User Tag List

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455

Thread: Manchester City

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PL is turning into a mickey mouse league, one team wins everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning f57 View Post
    PL is turning into a mickey mouse league, one team wins everything.
    UHHH.. you forgot Liverpool 97 points and Champions League final?? (2nd in two years I might add).

If Dortmund did that, or Lille, or Napoli.. Mickey mouse league? No. Think not.

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stb_1 View Post
    UHHH.. you forgot Liverpool 97 points and Champions League final?? (2nd in two years I might add).

If Dortmund did that, or Lille, or Napoli.. Mickey mouse league? No. Think not.
    Next season will be a real test, I dont think Liverpool will get that kind of points tally again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man City will dominate the next few years, this season is as close as anyone will get for a while. I reckon they will win it pretty much every year as long as Pep is there. I reckon they will win the next 3 and the Premier League will become like the rest of the big leagues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ebc_99 View Post
    Man City will dominate the next few years, this season is as close as anyone will get for a while. I reckon they will win it pretty much every year as long as Pep is there. I reckon they will win the next 3 and the Premier League will become like the rest of the big leagues.
    Man City are great yes and especially have an immense squad. But why do people continue to underestimate Liverpool? I don't see them going away. Alisson, Van Dyke, Robertson, Trent, Fabinho, Mane, Salah are all world class players. They have a great core and they are all in their prime ages.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stb_1 View Post
    Man City are great yes and especially have an immense squad. But why do people continue to underestimate Liverpool? I don't see them going away. Alisson, Van Dyke, Robertson, Trent, Fabinho, Mane, Salah are all world class players. They have a great core and they are all in their prime ages.
    I think it is because Man City depth.
    Their previous Player of the Year, de Bruyne, was injured throughout all the season and didn't deliver. Still, they had other players to step up and fill the ranks.
    As the league is about consistency, you could think that City is the rightly favorite with the quality of their squad. In Cup format like Champions League, we can see they have some troubles, even if they cruised their national leagues this year.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is not about their depth. Possession style the way Pep does it is amazing for league campaigns. Only a handful of teams can beat you while starting their attacks with 10 players in their own half. This is why City are hard to beat in Premier League.