Manchester City

Barcilliant

Damn this will make the competition more boring than what's already boring now. I think the recent few years are the most boring period since the 80s. The football world is suffering severe lack of talents in many positions, most super clubs suck and their quality has sharply declined, no single interesting underdogs who play exciting football and can challenge top teams, no interesting tactics, etc. Liverpool? yeah, they are good but that level of football teams has always existed in the past.

My thoughts exactly. The quality of players and clubs has declined markedly in the last two years especially. Klopp has done a great job at Liverpool but they are the best of a mediocre bunch. City, Real Madrid, Psg, the other epl teams. All mediocre. I can only think of Haaland as a potential world class number nine. I mean back in the day you could actually buy a young player for a decent price and he'd develop into a world class player. Nowadays there are so many young players who turn into duds. Look at Pogba. He has a net worth of 85 million without really achieving anything. The money is killing the game.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
So what happens with the RM tie? They go straight to QF?

They are going through anyway.

tenor.gif

KingLeo10

They are going through anyway.

tenor.gif

People have faith in a side that lost to Monaco (LOL), got canned by Pool before they were dominant, and choked v Spurs (who themselves are quite the choke artists).

Imagine betting on this team against RM. Chances are the City players' spines will spontaneously liquefy once the CL anthem plays at the Bernabeu.

:lol:

Marshall D Teach

This club is finished dawg.

Their only hope is to win this CL. They might be able to survive on the back of that for the next two seasons.

But Man Shitty winning the CL... :lol:

Newcomer

It was coming. PSG should be next.

Too bad UEFA already investigated PSG during 2 years only to get cleared of any wrongdoing. CAS even made the final decision regarding this case. It is therefore binding and there can't be anymore investigation. That was with all the Football Leaks related to PSG being out.

What Qatar did is no secret : they put an extraordinary value to QTA contract and UEFA had to assess the value. Unless there is some new obscure leaks exposing new facts about PSG, don't have too much hope.

That said, Nasser is in a tight spot with the leaks about his role in the Qatar WC and Athletics broadcasting rights. There seems to be corruption but it has nothing to do with PSG.

Newcomer

My thoughts exactly. The quality of players and clubs has declined markedly in the last two years especially. Klopp has done a great job at Liverpool but they are the best of a mediocre bunch. City, Real Madrid, Psg, the other epl teams. All mediocre. I can only think of Haaland as a potential world class number nine. I mean back in the day you could actually buy a young player for a decent price and he'd develop into a world class player. Nowadays there are so many young players who turn into duds. Look at Pogba. He has a net worth of 85 million without really achieving anything. The money is killing the game.

To be honest, WC numero 9 of previous generations weren't playing as many games a year (lot more friendlies and international these days) and there are more goals scored now than before. Ofc, if you are refering to the time when there was Ronaldo O Fenomeno, Etoo and co., it is true that no one comes close now. But they were All Time Greats.

Newcomer

If they win it this year there is no way UEFA will prevent winner of competition participating in next year 2020-2021 Ucl season. Because they will held UEFA Super Cup with winner of Ucl 100 %. So if winner of UCL participate in one UEFA competition they will participate in another too. But of course to realize that City must win UCL this season. Otherwise their only hope is CAS.

Marseille won and got suspended from European competition afterwards. They still kept their title despite everyone knowing about their mafia tactics.

Mitchell1978

They will appeal, don't think this is over yet.

Also stuff like this increases the chance of on indepent European Superleague (outside of UEFA jurisdiction).

JamDav1982

They will appeal, don't think this is over yet.

Also stuff like this increases the chance of on indepent European Superleague (outside of UEFA jurisdiction).

It makes a break away league less likely.

The biggest clubs in europe want City/PSG etc to be banned if breaking the rules.

Mitchell1978

It makes a break away league less likely.

The biggest clubs in europe want City/PSG etc to be banned if breaking the rules.

Juve and Real have been the driving forces for a breakaway european league, if they can get a PL club on board it becomes more likely not less.

Home of Barca Fans