Manchester City

Neeraj

Mourinho has officially reached the point of being labelled a ranting old fool, by even former sympathizers. He is an embarrassment to himself, but he's been doing that all through his career. Larger picture, he is an embarrassment to Manchester United; but serves them right for clamoring for this fool to begin with.

Jenks

Premier League net spend table (summer 2017)

1. Man City £138.1m

2. Man Utd £136.2m

Mourinho has officially reached the point of being labelled a ranting old fool, by even former sympathizers. He is an embarrassment to himself, but he's been doing that all through his career. Larger picture, he is an embarrassment to Manchester United; but serves them right for clamoring for this fool to begin with.

To be fair in terms of managing the transition he has done a decent job. They have gone from 6th in the table and Europa league football to 2nd in the table and Champions League knock-out stages. That said, if they're not already looking for a replacement they really should be. This is not 'the United way'.

serghei

1. Man City £138.1m

2. Man Utd £136.2m

To be fair in terms of managing the transition he has done a decent job. They have gone from 6th in the table and Europa league football to 2nd in the table and Champions League knock-out stages. That said, if they're not already looking for a replacement they really should be. This is not 'the United way'.

Not so sure there is such a thing. Or if there is, I'm not sure how important it is when selecting players and managers. Seems like not too important to dictate those selections.

Neeraj

1. Man City £138.1m

2. Man Utd £136.2m

With the amount of money United have spent, I'm not sure going from 6th to 2nd, in particular, playing the kind of football they are, can be called a good job. I'm not sure about the 'United Way', as Serghei pointed out, I don't think there's any such thing to be honest. However, crying that the big boys are spending more money and hence you are unable to cope (especially considering the net spend has been the exact same) is definitely not in line with the positioning of one of the richest clubs in the world.

BenRobbins

£57 million on Laporte and now £50 + Million on Mahrez in Jan, whilst having a pop at Barca in the mean time.

Already had the best squad in England before he came and can still spend £500 million like its nothing.

How the fuck can anybody compete with these state sponsored clubs, fuck uefa.

jamrock

What is good about there signings, is that they are all young players with there best years ahead of them, they seem to have an overall plan with there transfers and aren't just throw things against the ball to see what sticks like some clubs are doing or getting caught in a reactionary position like we were with neymar.

Givenchy

suprised it took this long for Mahrez to join a bigger club, he'll be a star at City and under Pep he'll step up a level.

City and PSG are both disgusting clubs though, City are/were more lowkey buying players for 50-60m a time while PSG just said fuck it and blew 200m+ on 1 player but it all adds up the same. they may play beautiful football and as a cule i want to see Pep doing well but they are no better than PSG

serghei

suprised it took this long for Mahrez to join a bigger club, he'll be a star at City and under Pep he'll step up a level.

City and PSG are both disgusting clubs though, City are/were more lowkey buying players for 50-60m a time while PSG just said fuck it and blew 200m+ on 1 player but it all adds up the same. they may play beautiful football and as a cule i want to see Pep doing well but they are no better than PSG

They aren't such assholes like PSG, but yea, they're oil state owned as well. Not much of a difference between them. Clubs pumping oil money in an attempt to buy success instead of building it just because they can and because those corrupt idiots at UEFA do nothing (except maybe get paid).

Last edited:

CanadianBlaugrana

They aren't such assholes like PSG, but yea, they're oil state owned as well. Not much of a difference between them. Clubs pumping oil money in an attempt to buy success instead of building it just because they can and because those corrupt idiots at UEFA do nothing (except maybe get paid).

Personally I could care less where the money comes from. Capitalism makes the world go round. Manchester City under Pep are playing thrilling, beautiful football. Works for me!

CanadianBlaugrana

Its not capitalism, its oil money from slavers and religious extremists, fuck them.

Capitalism is defined as an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state. Manchester City are owned by the Abu Dhabi United Group for Development and Investment which is a private equity company that is not state owned. So yes, it is capitalism.

JamDav1982

Capitalism is defined as an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state. Manchester City are owned by the Abu Dhabi United Group for Development and Investment which is a private equity company that is not state owned. So yes, it is capitalism.

That definition doesnt describe what is happening at City or PSG at all.

Falls down in the 'profit' part for a start.

Home of Barca Fans