Liverpool

Leo_Messi

Next page.

I don't want to come off as an arrogant prick (although I tend to be right most of the time, my track record here included whether it be Coutinho, Dembélé, Morata, KPB, De Jong etc.) but looks like I was right about Kloppo and his Liverpool.

The "fraudster" at it again. This time defeating the second coming of Jesus Christ, otherwise known as Jürgen Klopp who is busy crying about the referee and yet to win a single trophy for Liverpool 3+ years into his managerial career at Liverpool.:lol:

Hopefully my prediction above will come into fruition.

I would understand their criticism if Pep was actually another Klopp (in terms of success at Liverpool in the past 3 years). Playing offensive and rather positive football but not winning anything and always coming up short. Watch Liverpool crash out in the FA Cup within days against Wolverhampton away and crash out against Bayern in the CL but yet somehow throw the league away to Man City in typical Liverpool fashion despite having nothing else to play for. I can already see it happening.

Looks like they are going to throw the league away as well. Only managed a 0-0 draw at home against a struggling Bayern as well who should be favorites to progress now IMO. Could be another horrible (trophy-less) season for Liverpool and Kloppo. The fourth in a row for Kloppo and the seventh in a row for Liverpool. 1 League Cup win in 13 seasons (!) potentially as well. Talk about a pathetic period.:lol:

Can't say that I am sad about that. Ever since they sold us that flop and fraud Coutinho for up to €160 million (the same fraud that I warned against in the spring of 2017 on this very forum), I have a hard time cheering for them or wishing them well. Call it childish but being a football supporter was never about rationality in the first place.:lol:

------------

Anyway can someone 1 decade or 2 decades older than me explain how come a historical giant like Liverpool has not managed to win a single league title in 29 years? How is it possible for the most successful team in England (by far back then) to go from having won 18 league titles in 1990 and 4 European Cups to almost 30 years (!) later only have added 1 single CL title to their name? Talk about an absolutely pathetic decline from a club this successful in the past. I don't think that there is anything similar out there in the top leagues. It's not like they suffered numerous relegations, bankruptcies, transfer bans etc. Baffling stuff.

Can anyone here imagine us or RM not winning a single league title in almost 30 years and only 1 CL title in that same time period?

What kind of "main rival" is that for Man Utd fans? A bit of a joke, really.

tacticvarium

I don't think that there is anything similar out there in the top leagues.

I think AC Milan and Serie A's decline is much more severe.
Liverpool is at least back to a title contender both for the domestic and European competitions but you don't see that happening with Italian football especially Milan. Even after 20 years I doubt they will be able to recover their previous fame.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

I think AC Milan and Serie A's decline is much more severe.

Are you serious? AC Milan last won the league title in 2012. Just 7 years ago. The CL 11 years ago. Liverpool are playing in a much stronger league financially where even the bottom teams are comparable (financially) to the richest teams in all other elite leagues in Europe. Certainly the top 8-3 in each top league (top 5 leagues in Europe).

Unlike AC Milan, Liverpool own their own stadium and their stadium is full each single game.

AC Milan would need 20+ years of more mediocrity where they would only win 1 CL title and zero league titles like Liverpool to even be compared in the same sentence. You can't be serious.

Not to mention that AC Milan's ownership situation has been solved and that CL football next season is very likely. Talk of buying San Siro with Inter jointly as well from the municipality. A quite talentful and very young squad as well.

Last edited:

tacticvarium

Because it hasn't been that long since their decline has begun.
Milan was considered as one of the most successful clubs in European football history along with Real but look how nobody cares about them now.
Liverpool weren't winning titles all this time yet they still managed to maintain their status as one of the strongest teams in the league.
I don't think things are getting better in Italian football at all and they will need decades to get back to the top.
This is what happens when you don't invest in youth football infrastructure (along with many political problems certainly).

Last edited:

Newcomer

Happy for Liverpool to slip up.
Had nothing against them but the few interactions with their fans or the media is very reminiscent to our very own rival in France. They have a loud mouth and like to talk highly and pretentiously and whine a lot when they lose.
Both United and Liverpool lost to PSG this year and United fans were a lot better.

About their status though, Liverpool almost declared bankrupcy before the takeover ( https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...iverpool-fc-were-brink-administration-3344139 ). In the meantime, you had two new super clubs that had been developped thanks to foreign investment as Chelsea FC and Manchester City FC.
Milan comparison is not that bad since they were in economical turmoil when their previous sugar daddy stopped to invest into the club and sold them to a fraud. Now, with a solid owner they can push forward.

Both Milan and Liverpool are not really able to match the financial might of their rivals so far, even if things are going better.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Happy for Liverpool to slip up.
Had nothing against them but the few interactions with their fans or the media is very reminiscent to our very own rival in France. They have a loud mouth and like to talk highly and pretentiously and whine a lot when they lose.

Their fans are the only thing that preventing me from rooting for them in EPL. They have overtaken Manu as worst fan in the sport tbh which is quit an accomplishment

BarçaBarça

Anyone agree that it is a problem for them, that their coach thinks it's fine to win ugly and makes late subs? :valverde:
[tw]1112412837970878470[/tw]

El Gato

Villarato!
Moral relativism and the DILLIGAF attitude from him and his fans :lol: I don't think there's a club more disingenuous in world football than Liverpool.

Morten

Sucks to finish with 90+ in points and still not win the league.
Could still happen, but City probably wont drop any points now.

Not everything can be measured in silverware though, certainly has been a good season for them.

Altomonte

Liverpool defeated Chelsea 2:0 today and Klopp was very happy. However, a Draw would probably have been more just: Hazard could (should) have scored 2 goals, one hit the upright and the other was saved by a very good GK.
Barça and Juventus (assuming they reach the CL Semis) may have an advantage over the PL clubs because they are in a tough race for the title while the Spanish and Italian leagues are almost decided.
Let's see how tired Liverpool will be in Porto on Wednesday. I think Klopp is asking a lot from his players.

Morten

Liverpool defeated Chelsea 2:0 today and Klopp was very happy. However, a Draw would probably have been more just: Hazard could (should) have scored 2 goals, one hit the upright and the other was saved by a very good GK.
Barça and Juventus (assuming they reach the CL Semis) may have an advantage over the PL clubs because they are in a tough race for the title while the Spanish and Italian leagues are almost decided.
Let's see how tired Liverpool will be in Porto on Wednesday. I think Klopp is asking a lot from his players.

Just so you know, there is zero evidence that supports this theory.
In fact, teams that have it easy at home are often knocked out sooner than clubs who have challengers domestically.

Home of Barca Fans