Manchester United

Martindn

Hopefully abroad, cant see him playing against us, or worse playing poorly for another team. Big big summer for us, need to do it right.

H

Haruko The Goon

Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Giggs.

All leaving United. Going to be wholesale changes come next season. It'll be a new look United side.

R

rb3025

United out of top 4, never thought of it as possibility, let the joy last longer than Moyes. So 200 million warchest is being paraded again? :pep:

If they do buy heavily, next year could be exciting fight for top4

Last edited:

Martindn

Our revenue is ridiculous not to mention all the sponsorship deals plus tv money and how frugal we have been before Moyes, we have nothing to worry about if we buy right. But that if is a pretty big one in todays market.

I

instinct

It's official! Louis van Gaal signed a 3-year contract. Giggs will become assistant manager

H

Haruko The Goon

United need not worry about money, they could spend £120m with ease and still be within FFP.
City are the ones that can't overspend too much. But they can ship out the likes of Barry/Milner/Lescott/Richards and use the incoming funds for that, to buy players.
They can't spend more on wages than they currently do - bu twith those 4 players gone, that's probably 500,000 a week right there.
I can't see them faltering much.

Unbiased United

Wouldn't FFP kick in if they do spend that much? Or do their revenues cover it?

We could spend twice that and be alright next season.

Made up with Van Gaal as our new manager, and with him onboard I fully expect Van Persie to be back to his amazing best next season. Obviously rival fans will say it means nothing and we are on the decline... blah blah, I'd expect nothing less...but I'm very confident we'll be back in top four next season, and if we can get the right signings then back challenging for the title.

H

Haruko The Goon

VanP was always amazing.
His fitness was and is his downfall though. If you check out his goals to game ratio THIS season, it's still pretty special.

Unbiased United

VanP was always amazing.
His fitness was and is his downfall though. If you check out his goals to game ratio THIS season, it's still pretty special.

Yeah he didn't have a bad season when he played, but he did seem to be missing that spark from the seasons before. Whatever the players say, some of them did seem to spit their dummies out with Moyes as manager and I'd say RVP was one of them. I'd expect/hope he'll be well back up for it next season, although as you mention injuries are always a worry with him.

Martindn

BoAEyoDIUAA1zVS.jpg

:party1:

Home of Barca Fans