Liverpool

Their fixture of next 5 matches is very tricky actually.

United (home)
Wolves (away)
West Ham (away)
Southampton (home)
Norwich (away)

If they lose to United and Wolves they will start to lose confidence and feeling of chance of bottling league will emerge again.
Then, with that feeling they can lose to West Ham and Norwich away who are battling relegation and need 3 points from these matches. They also play Southampton at home who are very angry to dippers after Van Dijk saga and will do everything to Liverpool to suffer. So for me it is not over yet.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
They haven't lost at home in over a year. They only ever get matched by United at Old Trafford. Wolves is a more likely points loss, but very unlikely they'll actually lose a match.

I don't think they'll lose a game until they lose certain players.

Zidane82

Their fixture of next 5 matches is very tricky actually.

United (home)
Wolves (away)
West Ham (away)
Southampton (home)
Norwich (away)

If they lose to United and Wolves they will start to lose confidence and feeling of chance of bottling league will emerge again.
Then, with that feeling they can lose to West Ham and Norwich away who are battling relegation and need 3 points from these matches. They also play Southampton at home who are very angry to dippers after Van Dijk saga and will do everything to Liverpool to suffer. So for me it is not over yet.

Pretty much over I feel
13 points ahead of City with two games in hand
Fabhino , Matip and Lovren all back from injury

El Gato

Villarato!
Because City are the best team in the league after Liverpool and they would be favorites at home. And because they lost there 0-5, and 1-2 in the last 2 seasons.

And won 2-1 in the CL. It's not like it's some bogey ground for them when they're on a mission. Laporte not gonna be back and they struggled against Palace today.

serghei

And won 2-1 in the CL. It's not like it's some bogey ground for them when they're on a mission. Laporte not gonna be back and they struggled against Palace today.

Yea, after Lahoz did his number and robbed City of the 2-0 goal before HT.

El Gato

Villarato!
Yea, after Lahoz did his number and robbed City of the 2-0 goal before HT.

So what? Does that stop City trying? Clearly stopped Pep who got chucked into the stands. Lol, keep playing the apologist for the guy even when it's not needed.

serghei

So what? Does that stop City trying? Clearly stopped Pep who got chucked into the stands. Lol, keep playing the apologist for the guy even when it's not needed.

A mistake like that change the nature of the game. At 2-0 City can no longer attack like crazy, needing just another goal to tie the aggregate score. At 1-0 they have to risk more and Liverpool can exploit that on the counters. You surely know this.

Anyway, I was talking about league games. If they are to lose one, City away is the hardest game.

El Gato

Villarato!
A mistake like that change the nature of the game. At 2-0 City can no longer attack like crazy, needing just another goal to tie the aggregate score. At 1-0 they have to risk more and Liverpool can exploit that on the counters. You surely know this.

Doesn't matter, you continue, save being mad about it for after the game is over rather than having a series of temper tantrums, coming up with excuses, which do not help you to focus and chase the game in the slightest. Pep is the biggest reason they lost that tie. 2 goals are not tricky if you keep momentum and Pep lost it.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Indeed the next set of fixtures won't be easy. Today for example you never know what you're getting with Man Utd. Either they perform like they did at the Etihad or the Emirates. I obviously hope it's the latter. Wolves away is probably where we will drop points and our visit to the Etihad aside probably our toughest fixture of the season. West Ham are always up for the game against us but with Moyes now in charge instead of Pellegrini, I fancy us to beat them.

But yes January is tough but February and March is very favourable for us and actually very difficult for City.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Wow so we came through January brilliantly!! Even did better than I though we would and yes we were lucky not to drop points to Wolves.

Sancho, Havertz and Werner all want to join us in the summer but we'll only get one. Dortmund's starting price for Sancho is 150m euros but I suspect that will drop if there are negotiations. Even then I think we baulk at paying £100m, but we shall see.

I think we'll get Werner and even though I'd love Havertz we need a back up for Bobby and someone who can compete with him for a place.

mc_lovin

If someone pays 150ME for Sancho Im totally fine with us paying 110ME for Lautaro.

As for Havertz: I just dont get him. He doesnt look special to me - maybe someone can explain his greatness to me. Werner would be tailormade for Liverpool.

Home of Barca Fans