Liverpool

JamDav1982

Nah. Adrian did as much wrong as his defenders did by allowing Atleti to get in the position to shoot. A shot for 2-1 especially could have been even better than what Llorente did and keeper'd have no chance from that position, but because it was average and could have been saved he's seen as the sole reason for Liverpool not having control of the ultimate score.
Shedding responsibility for the score on one individual is the most deplorable thing about Liverpool. Done it before with Karius. It's never a one man problem when your team barely manage a goal over 90 mins.

They do think it's unbeatable, especially on their own ground. They use the cockiness to give themselves false sense of confidence, especially when they know they're actually up for a challenge while normally they don't need to since most teams are no match.

For sure, they can tweak it. We'll see how they go about that.

No he didnt. Adrians fuck up changed the game.

Liverpool will reflect on this season and tweak things but no great focus will be on that Atletico game they dominated in the way they want to.

Some games individual mistakes and chances missed will impact results but the approach was correct.

Liverpool dont think they are unbeatable they think their way is best way for them to get success and it has proven to be that.

Shedding responsibility for the score on one individual is the most deplorable thing about Liverpool. Done it before with Karius. It's never a one man problem when your team barely manage a goal over 90 mins.

Great coming from you who tries to pin just about anything negative on Real to Benzema.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Yep, as much as the defenders inability to keep Atleti away from their goal.

Great coming from you who tries to pin just about anything negative on Real to Benzema.

Nah. He's average at best in the role he plays, but not the reason for us having a mediocre offense. That's on the board insisting to keep bringing in wingers and refusing to try a 2-striker approach which would best suit a player like Benzema at this stage of his career.

Not that we should even bother keeping him when it's easy to find a better centre forward to play with service oriented wingers.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Yep, as much as the defenders inability to keep Atleti away from their goal.

No it isnt that goal is far more on Adrian than anyone else.

But keep beating that drum and contradicting yourself about not blaming indiviuals when you do it week in week out with Benzema... a player that actually produces.

Morten

No it isnt that goal is far more on Adrian than anyone else.

But keep beating that drum and contradicting yourself about not blaming indiviuals when you do it week in week out with Benzema... a player that actually produces.

Less per minute than Suarez, i might add :lol:

El Gato

Villarato!

There's no comparison. Adrian and Karius are unilaterally blamed for the losses when their offense has failed to produce. I have never placed sole responsibility on Benzema.

JamDav1982

There's no comparison. Adrian and Karius are unilaterally blamed for the losses when their offense has failed to produce. I have never placed sole responsibility on Benzema.

Read back.... I said Liverpool missed too many chances and Adrian fuck up at that point changed game.

That is not putting blame on only him and you put blame on Benzema for far less any chance you get.

Any team in the world would focus on Karius for that kind of fuck up in a final. Big moments like that are focused on.

Huge reason for Liverpool winning the CL and league was the upgrade to Karius.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Read back.... I said Liverpool missed too many chances and Adrian fuck up at that point changed game.

That is not putting blame on only him and you put blame on Benzema for far less any chance you get.

No I do not. If I ever write about his legitimate limitations as a striker (happy to reference all examples), it's because I'm frustrated he's a sole striker in this formation in the first place. Should never be one. Main culprit is the board who a) want to comfort him by never giving him serious CF competitors who could do what he does the same or better than him and then some; b) continue to pursue the 4-3-3 recruitment model short-term in order to accommodate Mbappe long term, without considering alternatives.

Lack of offensive product decided the game as much as GK. Would never even need to discuss the mistakes at the back had they not made any upfront where most of the ball was in line with who dominated. More than one person didn't do their job in their CL losses and keepers got unjustly scapegoated. So far not even a chance at retribution either. Classy.

JamDav1982

No I do not. If I ever write about his legitimate limitations as a striker (happy to reference all examples), it's because I'm frustrated he's a sole striker in this formation in the first place. Should never be one. Main culprit is the board who a) want to comfort him by never giving him serious CF competitors who could do what he does the same or better than him and then some; b) continue to pursue the 4-3-3 recruitment model short-term in order to accommodate Mbappe long term, without considering alternatives.

Lack of offensive product decided the game as much as GK. Would never even need to discuss the mistakes at the back had they not made any upfront where most of the ball was in line with who dominated. More than one person didn't do their job in their CL losses and keepers got unjustly scapegoated. So far not even a chance at retribution either. Classy.

Liverpool misssed chances and Adrians howler took game away from them at worst time.

You keep this strawman as if being claimed he was sole reason they went out.

Adrian was not 'unjustly scapegoated' at all. He fucked up and is a poor keeper. Karius as well was quite rightly apportioned a large part of blame for defeat in CL final.

You scapegoat Benzema who produces.

Will just keep that quote for any time Benzema is getting main focus of blame.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Liverpool misssed chances and Adrians howler took game away from them at worst time.

You keep this strawman as if being claimed he was sole reason they went out.

Adrian was not 'unjustly scapegoated' at all. He fucked up and is a poor keeper. Karius as well was quite rightly apportioned a large part of blame for defeat in CL final.

You scapegoat Benzema who produces.

Will just keep that quote for any time Benzema is getting main focus of blame.

Doesn't change the fact that Liverpool would have bagged the game with ease if a multitude of mistakes weren't made. Obvious people just choose to focus on those blatant ones.

No I do not. Keep whatever you wish. Couldn't care less tbh.

Catta

So in the end, their title is nothing special, they are not one of the great PL winning sides. Didn't become invincible like Arsenal, didn't have the best attack or defense like Chelsea, didn't have the most points, only won the PL, nothing else, their title is the same as that of Leicester or Blackburn.

And to top it of, they will have an asterisk by the title because of Covid.

El Gato

Villarato!
Funny AF how fuming Klopp was

Is this it folks? Won the title so screw the records etc? Can walk vs City cuz you've done the job this season and just do a wee knockabout with Arsenal?

FinBarcelonafan

So in the end, their title is nothing special, they are not one of the great PL winning sides. Didn't become invincible like Arsenal, didn't have the best attack or defense like Chelsea, didn't have the most points, only won the PL, nothing else, their title is the same as that of Leicester or Blackburn.

And to top it of, they will have an asterisk by the title because of Covid.

True. I doubt Liverpool fans feel that good. So much promise and this was the outcome? Feels like a big letdown.

Home of Barca Fans