Liverpool

ammarfcb

ze special one
@FabrizioRomano
Mario #Balotelli wage with Liverpool will be €5,8M/year. Decided today with his agent. Tomorrow, Mario will sign everything. #LFC

according to my calculator that's 90k a week. for reference ahley young is on 120k.
it also means liverpool, still, have only 1 player on 6 figures.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah, it's a risk (not financial) but its one with little chance of working out IMO...Maybe for a handful of matches but even in the medium term, I can't see it being a success and the minute Balo starts to have less importance (or minutes) the sooner he will remind us what a nutter he is

Shame but it is what it is

The comparisons are inevitable but wide of the mark, IMO...Two distinctly different nuts - Suarez has largely been a good teammate and consistently shown how effective he can be as a striker, Mario is more famous for what he does outside a football pitch

Chainsaw

Killahead
Signing Balotelli is not a risk, it's stupid. Serves some of their fans right though. Congratulations AnfieldEd!

Balotelli is a diva and his attitude on the pitch is like one. Never ever will be a serious professional.

ammarfcb

ze special one
“Mario has matured since he has been back in Italy,” Pirlo said.

“He will be the first to admit when he was younger he made some mistakes - but he is not that player anymore.

“Anybody who still talks about him in that way is living in the past.”

And Pirlo believes Balotelli has the potential to flourish into one of Europe’s best strikers.

“I have always said that in the right environment he has the potential to be one of the best strikers in Europe.

“He needs to be given space.”

Pirlo added: “The media do not need to write a story every time he goes to the shops.

“The time has come to write only about what he does on the field.”

XaviMessiGirl

“Mario has matured since he has been back in Italy,” Pirlo said.

“He will be the first to admit when he was younger he made some mistakes - but he is not that player anymore.

“Anybody who still talks about him in that way is living in the past.”

And Pirlo believes Balotelli has the potential to flourish into one of Europe’s best strikers.

“I have always said that in the right environment he has the potential to be one of the best strikers in Europe.

“He needs to be given space.”

Pirlo added: “The media do not need to write a story every time he goes to the shops.

“The time has come to write only about what he does on the field.”

Come on Pirlo... people say that every summer, or every time he changes clubs, and it turns out to again not be true. I would have rather had faith in Borini for one more season. Oh well, have to accept it and hope for the best. If he scores lots of goals and has the right attitude on the pitch, I can deal with the off the pitch antics I guess (at least a lot of the time they're funny). Hard for me to forget what he did at Inter though.

L

linetty

Managed properly and you've got one of the best strikers in the world

worth a gamble

XaviMessiGirl

But between racism and the British media, the British media always wins. I wouldn't be surprised if Balotelli took issue with Galliani so publicly supporting Tavecchio's election as FIGC president that it pushed him to want out - and this is Milan, the club he actually supports.

ammarfcb

ze special one

made a few points about being able to take risks without effecting the environment he has created at the club. clear message to balo, club has everything for a player to flourish, u just gotta show u wanna flourish.

Home of Barca Fans