Liverpool

Jenks

Suarez has been shit. He was shit at the Olympics too. It's not Liverpool's fault that his main contribution is to dribble straight into the closest player every time he gets the ball.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Suarez has been shit. He was shit at the Olympics too. It's not Liverpool's fault that his main contribution is to dribble straight into the closest player every time he gets the ball.

He has been shit since the Evra incident.

But it tends to happen when you play for an awful team that expects you to do everything, this is a classic case of ruining a player mentally. He should have gotten the hell out of England, but I have little sympathy for him when he chose money to ruin his career at Liverpool.

Beast

The Observer
I watched the game , regarding Liverpool the idea is right (Tactic wise ) but it needs a whole lot of time for them to get used to it
At moments you feel there is an idea of all those passing triangles but at the same time they don't really have all the right players for it plus it will take a long time for the players to absorb it

you need a machine in the midfield and neither Allen-Gerrard or Sahin will provide that

upfront is a misery ..i loved Sterling energy , and i think Borini /Suarez should have switched places.. Ironic this formation actually needs a player like Andy Caroll

a Player who can receive the ball /head.. Suarez looked completely lost in the middle of the attacking trio ..he is way better coming from the wings were Borini was playing

Also good showing by Borini who worked his ass off trailing back to help Johnson

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Top half would be an achievement. Thanks to the amateurish management of this club we'll be lucky if we score 40 goals this season.

Worst of all is we never looked up for it, no urgency, no will, no ideas. Fair enough we managed to create 3-4 chances but it was too late. Reina seems to make a howler every game now.

Sterling continue to impress though. Allen totally outstanding. What a brilliant player he is. Again our MoTM by a country mile. No positives to take from this game. We have absolutely no goalscorer in this squad so this season will be a total disaster.

We will struggle to reach the top 10 and I honestly mean this. The clubs that finished ahead of us last season have all improved their squads, have better depth and can rotate their strikers.

Then there are the likes of QPR, Swansea, Sunderland, Fulham and Stoke who have improved their squads and will be aiming to over take us.

We are so screwed big time.

Next set of fixtures are:-

Sunderland away - likely defeat
man u home - likely defeat
Norwich away - probable draw
Stome home - probable draw
Reading home - probable win
Everton away - likely defeat
Newcastle home - likely draw or defeat
Chelsea away - likely defeat

We are fucked. Where can you see wins coming from?

Jenks

Football fans are a fickle bunch. You'll probably beat Sunderland and the title will be back on. Seriously, Liverpool weren't that bad. You're a decent striker away from being a very good PL side. Even if you go backwards this year, you're on the right tracks.

SwiftGuyver

Yeah I thought Liverpool played some nice stuff today, they just need a ruthless finisher who can score for fun, someone like Falcao! The build up play was looking decent though and can only get better with B-Rod in charge. It's just a shame it all falls apart at the business end, which is obviously where things really matter and overall is the area which defines how a team is judged.

Allen, Sahin, Sterling, Borini, Johnson & Shelvey all looked good IMO.

I love Reina but I must say he is extremely accident prone nowadays!

I think for now (whilst Lucas is out) they should run with:

......................................Reina...........................................
Johnson..............Škrtel..................Coates..............José Enrique
......................................Agger..........................................
........................Şahin...................Allen...............................
Sterling............................Borini.................................Suárez

B-Rod needs to continue being brave with his decisions and put Gerrard on the bench IMO. he is obviously a club legend but I don't think he really fits in the system, Nuri & Joe can run a midfield together with solid defensive cover behind them. Be interesting to see Agger as a DM whilst Lucas is out as well IMO & Coates deserves more playing time.

Assaidi & Yesil need chances to prove themselves soon as well. Assaidi is a very quick, skillful & direct attacking player & Yesil seems to be a natural goalscorer.

United4Life

Liverpool is a team that is not a speck of what they once were, to me they need to get rid of the dead wood (Gerrard and co) and rebuild, sterling is a real prospect but thats about it. Hopefully United pass them this year in prem titles

XaviMessiGirl

I agree that Borini should play the center, he said so himself that's where he plays best and if I'm not mistaken the game where he scored he was playing there (or at least closer to there) because Suarez was at the Olympics. And I think Suarez would do a better job on the wings than Borini would/is doing.

