Manchester City

Vilarrubi

The weren't found guilty of ffp breaches educate yourself. They were only found guilty of not complying with the eufa investigation in 2018?
Secondly the actual ruling of time Barred evidence didn't seem to be the sole technicality that allowed them to "escape" their champions league bans, although it is the popular narrative among football fans with an average iq in the single digit range.
We will Be able to assess the ruling in more detail when cas releases their ruling in full.

True :lol: it’s mad how many dim fans still believe they were guilty. If that was the case anyone could not comply with investigations and get off. If they had been guilty AND failed to comply the punishment would have been even more severe. This should be obvious.

Andresito

Staff member
Nathan Ake close to signing for ?40M. I wonder where Pep will play him, LB or CB together with Laporte? Rarely see two left footed CB's together.

It could potentially open up the door for the departure of Garcia.

JamDav1982

Nathan Ake close to signing for ?40M. I wonder where Pep will play him, LB or CB together with Laporte? Rarely see two left footed CB's together.

It could potentially open up the door for the departure of Garcia.

Pep will like him as can play CB, LB and also in a three at back.

Will be a squad player that gives them more options tactically would think.

El Gato

Villarato!
Have never seen him play, but seems like an odd signing. How's a defender of a relegated side getting sold for 45 million?

Is this dude any good at actually defending or is it a classic Pep case? Only ever heard his name mentioned by Chelsea fans as he was shipped off on loan spells.

Catta

Have never seen him play, but seems like an odd signing. How's a defender of a relegated side getting sold for 45 million?

Is this dude any good at actually defending or is it a classic Pep case? Only ever heard his name mentioned by Chelsea fans as he was shipped off on loan spells.

I believe him being classified as homegrown adds around 20-30 mil to the price. Don't think he is anything special, a little to small to be a PL CB, could be a good backup for City, but nothing more.

Also he looks like Gullit, maybe that is why he is so highly priced :lol:

Jenks

He's a good player, like many of those that Chelsea didn't know what to do with. If the management had the foresight that their scouts and academy did they'd have saved so much money. Rice is another one that was jettisoned from their academy that they now seem to want to bring back.

El Gato

Villarato!
I've read a Guardian piece hyping Michael Emenalo and his role in assembling the Chelsea academy giving him credit for the talent that has come through there. Again, never seen Ake, but I am surprised this tag is as high as it is.

I do wonder how the average fees for transfers from the Premier League outward have changed since Neymar, because it's as if every fee internally is at least 30-40% higher than it should be. Not sure if anyone's done much analysis on this, but I'm almost sure there has been no relatively established players under 26 years old that have left England for less than 30-40M.

Andresito

Staff member
Just noticed Juve made another swap deal with City. Our old Pablo Moreno for Felix Correia, but they were announced as two separate buys for 10M each.

I wonder how long these type of deals will keep happening. Same type of deal as we made with Arthur and Neto, and Juve/City with Cancelo and Danilo.

Xaviniesta

city gonna break the bank to sign another CB in the form of koulibaly, only to then sign Messi for 100m+

football is dead, it's a billionaire's game now

Andrew M

city gonna break the bank to sign another CB in the form of koulibaly, only to then sign Messi for 100m+

football is dead, it's a billionaire's game now

Billionaires involved in football has been going on for decades. Look at Berlusconi at Milan for a start

Home of Barca Fans