre managers , giving contract extension to grandpa's and Messi retiring by then. Where do you think Barca will be then ?

Instead of integrating new players and youth while slowly phasing out senior players and the impact of Messi , this club and mediocre manager decide to fucking double down and take Messidependencia to the next level. So yeah , while we are not on the level of Man utd , Arsenal , a few more years of this shitshow and Barca will be like them.

totally this, it should be a warning sign for us. Messi to us is like SAF was to them, a few seasons of wrong signings and bad managers and we'll be Milan 2.0

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Top of the table and acting like its the end of the world :lol::lol:

Top of the table only because Real Madrid and our other competitors slipped up as well, while playing tougher games.

Certainly we have much higher standard than Manchester United. Not only do we demand our club to compete for championships, we demand them to play well. [MENTION=18675]messi2140[/MENTION] is completely right, what separates us from Manchester United circa 18/19 is Messi, without him we would be exactly like them. Without Messi we certainly would not have finished 2nd like they did in a very competitive league last season.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Amen to this.

Andrew M

Top of the table only because Real Madrid and our other competitors slipped up as well, while playing tougher games.

Certainly we have much higher standard than Manchester United. Not only do we demand our club to compete for championships, we demand them to play well. [MENTION=18675]messi2140[/MENTION] is completely right, what separates us from Manchester United circa 18/19 is Messi, without him we would be exactly like them. Without Messi we certainly would not have finished 2nd like they did in a very competitive league last season.

And would Real Madrid have won 3 CLs in a row without Ronaldo?

Fact is we do have Messi as part of the team. Argentina have won nothing with Messi so it is not as simple as that.

Home of Barca Fans