Liverpool

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Sitting in the Kop is an experience and a half.

I went to the museum for the first time. On display were two champagne glasses - one with the crest of LFC saying congratulations for winning the 2005 champions league and the other with the crest of AC Milan saying congratulations for winning the 2005 champions league.

You know when you go to museums there are little cards next to them giving you further information regarding that artifact. Well the LFC museum had a little placard with the two champagne glasses.

Apparently Berlusconi informed whoever was in charge to fill glass full of champagne to toast their victory. At half time. :D

The european cups look frigging huge. Especially the ones we won in 77-84 they look frigging huge. The one we won in 2005 looked smaller than those other four to me but still pretty huge.

I took pics which I'll post on here later.

Kerrybai

Sitting in the Kop is an experience and a half.

I went to the museum for the first time. On display were two champagne glasses - one with the crest of LFC saying congratulations for winning the 2005 champions league and the other with the crest of AC Milan saying congratulations for winning the 2005 champions league.

You know when you go to museums there are little cards next to them giving you further information regarding that artifact. Well the LFC museum had a little placard with the two champagne glasses.

Apparently Berlusconi informed whoever was in charge to fill glass full of champagne to toast their victory. At half time. :D

The european cups look frigging huge. Especially the ones we won in 77-84 they look frigging huge. The one we won in 2005 looked smaller than those other four to me but still pretty huge.

I took pics which I'll post on here later.

Liverpool are one of only 5 clubs that have a permanent non-replica trophy along with Madrid, Ajax, Munich and Milan. If Barca win a 5th they won't be allowed to keep the trophy as Uefa have gotten rid of that rule, instead they will get a special multiple winner badge. I was lucky enough to see the original trophy at Old Trafford after the treble win. Of course Liverpool are keeping that trophy now.

I assume the 77-84 ones are replicas.

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

I wonder why do Bayern and Ajax have one? They haven't won five times. Did they get it for some other reason?

I've been to the museums at both Anfield and San Siro so I've seen the real trophies for Liverpool and Milan. They definitely are a lot more immense in person.

DucdeOrléans

I wonder why do Bayern and Ajax have one? They haven't won five times. Did they get it for some other reason?

I've been to the museums at both Anfield and San Siro so I've seen the real trophies for Liverpool and Milan. They definitely are a lot more immense in person.

For winning it 3 times in a row.

Kerrybai

I assume the replicas look just as good although they are 20% smaller. It sucks that we won't be able to keep one when we win a 5th. In fact since 2009 teams don't even get to keep the trophy for a single year, now Uefa keeps the trophy at all times.

Last edited:

loozy

28: Liverpool's goal difference of +28 is the best ever recorded by a team outside the top six (in the goal-difference era).

32: Liverpool's English players scored 32 goals this season – more than any other side.

291: Luis Suárez had almost twice as many dribbles as any other player. Adel Taarabt was second with 159.

296: Liverpool had the most shots off target, 42 more than Manchester City, the second most. Luis Suárez had 71 shots off target, more than any other player.

363: Luis Suárez touched the ball 363 times in the opposition penalty box this season, 140 more times than any other player in the Premier League (next most – Van Persie with 223).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/20/2012-13-premier-league-in-numbers

Last edited:

ammarfcb

ze special one
wouldn't mind him on a free transfer... good defender and alot of experience, from the game i seen man city-villa he still looks like he got it. handled benteke brilliantly.

other name on the papers is papapapapapapdaplous, looks another great target... i'm sure ED is preparing a post on that as we speak

Kerrybai

wouldn't mind him on a free transfer... good defender and alot of experience, from the game i seen man city-villa he still looks like he got it. handled benteke brilliantly.

other name on the papers is papapapapapapdaplous, looks another great target... i'm sure ED is preparing a post on that as we speak

He was great in the home game vs Liverpool too. As a free transfer he will be a good addition to the squad.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 24s
#LFC & West Ham agree fee in region of £15m for Andy Carroll. Player yet to decide if he wants the move. More on @BBCSport

I'd accept that.

Kolo Toure on a freebie isn't bad business. We need 3 central defenders to replace Carra, Coates and Skrtel.

He could do a job for us for a year as a squad player.

Home of Barca Fans