Liverpool

Jenks

They are losing to Aston Villa 0-4 after the first half in the 1/4 of League Cup. Playing some kids, because all senior players are in Qatar now. Why this game has not been posponed? I have never seen such situation in professional football before.

Liverpool did the same in the previous game and happened to scape by. They don't particularly want to be in the League Cup.

KingLeo10

Poor v Flamenco. Fatigue and the slightest hints of complacency are starting to set it in. After 2 CL finals and 1 CL win.

Some of our seniors have 3-4 CL wins, 8-10 Liga wins, and Euros and WCs on their CV. Shows you how hard it is to keep winning.

Barcilliant

They are a good side but can't hold a candle to the great Barca and Madrid teams. Our treble Winning teams would have torn them apart. Even this aging team under a shit manager had to shit the bed otherwise we would probably have won cl.

Last edited:

Andrew M

They are a good side but can't hold a candle to the great Barca and Madrid teams. Our treble Winning teams would have torn them apart. Even this aging team under a shit manager had to shit the bed otherwise we would probably have won cl.

I wouldn't put them at the level of Bayern in 2013 either

Centauri B

I would love it if this current Pool were to play our prime MIX team. Imagine Wijnaldum and Hendo trying to press prime XavIniesta into mistakes. It would be a massacre for them. Even last year, if we had Neymar instead of Cou/Dembouz, it would have been a cakewalk for us, even with slow-ass Rakitic, Busquets and Vidal in midfield.

But, counterfactuals are only academic in value, our current team can still beat them, we just need to sort a few things in 2-3 positions.

I worry more about PSG than Pool to be honest.

barcafan161

Poor v Flamenco. Fatigue and the slightest hints of complacency are starting to set it in. After 2 CL finals and 1 CL win.

Some of our seniors have 3-4 CL wins, 8-10 Liga wins, and Euros and WCs on their CV. Shows you how hard it is to keep winning.

Every CL winner who plays on this never looks their best..it doesn’t matter

Andrew M

Yep, true. Bayern that year were a balanced, powerful team.

They could still get to that level, though. Say they won the CL again under Klopp or even a treble. But as of writing this sentence, I wouldn't put them above the Real, Barca, Bayern teams of last decade

barcafan161

They could still get to that level, though. Say they won the CL again under Klopp or even a treble. But as of writing this sentence, I wouldn't put them above the Real, Barca, Bayern teams of last decade

it's rather impossible to compare now and the past. Rather pointless to be honest...it's the now that matters. The pace of the game has changed so much.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
"Playing football is very simple, but playing simple football is the hardest thing there is." - Johan Cruyff

It's almost 2020 and there are still people who criticise players who make the game look easy, like Alisson, van Dijk, Gini - players whose fundamentals are perfect.

It's easy analysis. The guy who jumps highest, furthest, runs quickest, looks biggest, outmuscles players, never stops running. That is something any idiot can understand. So highlighting it is easy - you can't be wrong on the internet.Highlighting elite positioning, movement,
game intelligence, decision making and using your brain and the principles of play to solve problems rather than using your physical ability - much much harder to point out and for others to see and appreciate.​

Last edited:

Barcilliant

"Playing football is very simple, but playing simple football is the hardest thing there is." - Johan Cruyff

It's almost 2020 and there are still people who criticise players who make the game look easy, like Alisson, van Dijk, Gini - players whose fundamentals are perfect.

It's easy analysis. The guy who jumps highest, furthest, runs quickest, looks biggest, outmuscles players, never stops running. That is something any idiot can understand. So highlighting it is easy - you can't be wrong on the internet.Highlighting elite positioning, movement,
game intelligence, decision making and using your brain and the principles of play to solve problems rather than using your physical ability - much much harder to point out and for others to see and appreciate.​

😂

Liverpool fans!

Liverpool are the best team in the world at the moment but like I said they don't compete with the great Barca treble winning teams. If Liverpool won the treble I couldn't imagine the cum fest from their fans 😂.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
😂

Liverpool fans!

Liverpool are the best team in the world at the moment but like I said they don't compete with the great Barca treble winning teams. If Liverpool won the treble I couldn't imagine the cum fest from their fans 😂.
They ain't as bad as the fans of these Johnny come lately rich oil clubs.

At least Liverpool have a history to brag about.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
What a difference one man can make. And make no mistake, Jürgen Klopp is the man responsible.

And then you have some Barca fans in denial about our own team dynamics.

Home of Barca Fans