Manchester City

Devils

They look the complete team. They have some long injured players too.

FFS Pep really created something incredible.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
And you wouldn't even sniff that if Pep wasn't the teacher. Blame him for using the skills elsewhere and building his own legacy as a great manager as opposed to being just a section in Barca's history book.

He did great with us (probably our best period of all time) but I see nothing I haven't seen already and certainly not better than Barca 09-11. He stood on Cruyff's shoulders and that was awesome, now he is standing on oil money. It's just fake. You know, like fake boobs. They can look great on a girl but they are fake nontheless.

Messi

He did great with us (probably our best period of all time) but I see nothing I haven't seen already and certainly not better than Barca 09-11. He stood on Cruyff's shoulders and that was awesome, now he is standing on oil money. It's just fake. You know, like fake boobs. They can look great on a girl but they are fake nontheless.

City had oil money for a while, but haven't made everything click before now. Standing on Cruyff's shoulders is
Maybe true to some extent too, but a lot of managers have had the chance to build on what Cruyff created. Only Pep
did it so well. You could argue that Pep's time in Barca was somewhat inflated by the freak generation of talent
that was at his disposal, but what he is doing in City now confirms to me that he is not just an average guy who
struck gold.

henias

You still need money to get some of the best talents. Who are you to call fake when they are making PL look like school children? It definitely quells the myth that FC Barcelona cant survive in the PL. This revalation proves it's possible to play beautiful football anywhere and shows how it is so successful even in today's era. Manchester City obviously doesnt have the best young talents from their homeground but it still shows how Pep has an eye for talent that can help cement his legacy at the same time, develop and nurture these talents to play some of the best football. Kevin De Bryne is one very good example. He looks like a completely different player under Pep even though he always had the talent. Plenty of clubs splurge money but they never do it right.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I am the guy who watched Barca since Cruyff. Who are you?

Not that many clubs splashed as much as Shitty. Last I checked Chelsea did it "right".

Flemischduck

Not that many clubs splashed as much as Shitty. Last I checked Chelsea did it "right".

Calling it "Shitty" doesn't really seem to reflect an objective mindsett, to be fair.

Barcaman said:
He stood on Cruyff's shoulders and that was awesome, now he is standing on oil money.

Barca has always been wealthier than City even, so if the criticism is about resources, then i think he would have had even better resources at Barca. The origin of the money is of no relevance to the quality of the manager i presume, only the volume of it in relation to other teams.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You can pick parts of my post trying to prove your point but in the end you fail. That Pep's Barca were made on Cruyff's shoulders and with 7-8 home-growns. Pep's City is made on oil money and with mercenaries. And it's a copy.

Enjoy it. It is nice football. It's nothing special though even if it is from Epl perspective and evenmoreso from the point of City fan who never experienced this kind of success before they were took as a toy of some sheikh.

Sorry for not being awe-struck by a billion pound copy.

gatsu

Pep proving once again that he is the best coach of the decade. And City is far from mastering all of pep's precepts. They will be even better the next 2 seasons.

Flemischduck

You can pick parts of my post trying to prove your point but in the end you fail. That Pep's Barca were made on Cruyff's shoulders and with 7-8 home-growns. Pep's City is made on oil money and with mercenaries. And it's a copy.

Enjoy it. It is nice football. It's nothing special though even if it is from Epl perspective and evenmoreso from the point of City fan who never experienced this kind of success before they were took as a toy of some sheikh.

Sorry for not being awe-struck by a billion pound copy.

I don't know, when you call it "shitty" it seems apparent that somewhere in youre psychology you want to purposly devaluate City, otherwise you just call it by it's normal name, so that seems obvious. The rest of youre post also seems to be about devaluating city's succes, but given that you show a certain bias by calling it "shitty" it seems easy then to discard it for that reason all the same.

And yes i'm happy for the succes and happy for the oil money too. Plenty of teams would want to buy out our best players like KDB but the wealth of the sjeiks seem like a good detterent to this, just another bonus that helps us cement our position at the very top in European football and might enable us to become the best team full stop.

When such criticism seems biased or hypocrit, i guess all that is left for us to do is rub it in

loadsamoney_gif_2_by_scruffy0105-d65973o.gif

Last edited:

Jenks

City may have spent a lot of money assembling their team, but it's not like they've been in a position to buy world class talents all over the pitch like PSG. Sterling, Sane, Walker, Stones, Otamendi etc. are good players, but how many other coaches would be able to get this level of performance out of them? If winning like this with money was so easy then past managers would have done it with City before him, or hell, United would be doing it as well because they've spent stupid amounts of money too.

JamDav1982

City may have spent a lot of money assembling their team, but it's not like they've been in a position to buy world class talents all over the pitch like PSG. Sterling, Sane, Walker, Stones, Otamendi etc. are good players, but how many other coaches would be able to get this level of performance out of them? If winning like this with money was so easy then past managers would have done it with City before him, or hell, United would be doing it as well because they've spent stupid amounts of money too.

Arguably Walker was the best RB in the world last year for me while likes of Sterling has won the goldenboy award in the past.

Pep and the huge money spent are two things that have come together.

Coaching can only go so far. Pep and City showed that last season.

vlad

I really dont care how city was brought to high level football among other big clubs, i wish that to many more clubs, so fans can enjoy watching their team playing for bigest trophys.

They didnt have history as other big clubs, so what? Same with psg, they are making history, somewhere you have to start, they started 11, 12? ( on a top level) Years ago, and that is okay, why should we feel like we can laugh at them just because club you are supporting have big history.

Also its better that you have more stronger clubs just so that domestic and champions legaue can be more interesting.

If chelsea wasnt bought by abramovich, where would they be today? United also have owners, liverpool, arsenal... same story.

Home of Barca Fans