Manchester City

Adversus

This move to England could be an end of pep as he is burning out much faster than his days in Germany when he was much more comfortable.
It's ironic as he fantasized about epl for years.

Come on. It just shows the EPL is tough and they are 4th. The same pos they finished last season.

It's obvious he's still experimenting and needs time.

xXKonan

City will probably spend big again in the summer window.

They spent so much money on CB's for the past couple of seasons and yet it's still a problem.

Barcilliant

City are a mercenary club with a soft underbelly. It doesn't matter how many managers or players they sign because everyone is there for the paycheck.

The cb pairing is something he needs to sort out asap. Also he needs to understand that teams burn out if they are made to press week in week out and keep the ball.

He needs to show flexibility with his tactics. Too stubborn and not willing to adapt.

barcanuck

Honeymoon phase is over Pep. Their whole season was beating us 3-1. City thought it was all easy from there.

Bravo leaking 3 a week now.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If Pep fails, it would be added pressure for him for having pushed Hart away through the back door :p

mssarm

Bravo made a big mistake, his partnership with MAtS was beneficial for both of them. He thought he could do better than Valdes.

Devils

City are a mercenary club with a soft underbelly. It doesn't matter how many managers or players they sign because everyone is there for the paycheck.

The cb pairing is something he needs to sort out asap. Also he needs to understand that teams burn out if they are made to press week in week out and keep the ball.

He needs to show flexibility with his tactics. Too stubborn and not willing to adapt.

Exactly.

I looks bad for Pep at the moment, his signings have been terrible...Stones, Bravo, Sane have all been so disappointing. Gundogan and Nolito have been meh as well. His team is disastrous defensively, I actually feel bad for John Stones, the kid is getting tortured week in and week out.

It doesn't look like Pep has much of a plan right now...or whatever plan he does have is in complete shambles.

Meanwhile Conte has David Luiz and Victor Moses playing like beasts. That guy is doing it right.

xXKonan

From what I learned from Pep since he was here that his system requires not only the right players but it also requires a lot of dedication in order for it to successfully come together.

When you look at this current City squad you can easily spot the ones who either don't have the required skill set or Mentality to do what Pep truly wants them to do. It's going to be a long year for Pep that's for sure.

Morten

True, but Chelski is also a mercenary club. But over the years, they had some very solid teams that knew how to win. This year they look good too.
So idk.

Exactly.

I looks bad for Pep at the moment, his signings have been terrible...Stones, Bravo, Sane have all been so disappointing. Gundogan and Nolito have been meh as well. His team is disastrous defensively, I actually feel bad for John Stones, the kid is getting tortured week in and week out.

It doesn't look like Pep has much of a plan right now...or whatever plan he does have is in complete shambles.

Meanwhile Conte has David Luiz and Victor Moses playing like beasts. That guy is doing it right.

It helps Chelsea that they aren't in the CL (believe City have played 6-7 games more then them this season), also Conte style of play doesn't take that long to implant compared to what Pep expects. Even at BM it took time before his team settle in despite BM being WC team, it was his 3rd season were they took off, I'd say in the 2nd season they looked good, but big injuries hurt them from reaching their potential. Even in the recent encounter against Chelsea I felt City were the better team, but failed to finish Chelsea off and Pep played Conte in his own game, at the end the lack of finishing put the nail in the coffin for them.

More so there defense their finishing to me is questionable, at Barca Pep had Messi, Henry, Eto'o, Ibra, Villa, at BM he had Robben, Ribery, Mandzu, Lewa, Muller and in City he has Aguero, Nolito and Nacho, so there is a big gap in his finishing quality, City also missed not 1 but 2 PK against Everton and have failed to close out games such as the Boro, Southampton etc.

Home of Barca Fans