Manchester United

89Norcal

Fergie is so so disrespectful. Im surprised Pardew didn't reply.

Even if Pardew has experience with ref conflict, though that push wasn't that bad, he has more class that Fergie (like most EPL managers). Alan's comments weren't even that strong. If you could amount it to a physical confrontation; Pardew's comments were a tap on the shoulder and Fergie's were a slap to the face. That coming just 2 years after Fergie sang the praises of Newcastle as a club. Just shows he's all mind games and fake smiles.

Banana-Rama

I think Ashley Young looks lost out there...:icon_neutral:

He's shit. I don't know why United ever paid so much for him.

totally agree, I said as much before we signed him, no-where near good enough, United have really been lacking on the wings this season with Valencia also off form, I haven't seen such poor wing play at United in years, I have never really been happy with Valencia either, he's too one dimensional, no left foot and can't cut in, he just hugs the line all game and relies on pace and strength to get past the full back rather then skill, we really need Nani back in the team asap, I would sell Young and try to get Schurrle from Leverkusen..............

Ketoth

Then what is it that makes utd so strong? 7 points clear in the league and they look amazing whenever I see them.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
They have Van Persie. He managed to drag Arsenal up to third all by himself, with Rooney and Hernandez he can easily keep United in first.

Ketoth

I see RVP as their leader in a way. He is desperate to win trophies, specifically the premier league. He knows he's running out of time and he has to win the league soon. I feel as though his mentality rubs off on his teammates. I expect utd fans to point to Fergie's man management but I think van Persie has a huge influence.

89Norcal

I see RVP as their leader in a way. He is desperate to win trophies, specifically the premier league. He knows he's running out of time and he has to win the league soon. I feel as though his mentality rubs off on his teammates. I expect utd fans to point to Fergie's man management but I think van Persie has a huge influence.

He could be the difference in the title race, if ManUtd go through a rough patch and lose their lead.

Jenks

I've never seen United look amazing this season. They just have a great strike force and get the ball to them quickly, that's about it. Defensively they're all over the place and will get schooled by Madrid.

Banana-Rama

I've never seen United look amazing this season. They just have a great strike force and get the ball to them quickly, that's about it. Defensively they're all over the place and will get schooled by Madrid.

we have been much better defensively in the last 2 games with the return of Vidic, that has been reflected by the two clean sheets, Vidic-Evans are solid, to say we will get schooled by Madrid is wishful thinking, we will push them very close, khedira-alonso are very slow, Carrick and Cleverley can get some joy there, ronaldo does not track back much either so we can get at them down the wings, with van persie/hernandez in this form we can score goals against them...........

Jenks

It's not wishful thinking, I'd much prefer United to win, but Madrid are better in every department.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
It's not wishful thinking, I'd much prefer United to win, but Madrid are better in every department.

So you're saying Benzema>RVP? Ozil>Rooney + Kagawa (current form, that is)? The fact is, United's attack is terrifying and will rip apart Pepe and Ramos (Pepe has sucked this season). United have kept clean sheets lately, their defense is doing nicely. And there's always the chance of Madrid selling Ronaldo...

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
There's no chance of them selling Ronaldo now. Who'd buy him? Man U? That's about 100 million euros for a player that's cup tied.

Man U would definitely have a chance if they faced RM right now, but things might be different come February.

Jenks

So you're saying Benzema>RVP? Ozil>Rooney + Kagawa (current form, that is)? The fact is, United's attack is terrifying and will rip apart Pepe and Ramos (Pepe has sucked this season). United have kept clean sheets lately, their defense is doing nicely. And there's always the chance of Madrid selling Ronaldo...

Ronaldo and Benzema provide more of an attacking threat than RVP and Rooney, and the gap between their midfields is even wider. Their defences may be equally average right now, but that's about it.

Banana-Rama

better in every department? Van Persie is comfortably better then Benzema/Higuain, Ozil is not better then Rooney/Kagawa, not on this seasons form anyway, Khedira-Alonso v Carrick-Cleverley is 50/50 to be honest, Alonso has been horrible this season, not much difference in defence when everyone is fit apart from the goalkeeper.................

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Arguable. Benzema hasn't been too consistent this season, and Ronaldo quickly gets frustrated if he's shut out. If Northern Ireland can keep him quiet, United can double team him quite easily. Their midfield is not too bad; Carrick and Cleverly have both been quite good, Anderson shines when he's not injured, their wingers, while poor, are still better then Di Maria. Kagawa is quite good as well. Also, if they bought Wanyama, could they play him against Madrid?

Home of Barca Fans