Manchester United

FCBfan22

Fap_Folder_Slika87.jpg

This man :worthy: :lol:

Is he preparing for crucifiction?

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
United needs to stop crying about the market and start spending if they want to sign players. No point in demanding teams lower their asking prices as if united is doing them a favor.

Andrew M

[MENTION=17742]BenRobbins[/MENTION]

Any Utd fans must be concerned at their haphazard approach to signing a new CB this summer

BenRobbins

[MENTION=17742]BenRobbins[/MENTION]

Any Utd fans must be concerned at their haphazard approach to signing a new CB this summer

Redcafe is in absolute meltdown :lol:

Jose wanted a new CB, LB, RW and CM before the window. He got a CM and a young RB. It is very concerning and i am worried but our squad has the talent and a lot of players under performed last year so it is not the end of the world. As long as we push City harder this time and win a trophy i am not too fussed but it was a missed opportunity to close the gap and the Board seriously need to sort their shit out.

We are the most poorly run big team and our football is sometimes awful to watch so we need to improve or risk becoming like Liverpool.

Morten

A common excuse i see on redcafe is "Mou just needs more money to get the players he wants!".
Yes, everything doesnt always to go as planned, but really, imagine whining about not spending enough, when United has spent, what, 500 millions in the last 3 years or whatever?
When will they realize what the real problem is?

xXKonan

If there's one thing United are good at it's making money and finding sponsors.

I have a feeling United's board wasn't interested in spending large amount of money on players Mou wanted. He wanted the likes of Willian,Alderweireld etc and you know what they had in common? they would be expensive and on high wages and they are getting old. While they would be an instant shot to the arm for United to compete, United's board was concerned more about the future than the present.

That or they don't trust Mou due to his erratic behavior and third season meltdowns.

BenRobbins

It is all coming out now that United felt the options Jose were looking at were not worth the prices and they would only fork out top dollar if a World Class player became available eg Varane

It seems United and City are beginning to take the same stance in not being taken to the cleaners and are prepared to walk away from deals if clubs are becoming to greedy.

Risky game but it needs to be done otherwise the market will continue to explode.

KingLeo10

It is all coming out now that United felt the options Jose were looking at were not worth the prices and they would only fork out top dollar if a World Class player became available eg Varane

It seems United and City are beginning to take the same stance in not being taken to the cleaners and are prepared to walk away from deals if clubs are becoming to greedy.

Risky game but it needs to be done otherwise the market will continue to explode.

could be the case for united but city aren't making any stands IMO. they simply can't justify spending 250 M + every summer on their fake sponsorship deals so they had no choice but to cool down this summer. same as with PSG after paying the 180 M for mbappe this summer.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

I think your board didn't want to pay over the odds for players over or pushing 30 either. Too short-term for them that could become an issue if Mourinho doesn't manage to succeed and you're stuck with them.

Also I bet Mourinho was insistent on getting the players he wanted too and perhaps wasn't so open to alternatives.

You guys should prob get a director of football/sporting director that takes care of these things because this Mourinho vs Woodward/Board war is destructive.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
I doubt the main reason United didn't sign any CB is because of the market. Reports are saying they had 100 mil to spend on a defender. Boateng wasn't that expensive, he just refused to come. Mina wasn't that expensive he probably chose Everton which was the better destination for him. Godin obviously wasn't leaving Atletico.

I think Leicester simply didn't want to sell Maguire this window. Perhaps Spurs were asking too much for Alderweireld? Or Spurs were also not willing to sell him. He is the only one i'm not sure about.

As long as Jose is there, United should expect some players will simply turn them down.

xXKonan

I feel the CB market isn't all that bad to be honest. These days most CB's are becoming more and more technical being able to play out the back etc.

Problem is with Mou he's to obsessed with already made stars that either are aging and expensive or wants young players who are already established at big clubs that clubs aren't willing to sell like Varane. These days most of the big teams are buying CB's who are young and talented who have the potential to be World class and with good enough scouting it is indeed possible.

One of the best examples that was achievable who fits this profile is none other than Lenglet. 35 Million euro release clause, United were interested in him but did not remotely put up a fight and instead they were focused on the likes of Alderweireld, a 29 year old CB who Levy wanted a lot of money for and again fits Mou's short term signing idea.

Funny thing Bailly and Lindelof were rated pretty high before they went to United. Bailly's biggest problem is his injuries and the rumors are Mou didn't even want Lindelof in the first place and hasn't looked great at United.

Seems like every season for the past 5-6 years they keep resorting on using the likes of Smalling and Jones who should have out the door ages ago. Jones was considered a good talent when he was young but injuries screwed his development. and Smalling is a limited player as well. Problem is these two will have these games where they look like world beaters to convince fans that they don't need new CB's only to either get injured or go back to being mediocre.

For me going by these articles which clearly they have been briefed likely by United, that their board is on the right of things. They want to invest in long term achievable talents but Mou himself is to focused on bring in short term players for big money and wages and United would be screwed if Mou gets sacked because they are stuck with these older players.

BenRobbins

I think your board didn't want to pay over the odds for players over or pushing 30 either. Too short-term for them that could become an issue if Mourinho doesn't manage to succeed and you're stuck with them.

Also I bet Mourinho was insistent on getting the players he wanted too and perhaps wasn't so open to alternatives.

You guys should prob get a director of football/sporting director that takes care of these things because this Mourinho vs Woodward/Board war is destructive.

We had Ribalta, Juventus chief scout we stole but he left after a year to go to Zenit because apparently he wasn't given any power :lol:

It is ridiculous. Something needs to change because it is going to spiral out of control and end badly.

Home of Barca Fans