Manchester City

Pep is taking City in the right direction, I've seen enough of this City this season to see that his 3 years there will be a success.

El Flaco

Seems like Man City starting to clean the house by getting rid of their aging players

[tw]867734762609414160[/tw]

[tw]867750022942777344[/tw]

[tw]867764577123094528[/tw]

[tw]867780012610637824[/tw]

Jenks

Caballero being allowed to leave seems premature. Bravo was a disaster and I don't see how they can know they have a reliable replacement lined up.

Vilarrubi

Seems like Man City starting to clean the house by getting rid of their aging players

[tw]867734762609414160[/tw]

[tw]867750022942777344[/tw]

[tw]867764577123094528[/tw]

[tw]867780012610637824[/tw]

I like the ruthlessness of this. Sorry to say.

Especially getting rid of Clichy and Sagna.. if you compare them to what Rose and Walker are like for Spurs they are miles apart.

Wondering who City will get at RB and LB.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
City are more than strong enough up front and in attacking midfield positions. It's their back 6 that is simply not up to par. Toure and Fernandinho have no business anymore being their two primary central midfielders. They got unlucky with Gundogan's injury but they need to shore up in that area, unfortunate for them that Tielemans snubbed them for Monaco. Their back 4 needs renovation but they already seem to be gearing up to do that.

The squad as is can't compete with Chelsea, especially as it's unknown how much they can rely on Gundogan given his injury record. Apparently they're trying to bring in Fabinho which would be a big reinforcement. Dunno if they can actually get Alex Sandro, though they seem to be ready to throw a lot of money to get him.

BarcaOG

Banned
I agree that the 'ruthlessness'--as you aptly put it [MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION]--is great. Admirable even. Why hang on to players that no longer contribute? These moves are perfectly in line too with Pep's revolutionary approach to football at City.

At the same time, yes, Caballero leaving is a bit surprising. He was decent and put an end to City's brutal goal-bleeding under Bravo.

Sneer

Banned
I agree that the 'ruthlessness'--as you aptly put it [MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION]--is great. Admirable even. Why hang on to players that no longer contribute? These moves are perfectly in line too with Pep's revolutionary approach to football at City.

At the same time, yes, Caballero leaving is a bit surprising. He was decent and put an end to City's brutal goal-bleeding under Bravo.

Pep is going to fail at City, I can bet.
I feel sad, but its going to happen. . . Too much bad blood with the players.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Wonder where Navas will go next? Did well tj overcome homesickness and leave for City in the first place.

Home of Barca Fans