Manchester City

utility73

Not a good season? Fernandinho is their most important player.

He had an excellent season last year being instrumental for City winning the title. But he had already lots of awful performances this season. Granted though most of those were at the beginning of the season.

Last edited:

Morten

So, Pep says City should strengthen the squad with 3-4 players in the summer, wth is he smoking?
Spending a gazillion euros wasn`t enough, they need more?

Givenchy

So, Pep says City should strengthen the squad with 3-4 players in the summer, wth is he smoking?

i dont understand how Pep keeps them all happy. i mean yeah, hes the best manager in the world but still

Cule4life

The Culest

Fernandinho is 33

Kompany is 32

Silva is 33

Jesus is crap

Mendy is finished

Pep is not reactive like us, waiting for players to be finished before refreshing the squad. Also regular overhaul of the squad prevents complacency and can be used as a motivational tool.

Messigician

Fernandinho is 33

Kompany is 32

Silva is 33

Jesus is crap

Mendy is finished

Pep is not reactive like us, waiting for players to be finished before refreshing the squad. Also regular overhaul of the squad prevents complacency and can be used as a motivational tool.

Pep's bayern squad was pretty old tbh

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
One of the writers close to Pep seemed to suggest one of the reasons he left Bayern was them not letting him a free reign and not granting the transfers of players like De Bruyne or Sané.

If Pep had full control of that Bayern squad I doubt Ribery and Robben would be there for too long.

Newcomer

Rather odd to see the sentiments here about City which is not different of PSG except for the fact they are a british club.

Or is the animosity for PSG coming from the transfer history between the two clubs ? Or is it because people are fan of Guardiola and are displaying hypocrisy ?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Rather odd to see the sentiments here about City which is not different of PSG except for the fact they are a british club.

Or is the animosity for PSG coming from the transfer history between the two clubs ? Or is it because people are fan of Guardiola and are displaying hypocrisy ?

You must not have seen the Pep Guardiola hate on this forum then :lol:

Givenchy

City are just as bad, if you want to compare - all clubs are corrupt in their own ways though

i think most Barca fans respect City because of Pep + the way they play football, nothing to do with them being british and PSG french, atleast imo. PSG will attract more hate for paying 220mil for one player whilst City spend obscene amounts also but spread across the pitch

Newcomer

You must not have seen the Pep Guardiola hate on this forum then :lol:

Yup, i have not scrolled through the entire pages, indeed. ^^

But what is your take ? I happened to see the very first pages of PSG takeover and everyone was positive here. Is the animosity fueled by the transfer history alone ?

KingLeo10

I don't think anyone is putting City's success above Barca's success, except for a few rabid Messi fanboys who want to see him there for 'Messi's good'.

In the last 30 years, Pep is without doubt a top 5 figure in the success of Barca (arguably top 3, only definitive ones ahead are Messi and Cruyff). So, you can imagine there's a difference in fondness with him as compared to PSG.

Newcomer

City are just as bad, if you want to compare - all clubs are corrupt in their own ways though

i think most Barca fans respect City because of Pep + the way they play football, nothing to do with them being british and PSG french, atleast imo. PSG will attract more hate for paying 220mil for one player whilst City spend obscene amounts also but spread across the pitch

Thank you for the answer.
About the bolded part, i have seen many people have the misconception PSG has spent a lot more than City because of Neymar/Mbappé sums. However, City is way above anyone in spending.
It is easy to see players that cost nothing or under 15 M€ at PSG while City has got 40/50M players spread all over the pitch.

Home of Barca Fans