Liverpool

Jenks

The inflation in PL market is so obvious we don't really need to talk about that. But what's stopping the PL teams to do better scounting? You replaced Torres and Suarez with Caroll and Benteke. Two proven PL players who are a product of the way brittish press and media and fanbase in general overrate football players based on a period of good moments in that league (sometimes short). Some great games - boom! - "the next Messi", the "next Xavi", the "best CB in the world" and the 40-50-60m. price tag. You replaced worldwide certified talents with players who are probably rated nowhere else on the planet, except in the Premier League.

Benteke in 6 years has 6 goals for Belgium NT. How is that possible for a 34m. pounds player? Maybe, just maybe, he's simply not that good.

He isn't, just like Balotelli wasn't. Liverpool (who I am not a supporter of) just make bad signings. They had their best strikers taken off them for massive sums without obvious adequate replacements, so they opted for what they considered to be safe PL-proven players. It has nothing to do with favouring big strong target men. They bought Sturridge and Origi during that time too. I completely agree about the scouting system though. Too much focus on foreign youngsters from Spain, Netherlands, Germany etc. who might not go anywhere and not enough in South America or even the English lower leagues.

SwiftGuyver

Very strong rumors about Higuain signing soon. Klopp attended Argentina's Copa America game against Chile last night with Higuain's agent/brother.

I don't think the Götze link is over yet either to be honest.

Potentially next season...

Karius
Clyne
Lovren
Matip
LB?
Can
Dahoud
Coutinho
Firmino
Götze
Higuain

in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

playing under Klopp.

without any European commitments, free to focus on the league and domestic cups.

could be good.

Nucky

They signed Karius...yet stick with Mignolet???

Liverpool are really weak in GK position after Reina left.. He was world class GK compared to what Liverpool has now.. Their rivals have the likes of De Gea,Bravo (soon),Cech,Curtiois and then there is Liverpool with Karius and Mignolet.. :lol: Their rivals have better second GK than Liverpool first choice GK..:lol:

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Liverpool are really weak in GK position after Reina left.. He was world class GK compared to what Liverpool has now.. Their rivals have the likes of De Gea,Bravo (soon),Cech,Curtiois and then there is Liverpool with Karius and Mignolet.. :lol: Their rivals have better second GK than Liverpool first choice GK..:lol:
Mignolet is absolute shite...but I wouldn't write off Karius just yet.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Doing better than I thought they would. Klopp has been a good manager for them so far. Still need a striker though.

Home of Barca Fans