Manchester City

Why would it be meaningless?

Have heard that he was influencing transfers even before he moved there.

Sterling, KDB, Otamendi knew he was coming the following summer and he pushed the club to sign them.

KdB and Sterling I knew because they were also linked with Bayern when he was there and when Bayern said no to spend that kind of money they went to City, which was a no brainer, but I'm not sure of Otamendi since Pep was trying to replace him this summer. and even last summer when he tried for Laporte and Bouncci.

You are right that we pay world-record fees, because we buy the best players. But City spends between 150-200 M € net in the summer the last few years. That is an insane amount, that is unprecedented, and we have NEVER spend that much. That is also how they end up with De Bruyne, Sterling, Sane and Bernardo Silva, and in general a squad nearly on pair with Real.

Not a fair comparison imho, we've just had to replace certain players (a few at that), in the squad and not make huge overhaul of them, City in Pep first season had about 13-14 players out of their 26-28 man squad at or over the age of 30, thus they needed that overhaul and hence the spending, they shot themselves in the foot not signing a fullback and thus when they let go of their each club was licking their fingers as they knew City was desperate. City have a spent a lot even before Pep, but it seems the signing under Pep reign seem to be quite promising.

vlad

So? Im RM fan, but I think thats a good thing. If it wasnt for that no one would be able to oppose big teams, joining the elite would be pretty much impossible, football would be more predictable and boring. So yeah, Im very, very happy that teams like PSG or City were bought by rich sponsors.

I agree, if abramovich didnt bought chelsea or city didnt got rich owner, who would compete now in PL? United, arsenal and tottenham? Or look at la liga, its all about RM and barca. Not every club can have such history as top clubs like RM, bayern, united or barca, football is becoming boring now, what would look like without without crazy rich owners? Yes, we can talk about crazy spending, but its not that they started with that, RM and barca are spending huge long time now, what is other option for city or PSG then to spend also huge and trying to compete with RM, barca or united? And again just because barca does have history and fans all around the world that does not justify spending such money on one player

BarçaBarça

Not a fair comparison imho, we've just had to replace certain players (a few at that), in the squad and not make huge overhaul of them, City in Pep first season had about 13-14 players out of their 26-28 man squad at or over the age of 30, thus they needed that overhaul and hence the spending, they shot themselves in the foot not signing a fullback and thus when they let go of their each club was licking their fingers as they knew City was desperate. City have a spent a lot even before Pep, but it seems the signing under Pep reign seem to be quite promising.

Still, City could have bought Umtiti instead of Stones, for half the price. They could have kept Maffeo instead of splashing on Walker, etc.
There is also more clever options than splashing money. It is just to say that everything isn't doom and gloom if you can't spend 150M net every summer, as City does - it is possible to be more clever than that.

That said, they probably will get Sanchez on a free, which is an amazing piece of business, if it happens, so they sure have some clever deals as well.
No reason that Bernardo Silva wouldn't cost 80-100M instead of 50M - that takes good negotiation-skills, and we should remember that (every promising players prices isn't automatically +100M just because of the Neymar-deal).

Barcilliant

City are going to run out of steam by Jan or Feb. No team can keep up this sort of pace for the entire season.

Also I watched the u17 world cup and I wasn't impressed with the likes of Foden. He is a decent player but little else. England were a much stronger side physically and that gave them the edge mentally over Spain.

Givenchy

City are going to run out of steam by Jan or Feb. No team can keep up this sort of pace for the entire season.

Also I watched the u17 world cup and I wasn't impressed with the likes of Foden. He is a decent player but little else. England were a much stronger side physically and that gave them the edge mentally over Spain.

if they do run out of steam they have insane depth and i wouldn't be suprised if they bring in Sanchez in January to add to that, we could see them do a PSG spending spree in the summer also as no FFP action seems to be able to stop these deals anymore

Jenks

I actually think they're going to have quite a few problems while Stones is injured. They've already started looking dodgy at the back without him, Kompany's fitness isn't reliable and Mangala is an accident waiting to happen.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Fuck City and that band of fakes. Bunch of mercaneries copying Barca. Couldn't be more disgusting.

El Gato

Villarato!
It's a copy. And copy that cost more than a billion. What we had was real and original. 11 made up mostly of home-grown too.

And you wouldn't even sniff that if Pep wasn't the teacher. Blame him for using the skills elsewhere and building his own legacy as a great manager as opposed to being just a section in Barca's history book.

Home of Barca Fans