United4Life

Oh how I love a good reminding from you Liverpool supporters of the 19 titles we won ;)

sometimes it only feels right that a Liverpool supporter should tell me this ;)

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Liverpool Football Club's principal owner John W Henry has written the following open letter to supporters:

I am as disappointed as anyone connected with Liverpool Football Club that we were unable to add further to our strike force in this summer transfer window, but that was not through any lack of desire or effort on the part of all of those involved. They pushed hard in the final days of the transfer window on a number of forward targets and it is unfortunate that on this occasion we were unable to conclude acceptable deals to bring those targets in.

But a summer window which brought in three young, but significantly talented starters in Joe Allen, Nuri Sahin and Fabio Borini as well as two exciting young potential stars of the future - Samed Yesil and Oussama Assaidi - could hardly be deemed a failure as we build for the future.

Nor should anyone minimise the importance of keeping our best players during this window. We successfully retained Daniel Agger, Martin Skrtel and Luis Suarez. We greatly appreciate their faith and belief in the club. And we successfully negotiated new, long-term contracts with Luis and with Martin.

No one should doubt our commitment to the club. In Brendan Rodgers we have a talented young manager and we have valued highly his judgement about the make-up of the squad. This is a work in progress. It will take time for Brendan to instill his philosophy into the squad and build exactly what he needs for the long term.

The transfer policy was not about cutting costs. It was - and will be in the future - about getting maximum value for what is spent so that we can build quality and depth. We are avowed proponents of UEFA's Financial Fair Play agenda that was this week reiterated by Mr Platini - something we heartily applaud. We must comply with Financial Fair Play guidelines that ensure spending is tied to income. We have been successful in improving the commercial side of the club and the monies generated going forward will give us greater spending power in the coming years.

We are still in the process of reversing the errors of previous regimes. It will not happen overnight. It has been compounded by our own mistakes in a difficult first two years of ownership. It has been a harsh education, but make no mistake, the club is healthier today than when we took over.

Spending is not merely about buying talent. Our ambitions do not lie in cementing a mid-table place with expensive, short-term quick fixes that will only contribute for a couple of years. Our emphasis will be on developing our own players using the skills of an increasingly impressive coaching team. Much thought and investment already have gone into developing a self-sustaining pool of youngsters imbued in the club's traditions.

That ethos is to win. We will invest to succeed. But we will not mortgage the future with risky spending.

After almost two years at Anfield, we are close to having the system we need in place. The transfer window may not have been perfect but we are not just looking at the next 16 weeks until we can buy again: we are looking at the next 16 years and beyond. These are the first steps in restoring one of the world's great clubs to its proper status.

It will not be easy, it will not be perfect, but there is a clear vision at work.

We will build and grow from within, buy prudently and cleverly and never again waste resources on inflated transfer fees and unrealistic wages. We have no fear of spending and competing with the very best but we will not overpay for players.

We will never place this club in the precarious position that we found it in when we took over at Anfield. This club should never again run up debts that threaten its existence.

Most of all, we want to win. That ambition drives every decision. It is the Liverpool way. We can and will generate the revenues to achieve that aim. There will be short-term setbacks from time to time, but we believe we have the right people in place to bring more glory to Anfield.

Finally, I can say with authority that our ownership is not about profit. Contrary to popular opinion, owners rarely get involved in sports in order to generate cash. They generally get involved with a club in order to compete and work for the benefit of their club. It's often difficult. In our case we work every day in order to generate revenues to improve the club. We have only one driving ambition at Liverpool and that is the quest to win the Premier League playing the kind of football our supporters want to see. That will only occur if we do absolutely the right things to build the club in a way that makes sense for supporters, for us and for those who will follow us. We will deliver what every long-term supporter of Liverpool Football Club aches for.

JOHN W HENRY

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/john-henry-s-open-letter-to-fans

Home of Barca Fans