Liverpool

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
What a disastrous season so far since I last posted.

Slowly though the main fulcrum of the summer signings are slowly but surely integrating themselves into the team.

Lallana, Can, Markovic and Moreno have all showed signs of development and improvement at some stage over the past month or so. So them along with Henderson, Allen, Sterling and Sturridge should be underpinning the squad for next season to build from that.

However the biggest two transfers - in terms of reputation and the area of position that needed improvement in Lovren and Balotelli have both been huge flops.

However saying that we have only seen Balotelli as part of a two man strike force once - in his debut. I don't know what it is but I'd want to give him the 2nd half of the season with Sturridge to show something. But one suspects he'll be out of the door in the summer.

But look at the main parts of that team:- Manquillo, Flanagan, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Henderson, Markovic, Sterling and Sturridge are only young. Lallana at 26 is entering his prime. Same goes for one or two others. So this group should be able to develop well together.

When you look at Everton for example most of their team are in their 30's or late 20's so they'll need a big outlay to not only replace key players but squad players too.

That we are only 4 points behind 4th considering that we've only played well twice this season in 90 mins (Spurs & Swansea) is testamount to how inconsistent the rest of the league is.

The top 3 are locked. Southampton and West Ham will fall away. So it will be between Arsenal, Spurs and ourselves for 4th I think. Europa gives us another chance for CL next year as well. Personally I think we'll finish 5th or 6th but you never know.

BenRobbins

Do you guys think liverpool can finish top 4?

And seriously is danniel sturridge even alive?

I believe they can. Picked up some good form recently and still have sterling and sturridge to come back into the starting eleven. Plus the other teams such as united, arsenal etc aren't very good or consistent enough so there is always a chance.

Vilarrubi

For me Gerrard is more stand out player than Lampard or Scholes.. They had great teams around them when at times Gerrard had quite a poor team but still managed to influence games by himself.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
For me Gerrard is more of a big fish small pond kinda player. He thrives in a team where he's the best player and can only work really well with one player of his level. He failed miserably in a star studded England side because he wasn't allowed to do whatever he wanted and hero it.

SwiftGuyver

For me Gerrard is more of a big fish small pond kinda player. He thrives in a team where he's the best player and can only work really well with one player of his level. He failed miserably in a star studded England side because he wasn't allowed to do whatever he wanted and hero it.

pretty much every player in that 'star studded' England side failed miserably though.

Gerrard has actually been one of England's more consistent performers over the last 10 years or so along with Ashley Cole IMO.

Jenks

He really, really hasn't. People remember the goals, but they forget all the Hollywood balls that sailed out of play or the complete lack of discipline.

Jenks

Gerrard for Liverpool this season:

Win%:
With: 40%
Without: 63%

Goals per game:
With: 1.3
Without: 1.4

Goals conceded per game:
With: 1.4
Without: 0.5

Home of Barca Fans