Manchester City

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Can someone please remind me how are they allowed to spend this much? It's become ridiculous.

JamDav1982

Can someone please remind me how are they allowed to spend this much? It's become ridiculous.

I think they are going big this summer as they need to make most of Pep while they have him.

Cant see 200m every summer but the way FFP is worked out it doesnt go as 200m spent this summer anyway as amortises across the contract.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Well they got Danilo instead of Chelsea. I guess we dodged a bullet there, unless Pep thinks he can do something Madrid couldn't.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Well they got Danilo instead of Chelsea. I guess we dodged a bullet there, unless Pep thinks he can do something Madrid couldn't.

Expensive sub for Walker.

I still think they are short of another CB and lack a world class central midfielder (Yaya isn't in that category anymore). Even so I still make them favourites to win the league.

Devils

They've spent nearly 200 million already!

And they are close to signing Mendy for nearly 60m which would bring them to nearly 250 million spent. Wouldn't surprise me if they ended up spending 300m in one window.

Pep wtf man.

Total-Football

No way are they missing the title this year, especially wich chealsea's problem with the striker position. Mourinho's outdated ass ain't gonna pose a threat.

Arkk

No way are they missing the title this year, especially wich chealsea's problem with the striker position. Mourinho's outdated ass ain't gonna pose a threat.

sadly agree, their squad depth is going to be insane. I'd like to see United/Liverpool make a comeback this season but right now they seem to be falling further and further behind.

i think this is the season they'll be a real threat in the CL aswell

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Quarter of a billion spent this summer. :lol:

If they fail again they'll be the laughing stock of the football planet (if enough people cared for them).

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
If they don't win the league and at least get to a CL semi final with the money they've spent...I will laugh.

Catta

Why so much hate for City. Because they spent 250 mil? Chelsea spent 150 mil on 3 players, and they are still looking for a new wingback. Also don't forget city released all the deadwood, they have freed up their wage bill.
Pep is making a team in his own image, he will make City a force in the long run.

Devils

City have the three most expensive defenders of all time on their team now:

1) Mendy
2) Walker
3) Stones

:crbust:

Home of Barca Fans