Liverpool

JamDav1982

That's laughable. Bergkamp is one of the greatest technical footballers of all time. Mane is just an athelete.

Liverpool were the best team in the world last year.

Arsenal never have been.

Mane is producing at better level than Bergkamp did that season and yes he is a far superior athlete and not as silky on ball.

Ketoth

Liverpool were the best team in the world last year.

Arsenal never have been.

Mane is producing at better level than Bergkamp did that season and yes he is a far superior athlete and not as silky on ball.

I prefer skillful and technical footballers over pace and power athletes in my team. I will always pick Bergkamp.

KingLeo10

This Liverpool team would beat the Arsenal team more often than not.

They're the 3rd strongest team of the PL era. I'd put prime Chelsea (04-06) on par with them, and those two would be behind,

1) United 99 - Treble, beating Barca, Bayern, Inter, Juve, Bayern to CL.
2) United 07-09 - CR7, Rooney, Ferdinand, Vidic, VDS, Tevez, Scholes, Giggs, Evra.

JamDav1982

I prefer skillful and technical footballers over pace and power athletes in my team. I will always pick Bergkamp.

Clearly you will pick Bergkamp.

Mane voted 6th best in world last year and in EPL team of year. Bergkamp nowhere near that in 2004 despite him being a great player.

Ketoth

This Liverpool team would beat the Arsenal team more often than not.

Based on what? I know you can point to 12 draws but the premier league was a lot tougher back then. This Liverpool side wouldn't have a chance against the Arsenal invincibiles it would be like chasing your own shadow.

KingLeo10

Based on what? I know you can point to 12 draws but the premier league was a lot tougher back then. This Liverpool side wouldn't have a chance against the Arsenal invincibiles it would be like chasing your own shadow.

I don't agree that it was a lot tougher. If you want to say marginally tougher back then, I'm fine. United were in a transition period in 03-04 with an okay defense, a 19 year old CR7 and Rooney etc. Chelsea hadn't completed their spending spree yet and didn't have Mourinho in 03-04.

Plus, you guys got knocked out in Europe by that inexperienced Chelsea in the QF while this Pool side has already won a CL and been to another final. Arsenal only got to 1 CL final.

Ketoth

I don't agree that it was a lot tougher. If you want to say marginally tougher back then, I'm fine. United were in a transition period in 03-04 with an okay defense, a 19 year old CR7 and Rooney etc. Chelsea hadn't completed their spending spree yet and didn't have Mourinho in 03-04.

Plus, you guys got knocked out in Europe by that inexperienced Chelsea in the QF while this Pool side has already won a CL and been to another final. Arsenal only got to 1 CL final.

The rest of the league was tougher. every team would sit deep in organised banks of 4 and it was always a case of breaking teams down. Nowadays many teams are trying to play it out from the back and that makes it easier for a team like Liverpool.

JamDav1982

The rest of the league was tougher. every team would sit deep in organised banks of 4 and it was always a case of breaking teams down. Nowadays many teams are trying to play it out from the back and that makes it easier for a team like Liverpool.

The league wasnt tougher.

This league has the last 4 European finalists.

At a time when standard in europe was lower and Porto v Monaco was the CL final.

Liverpool winning CL then league is infinitely more impressive than Arsenal winning league unbeaten.

Last edited:

Ketoth

The league wasnt tougher.

This league has the last 4 European finalists.

At a time when standard in europe was lower and Porto v Monaco was the CL final.

Liverpool winning CL then league is infinitely more impressive than Arsenal winning league unbeaten.

The CL last year? Chelsea won it in 2012 when they finished 6th in the league. The CL is just a cup competition it's not that special. Winning the premier league unbeaten is a feat that cannot be topped. Arsenal's incinvibiles are the best premier league team of all time.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Wow what an indescribable feeling last Thursday night was. I was 9 years old when we last won the league and after the near misses in 2009, 2014 and 2019 I felt at times it was never meant to be, but with this manager giving me this belief in the team I didn't give up on it.

The older cules among here I would liken the feelings to winning the European cup for the first time in 1992. If you aren't old enough to remember or weren't born during that time, then perhaps I'd liken it winning the CL in 2006 as that was a 14 year wait - only half the wait I had!

I'm count myself lucky though as yes I've had a 30 year wait to see my team win the league again but we've won trophies in between that period, in fact I've seen us win every single trophy that there is to win in the game except for the now defunct cup-winners-cup. Not many supporters are able to say that so in that respect it's quite cool and makes me appreciate it more as I know 99% of clubs in england let alone europe have not seen any success.

So take the good times when they come and appreciate them as I certainly am because you never know what is around the corner. As when the bad times roll around as they will for every club it makes you appreciate that success all the more.

khaled_a_d

Wow what an indescribable feeling last Thursday night was. I was 9 years old when we last won the league and after the near misses in 2009, 2014 and 2019 I felt at times it was never meant to be, but with this manager giving me this belief in the team I didn't give up on it.

Congratulations mate, well deserved

Morten

You could say the game against City had something to do with lacking focus or whatever due to just having won the title, maybe, maybe not, but its clear they've been on a downward trend for a little while.

Next season may not be so cozy, they could really use a couple of signings.

Home of Barca Fans