Liverpool

malvolio

it would be a blockbuster tie, with multiple goals, but in the end we will beat them. if messi, dembele and vidal keep their current form. we need energy in midfield and pace in attack.

henias

Yes, that is 1 million percent certain. We will lose 0-10. Let's refuse to play should we be this terribly unlucky to draw the mighty Liverpool FC or any English team for that matter from the "superior" Premier League.:lol: As if Spanish teams have not been humiliating English teams for over 1 decade regularly now and historically as well.

The tide will turn eventually. Slowly but surely. Spanish teams dominating because of Barcelona's and Madrid's golden period, good players good managers, Ronaldo and Messi but even Barcelona struggle to get past RO8 for past few years now. Now Madrid is missing their key player, manager, who's been winning the past few years. Atletico never even won a single CL got demoted to Europa league last year, and doesnt look like they will any soon.

Even as Barcelona fans we need to wake up now. Stop living in wonderland. Other teams are catching up and it's not even just English teams, even teams from so called farmer's leagues. They are intense, competitive and hungry, the young players themselves. The Spanish duopoly will only last this long, until they do something about it.

Leo_Messi

Yes, its just farmers league and looking at history La Liga has more trophies! What an argument! How about watch some EPL matches once a season at least.

Who said that it is a farmers league? I just made fun of your moronic (with all due respect) post. However it is a fact that Spanish teams have been vastly superior in European football and in particular in head-to-head games for well over a decade as well as historically. There is no comparison.

It's retarded to claim that we will get "100% embarrassed by Liverpool". Just like Crvena Zvezda was and Napoli was and QSG was, lol.

The tide will turn eventually. Slowly but surely. Spanish teams dominating because of Barcelona's and Madrid's golden period, good players good managers, Ronaldo and Messi but even Barcelona struggle to get past RO8 for past few years now. Now Madrid is missing their key player, manager, who's been winning the past few years. Atletico never even won a single CL got demoted to Europa league last year, and doesnt look like they will any soon.

Even as Barcelona fans we need to wake up now. Stop living in wonderland. Other teams are catching up and it's not even just English teams, even teams from so called farmer's leagues. They are intense, competitive and hungry, the young players themselves. The Spanish duopoly will only last this long, until they do something about it.

What has that to do with Clemente's initial post and my reply? I never even mentioned the future with a single word.

Time will tell but I have heard about this song for well over a decade now. We are apparently always a few years away from English long-term dominance according to many football fans out there but that "destined" dominance somehow always never comes to fruition.

Liverpool barely qualified yesterday while an almost full-strenght Tottenham was a single Inter goal away from not qualifying. Only absurd ineffectiveness from Inter saved them. No need to mention Man Utd. Man City have proven jackshit in the CL as well. Not impressed the least.

FCB, RM, Atlético, Bayern and Juve will most likely be the usual suspects once again. I will pick all 5 as favorites against every English team. Maybe Liverpool and City would be favorites against Bayern but I am not even sure about that.

Last edited:

West Saxon

City and Liverpool would be very competitive against any of those teams. Even Tottenham were superior to Juventus last season and shouldn't have gone out. United are just shit and will go out to the first decent team they meet, but anyone thinking the Spanish teams will walk over City and Liverpool will get a nasty shock.

Jenks

I actually think City and Liverpool are both worse this season than they were last. The real question would be have Barca and Madrid regressed enough that they're worse. I doubt it personally, at least in Barca's case.

I actually think City and Liverpool are both worse this season than they were last. The real question would be have Barca and Madrid regressed enough that they're worse. I doubt it personally, at least in Barca's case.

City maybe, but there bar was pretty high and they have been this season without their best player de Bryune and Jesus has also been off form for them. Liverpool have made huge improvement from last season, undefeated in the league, survived a group of death and are onto the next round I don't see how you think there worse then last season.

Tiny Kim

City maybe, but there bar was pretty high and they have been this season without their best player de Bryune and Jesus has also been off form for them. Liverpool have made huge improvement from last season, undefeated in the league, survived a group of death and are onto the next round I don't see how you think there worse then last season.

People will claim Liverpool are worse simply because they don't score or press for fun anymore. Jurgen Klopp clearly said that he tweaked his approach this season to be more solid in defence. And look how well it has worked. Liverpool are currently more than 10 points up over their own tally at this point last season. That's quite an improvement.

Centauri B

City and Liverpool would be very competitive against any of those teams. Even Tottenham were superior to Juventus last season and shouldn't have gone out. United are just shit and will go out to the first decent team they meet, but anyone thinking the Spanish teams will walk over City and Liverpool will get a nasty shock.

I don't think anyone seriously believes that.

In matter of fact, I mostly come across the opposite claim (with which I disagree with)

Jenks

People will claim Liverpool are worse simply because they don't score or press for fun anymore. Jurgen Klopp clearly said that he tweaked his approach this season to be more solid in defence. And look how well it has worked. Liverpool are currently more than 10 points up over their own tally at this point last season. That's quite an improvement.

Liverpool were a completely different team before and after the Van Dijk signing last season though.

Neymessi

Let's not pretend that this will be anything other than a 50/50 matchup if we actually tie. They are actually playing good and if anything i would give liverpool the edge not us.

Zidane82

6 points clear of 2nd, and 7 points clear of Man City in 3rd... 7 goals conceded in 19 games and undefeated. Van Dijk and Alisson have been game changers imo

Plus the emergence of Gomez , Trent Alexander and Robertson .

Just need the front three to get back to their best :)

You could be 9 points clear of Man City with a better goal average : difference if you beat them in the upcoming crunch game !!

This will be Liverpools season. They will win the Premier League but I think they wont qualify in CL. Bayern will win against them which would be better for Liverpool as they can focuse on Premier League. Their defense is just incredible.

Home of Barca Fans