Liverpool

City last season was better than this Liverpool. I am watching football since over 20 years and the performance from Guardiolas CIty was maybe the strongest i have ever seen.

KingLeo10

Nope. United 98/99 or City last season.

I'm talking solely about the premier league. no europe, which disqualifies the treble winning united or 06-09 united.

Chelsea's defensive record in Mourinho's first 2 seasons there was better than anything Simeone has ever produced in Liga. And they had a considerably better offense.

Alik

I'm talking solely about the premier league. no europe, which disqualifies the treble winning united or 06-09 united.

Chelsea's defensive record in Mourinho's first 2 seasons there was better than anything Simeone has ever produced in Liga. And they had a considerably better offense.

Not that much of a difference in the defensive record.

Chelsea 2004/05 - 15 goals allowed
Atletico 2015/16 - 18 goals allowed

Chelsea 2005/06 - 22 goals allowed
Atletico - 2017/18 - 22 goals allowed

Bear in mind, Atletico had a considerably smaller budget too.

KingLeo10

Not that much of a difference in the defensive record.

Chelsea 2004/05 - 15 goals allowed
Atletico 2015/16 - 18 goals allowed

Chelsea 2005/06 - 22 goals allowed
Atletico - 2017/18 - 22 goals allowed

Bear in mind, Atletico had a considerably smaller budget too.

Well true, we're splitting hairs. Atletico's defense has been all time great, but I just felt that Chelsea's was more robust (they also didn't play with 4 midfielders routinely) and appears to be marginally better statistically.

I was just getting into football seriously then and it was just impressionable seeing that Chelsea come out of nowhere and just bully SAF's united and Invincibles era Arsenal without much difficulty. They also crossed 90 points twice in those seasons and won the league both times (granted with a comparatively larger budget compared to Atletico).

Morten

Ah the days of Neymar , Messi and Suarez ( when he was good lol)

This really show what an unrealistic view of football some Barca-fans have, when they cant stop complaining about Suarez.

He is world class, always has been, but i mean, if you expected him to copy that 58(?) goal season...
Its an insane standard, and you will never be satisfied with your future strikers either, just realize that you could do a lot worse than Suarez.

Zidane82

This really show what an unrealistic view of football some Barca-fans have, when they cant stop complaining about Suarez.

He is world class, always has been, but i mean, if you expected him to copy that 58(?) goal season...
Its an insane standard, and you will never be satisfied with your future strikers either, just realize that you could do a lot worse than Suarez.
Have you seen much of him of late ?
He's just not the same player now as we was even two years ago and has no resemblance to the Suarez who dominated for Liverpool ..

serghei

Have you seen much of him of late ?
He's just not the same player now as we was even two years ago and has no resemblance to the Suarez who dominated for Liverpool ..

Suarez and Dembele saved us a lot of times this season with their goals.

Home of Barca Fans