Manchester City

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Feel sorry for Mancini but he clearly did not make the best out of his squad at all. Looking past basic results, the team could not keep consistency this season and showed no sign of real improvement in Europe.

Chainsaw

Killahead
He brings to the club a Premier League trophee and they sack him two weeks before the end of the season. This club have no respect for managers, like Chelsea with AVB/Di Matteo/Ancelotti etc.

Clubs with money will never have a real identity.

+1. They could at least wait until the season ends before sacking him. Pathetic

Maria

They did regress this season to be fair, but his players didn't help him much, mind you there mercenaries who probably couldn't give a fuck about Manchester City as a club.
It's not like Mancini is different though..and after what happend with Tevez last season I would be surprised if he had any authority left in that dressing room.
I am surprised they sacked him though. They struck me as building with stability.
Stability doesn't mean that that you keep supporting a manager who can buy everything he wants but still cries because Ferguson bought RVP or that the board didn't gave him even more money. Not to mention that it was clear that he couldn't take them to the next level, so they took the right decision by sacking him. All they have to do now is hire Mourinho and they will probably dominate PL for the next 3 years.

Yugo Count Dante

It's not like Mancini is different though..and after what happend with Tevez last season I would be surprised if he had any authority left in that dressing room.

Stability doesn't mean that that you keep supporting a manager who can buy everything he wants but still cries because Ferguson bought RVP or that the board didn't gave him even more money. Not to mention that it was clear that he couldn't take them to the next level, so they took the right decision by sacking him. All they have to do now is hire Mourinho and they will probably dominate PL for the next 3 years.
Doubt Garcia, Rodwell and Sinclair were everything he wanted though... De Jong left a big void

Richard.H

To be fair Mancini did really have a squad of mercenaries. I bet not a single player in that squad gives a crap about the club.

Jenks

If they knew they were guaranteed 2nd place in the Premier League, they'd have probably sacked him after they ended last in their Champions League group, where Mancini's record with them has been woeful.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
But Pellegrini!!!!! That is a sideways step at MOST.

I agree getting rid of Mancini is a good move but Pellegrini is not much of an upgrade - if he is one at all.

There is a manager out of work at the end of the season who with the resources at that Man C have would make them into a dominating force in england and europe.

Andrew M

But Pellegrini!!!!! That is a sideways step at MOST.

I agree getting rid of Mancini is a good move but Pellegrini is not much of an upgrade - if he is one at all.

There is a manager out of work at the end of the season who with the resources at that Man C have would make them into a dominating force in england and europe.

Pellegrini is a great coach. What he did with Villarreal and Malaga is excellent.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
No one is saying he isn't a great coach, he is saying that he really isn't an improvement on Mancini.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Manchester City did the right thing, Mancini took them to a higher level and it is now for someone else to carry on the project. He is tired and exhausted and always had problems with someone. Tevez, then Mario, and unhappy Dzecko and a few others who dip in and out of form. He handled too many things at once and his job was to establish a city out of Man City and he laid down the foundation. There is no explanation to his poor CL run so it is time to move apart.

I wouldn't call him a great coach and he has a lot to learn (he is still young) and I believe he will come better but he is a stubborn man, too stubborn for his own good.

Home of Barca Fans