Manchester City

vlad

Barca fans are last on the list who should mentioned spending money all around, 150 m for a kid who isnt yet world class, on the other side city doesnt have player who costed over 100m and they play awesome football, dont be hypocrites guys

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No. We are spending money that the club (owned by fans) makes through stature that was built through century.

City are spending money that fell to them overnight through their sugar daddy and his unlimited resources.

It is not remotely same thing.

Turson

City are spending money that fell to them overnight through their sugar daddy and his unlimited resources.

So? Im RM fan, but I think thats a good thing. If it wasnt for that no one would be able to oppose big teams, joining the elite would be pretty much impossible, football would be more predictable and boring. So yeah, Im very, very happy that teams like PSG or City were bought by rich sponsors.

khaled_a_d

So? Im RM fan, but I think thats a good thing. If it wasnt for that no one would be able to oppose big teams, joining the elite would be pretty much impossible, football would be more predictable and boring. So yeah, Im very, very happy that teams like PSG or City were bought by rich sponsors.

Yeah, teams like Napoli, ATM has failed to compete with the elites without countries buying them.
I would say the Milan/Chelsea experience are the one that is actually good, businessman spending with a plan for long term. both spend early then got money back in few years by being smart. I think City might eventually do it but not sure about PSG.

BarçaBarça

Barca fans are last on the list who should mentioned spending money all around, 150 m for a kid who isnt yet world class, on the other side city doesnt have player who costed over 100m and they play awesome football, dont be hypocrites guys

You are right that we pay world-record fees, because we buy the best players. But City spends between 150-200 M € net in the summer the last few years. That is an insane amount, that is unprecedented, and we have NEVER spend that much. That is also how they end up with De Bruyne, Sterling, Sane and Bernardo Silva, and in general a squad nearly on pair with Real.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barca are getting pummelled from people on here with the way we are playing..results are clearly not enough on here

People fail to understand it’s about winning no matter how it happens

It's because the last time we saw such great results going our way we got pummelled hard in Europe. Do I need to remind people about us destroying competition in La Liga in 12/13 only to save ourselves after getting humiliated by a broken Milan and then getting destroyed by Bayern again.

Most here want the team to not only be competitive in Spain, but also in Europe and be among the top 3 favorites for that title. Not saying we absolutely should win, but we should be in the contention as among the clear favorites. We got the best player in history, that's not too much to expect. We were there in 2014/15 and 2015/16, but after that it's been getting progressively worse.

Playing this way is a symptom of something wrong with the team right now. Could change later, but results alone don't satisfy me when I see that we're a deeply flawed team.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

As said above. And for the record, Pep has spent €460 Million in 18 Months at Manchester City.

ini4ever

As said above. And for the record, Pep has spent €460 Million in 18 Months at Manchester City.

In a recent interview by Lineker when he asked Pep what's the important thing to be successful in football Pep replied, 'having good players' so yeah pointing out how much money he's spent on players is meaningless.

JamDav1982

In a recent interview by Lineker when he asked Pep what's the important thing to be successful in football Pep replied, 'having good players' so yeah pointing out how much money he's spent on players is meaningless.

Why would it be meaningless?

Have heard that he was influencing transfers even before he moved there.

Sterling, KDB, Otamendi knew he was coming the following summer and he pushed the club to sign them.

ini4ever

Why would it be meaningless?

Have heard that he was influencing transfers even before he moved there.

Sterling, KDB, Otamendi knew he was coming the following summer and he pushed the club to sign them.

I mean Pep himself says to be successful requires having good players, but some people like to repeat the amount of money he spends on players to show as if he's the only manager in the world spends that much or he's the only one who has such good squad.
I didn't know of what you said now that's amazing, on a side note who doesn't love those managers that know where to spend the money unlike some managers tend to buy players for short-term plans. It's not like Pep just buys players for himself the club will also benefit from those players in long term especially if they are young and talented.

JamDav1982

I mean Pep himself says to be successful requires having good players, but some people like to repeat the amount of money he spends on players to show as if he's the only manager in the world spends that much or he's the only one who has such good squad.
I didn't know of what you said now that's amazing, on a side note who doesn't love those managers that know where to spend the money unlike some managers tend to buy players for short-term plans. It's not like Pep just buys players for himself the club will also benefit from those players in long term especially if they are young and talented.

I think the money teams have spent on players gets brought up for all of them.

Pep chose about the easiest job going for current squad and ability spend in EPL.

M

MessiCam

I can count on my one hand the amount of players Pep bought at Barcelona that stayed long term. Some of the players he himself bought were disposed of rather quickly.

stb_1

Yeah, teams like Napoli, ATM has failed to compete with the elites without countries buying them.
I would say the Milan/Chelsea experience are the one that is actually good, businessman spending with a plan for long term. both spend early then got money back in few years by being smart. I think City might eventually do it but not sure about PSG.

I think City are going that way. They spent millions and millions on their youth set up.

Home of Barca Fans