Manchester United

Banana-Rama

I don't think I will ever regard Rooney as a world class footballer. He's just so inconsistent and can't even seem to get the basics right when not on form. He's really overrated by our fanatical supporters just because he puts in a shift, but for a supposedly 'top player' he should be doing more. Quite a poor match today, we had enough chances to win comfortably but poor finishing, I wasn't impressed with Swansea to be honest, they need to go back to the posession play they showed under Rodgers, they rely too much on counter attack now...................

zanela

United need to paly better if they want to beat Real.

Real will beat them regardless. Infact, i've put madrid the favs to win this edition of the CL. The last 2 times Mourinho's teams finished second in their group, they went on to win it.

Jenks

Yeah, I missed it but heard he had an absolute shocker. Looked like someone who had been on the piss all week...

Ketoth

Rooney can't dribble at all. One on one against a defender and he's clueless, as seen today.

He's just a good presser, he'll keep on running, and lay the ball to his teammates.

89Norcal

I don't think I will ever regard Rooney as a world class footballer. He's just so inconsistent and can't even seem to get the basics right when not on form. He's really overrated by our fanatical supporters just because he puts in a shift, but for a supposedly 'top player' he should be doing more. Quite a poor match today, we had enough chances to win comfortably but poor finishing, I wasn't impressed with Swansea to be honest, they need to go back to the posession play they showed under Rodgers, they rely too much on counter attack now...................

I disagree. If he's not world class, then neither is RVP, Torres, Suarez, Falcao or Ibra imo, just to name a few. Honestly I think he gets a hard time because he's English. Then again, people tend to have different standards for what world class means.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Rooney is a world class player; when was the last time he had a crappy performance? He currently has 12 goals and 9 assists in all competitions, which is quite a bit when you consider he was out injured for quite a while.

Banana-Rama

Rooney is a world class player; when was the last time he had a crappy performance? He currently has 12 goals and 9 assists in all competitions, which is quite a bit when you consider he was out injured for quite a while.

nah he's too inconsistent, goes through far too many periods of poor form over the course of a season, he has put in quite a number of poor performances this season, i watch every united game so i know what i am talking about, he has not done it at international level either, he was england's worst player at world cup 2010 and euro 2012...............

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Could you please provide some specific examples? The way I see it, he hustles every game, contributing both defensively and offensively quite a bit. Before his injury, he was in a poor run of form, but that in my opinion was more due to his fitness than anything else. He's decent for England in my eyes, not world-class but not poor like you say either. And I definitely don't think inconsistent is the way to describe Rooney.

Banana-Rama

Could you please provide some specific examples? The way I see it, he hustles every game, contributing both defensively and offensively quite a bit. Before his injury, he was in a poor run of form, but that in my opinion was more due to his fitness than anything else. He's decent for England in my eyes, not world-class but not poor like you say either. And I definitely don't think inconsistent is the way to describe Rooney.

did you watch the england games at the last two tournaments, rooney was the worst player on the pitch, world class players don't play that badly at international tournaments, rooney has too many games like the one yesterday when he cannot even make a simple 5 yard pass, he looked like he was getting over a hang over yesterday, he is just not as professional as someone like c.ronaldo when it comes to fitness and looking after himself, i wonder what kind of relationship mourinho will have with rooney if he becomes united manager, fergie seems to let rooney get away with alot, i am not sure mourinho will be as forgiving with him, the way he played yesterday mourinho would of subbed him off at half time............

Last edited:

Maria

Real will beat them regardless. Infact, i've put madrid the favs to win this edition of the CL. The last 2 times Mourinho's teams finished second in their group, they went on to win it.

That's not true and this is just another example of how Mou manipulates the press. He said that everytime he won the CL, he finished 2nd in the group stage and many people took it as if it has the same meaning as "everytime Mou finished 2nd, he won the CL" when in fact he also finished 2nd in 2005-2006 and 2008-2009 and was eliminated by Barcelona and Manchester United in the first knock-out round.
So we can only be certain of RM winning the CL after they eliminate Manchester United. :sherlock:

Ursegor

World Champion
That's not true and this is just another example of how Mou manipulates the press. He said that everytime he won the CL, he finished 2nd in the group stage and many people took it as if it has the same meaning as "everytime Mou finished 2nd, he won the CL" when in fact he also finished 2nd in 2005-2006 and 2008-2009 and was eliminated by Barcelona and Manchester United in the first knock-out round.
So we can only be certain of RM winning the CL after they eliminate Manchester United. :sherlock:

Everyone knows who's going to win the CL this season.

2008 Spain wins EC -> Barca wins CL the next season, after being eliminated by a busparking team the season before
2010 Spain wins WC -> Barca wins CL the next season, after being eliminated by a busparking team the season before
2012 Spain wins EC -> :pep:

Also whenever Barcelona got past Benfica in the CL, Barca won the whole competition. :pep:

Home of Barca Fans