User Tag List

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455
Results 811 to 817 of 817

Thread: Manchester City

  1. #811
    New signing

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PL is turning into a mickey mouse league, one team wins everything.

  2. #812
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning f57 View Post
    PL is turning into a mickey mouse league, one team wins everything.
    UHHH.. you forgot Liverpool 97 points and Champions League final?? (2nd in two years I might add).


    If Dortmund did that, or Lille, or Napoli.. Mickey mouse league? No. Think not.

  3. #813
    New signing

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stb_1 View Post
    UHHH.. you forgot Liverpool 97 points and Champions League final?? (2nd in two years I might add).


    If Dortmund did that, or Lille, or Napoli.. Mickey mouse league? No. Think not.
    Next season will be a real test, I dont think Liverpool will get that kind of points tally again.

  4. #814
    Senior Member
    ebc_99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lislea, Ireland
    Posts
    852
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man City will dominate the next few years, this season is as close as anyone will get for a while. I reckon they will win it pretty much every year as long as Pep is there. I reckon they will win the next 3 and the Premier League will become like the rest of the big leagues.

  5. #815
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ebc_99 View Post
    Man City will dominate the next few years, this season is as close as anyone will get for a while. I reckon they will win it pretty much every year as long as Pep is there. I reckon they will win the next 3 and the Premier League will become like the rest of the big leagues.
    Man City are great yes and especially have an immense squad. But why do people continue to underestimate Liverpool? I don't see them going away. Alisson, Van Dyke, Robertson, Trent, Fabinho, Mane, Salah are all world class players. They have a great core and they are all in their prime ages.

  6. #816
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,137
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stb_1 View Post
    Man City are great yes and especially have an immense squad. But why do people continue to underestimate Liverpool? I don't see them going away. Alisson, Van Dyke, Robertson, Trent, Fabinho, Mane, Salah are all world class players. They have a great core and they are all in their prime ages.
    I think it is because Man City depth.
    Their previous Player of the Year, de Bruyne, was injured throughout all the season and didn't deliver. Still, they had other players to step up and fill the ranks.
    As the league is about consistency, you could think that City is the rightly favorite with the quality of their squad. In Cup format like Champions League, we can see they have some troubles, even if they cruised their national leagues this year.

  7. #817
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    17,223
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is not about their depth. Possession style the way Pep does it is amazing for league campaigns. Only a handful of teams can beat you while starting their attacks with 10 players in their own half. This is why City are hard to beat in Premier League.