Manchester United

Xanian

Hes hardly going to say if he is going to leave to random journalists is he? i imagine it will officially be denied next week by Juventus. (or confirmed hes off to liverpool:lol:)

Heh. Liverpool is not nearly good enough for a player like Vidal :D

SwiftGuyver

i seriously doubt he'll go to Liverpool but they looked a much better team than Man Utd and/or Juve last season.

the facts are that they're in the CL and you're not and the only teams who've won the European Cup more times than them are Real Madrid & AC Milan.

you lot have a good chance of getting a top 4 finish this season but i can't see you winning the PL or CL anytime soon either.

Xanian

i seriously doubt he'll go to Liverpool but they looked a much better team than Man Utd and/or Juve last season.

the facts are that they're in the CL and you're not and the only teams who've won the European Cup more times than them are Real Madrid & AC Milan.

you lot have a good chance of getting a top 4 finish this season but i can't see you winning the PL or CL anytime soon either.

I agree Liverpool were better last season, but I hope that was just a blip for United. Anyway, Louis Van Gaal looks like he will not settle for fourth or third. And with a few good signings, I do not see why United should not be in the PL race again.

SwiftGuyver

And with a few good signings, I do not see why United should not be in the PL race again.

who knows what's going to happen. we all know this game can surprise you at any moment!

personally though i can't see anyone finishing above both Chelsea & Man City anytime soon. i honestly think 1 of those 2 will win the PL for the next decade at least. Man Utd & Liverpool are definitely by far the 2 biggest & most historical clubs in British football but it's a new era.

having said that the only guarantee for this season coming is that the PL title race/fight for top 4 is going to be tight! it will be so close & competitive and great for the neutrals to watch!

Xanian

who knows what's going to happen. we all know this game can surprise you at any moment!

personally though i can't see anyone finishing above both Chelsea & Man City anytime soon. i honestly think 1 of those 2 will win the PL for the next decade at least. Man Utd & Liverpool are definitely by far the 2 biggest & most historical clubs in British football but it's a new era.

having said that the only guarantee for this season coming is that the PL title race/fight for top 4 is going to be tight! it will be so close & competitive and great for the neutrals to watch!

The new era is not so in favor of City and chelsea. Whatever the recent transfer dealings, United is still the third most valued club in the world. Even if they do not win the league this season, I am pretty sure they will at least finish in the top 4. Attracting players with CL football under LVG should not be that hard. But I agree that City and Chelsea are stacked right now, and I am not too happy about that.

SwiftGuyver

Chelsea & City will always be able to offer CL football & have lots of money to spend as well though...

you might finish above 1 of them 1 season but i just can't see you or any other PL team finishing above both of them. obviously i could be completely wrong! as i've said already you can't really predict what will happen in football! this is just my gut feeling.

the last 20 odd years have been kind to you. i don't think it's unreasonable to expect other forces to dominate the next 20...

S7_MUFC

In next 2-3 years most of the City players will be over 30 so you can't say they will dominate for the next 10 years based on the current group of players..Chelsea do have a good group of young players so they will be the team to beat for the next few years...You are basing your assumption about transfers on how we conducted our transfers under fergie..If we get into the champions league we have very real chance of surpassing the revenue of Real Madrid so, do you really think worlds richest club will struggle to compete with chelsea and city?

Xanian

In next 2-3 years most of the City players will be over 30 so you can't say they will dominate for the next 10 years based on the current group of players..Chelsea do have a good group of young players so they will be the team to beat for the next few years...You are basing your assumption about transfers on how we conducted our transfers under fergie..If we get into the champions league we have very real chance of surpassing the revenue of Real Madrid so, do you really think worlds richest club will struggle to compete with chelsea and city?

What you say makes a lot of sense, but City will just keep throwing money at players, they just need to replace the older bunch. I think in the end, it will just be a matter of who spends more.

Dave Saves

New era? It is the new FFP era and Chelsea (and even City now) are taking it seriously. They won't have a spending advantage over United any longer. They have much better teams right now but how can anyone predict what's going to happen in a few years time from now? Sorry but that's just a very bad post. No one has any idea what is going to happen for the next decade.

S7_MUFC

New era? It is the new FFP era and Chelsea (and even City now) are taking it seriously. They won't have a spending advantage over United any longer. They have much better teams right now but how can anyone predict what's going to happen in a few years time from now? Sorry but that's just a very bad post. No one has any idea what is going to happen for the next decade.
exactly...We were struggling big time a decade ago and then we went on to win 5 league titles and the champions league and dropped out of the top 4....It's just silly to say chelsea or city will win the league for the next 10 seasons......

Dave Saves

What you say makes a lot of sense, but City will just keep throwing money at players, they just need to replace the older bunch. I think in the end, it will just be a matter of who spends more.

What do you think we are doing? 125 million since last summer with more to come and all this is just a portion of the money that we generated. We are capable of spending much much more than that and I think we'll continue to do that whenever the boat starts to rock, as it is doing at the moment.We are trying to buy ourselves out of trouble at the moment. The funny thing is even if we fail to get in to the Champions League this time, we have enough resources to do the same level of spending next year without blinking an eyelid. Our years of frugal spending with the debt hanging as a shadow over the club are well and truly over, just hoping that Woodward doesn't make an unnecessary luxury signing like Cavani just to show this to everybody.

Xanian

What do you think we are doing? 125 million since last summer with more to come and all this is just a portion of the money that we generated. We are capable of spending much much more than that and I think we'll continue to do that whenever the boat starts to rock, as it is doing at the moment.We are trying to buy ourselves out of trouble at the moment. The funny thing is even if we fail to get in to the Champions League this time, we have enough resources to do the same level of spending next year without blinking an eyelid. Our years of frugal spending with the debt hanging as a shadow over the club are well and truly over, just hoping that Woodward doesn't make an unnecessary luxury signing like Cavani just to show this to everybody.

I was afraid that this summer would be a make or break transfer window for us. Even now, I guess the Glazers are not ready to spend more than necessary after this summer is done. I really hope I am wrong though.

And like you said, I hope Woodward does not flex his muscle and break the world record to sign fucking Cuadrado.

Home of Barca Fans