Liverpool

the dude abides

thanks Bojan! Nice to be here.

The dude and I are quite the adversaries on the LFC forum we frequent! Although we are now both on the same page with Klopp as manager! Dude is a good debater and a welcome addition to the forum.

thanks for the invite and the kind words, Ed.

yes, it is fair to say that we held very different views on Brendan Rodgers! But as you say Ed, we are on the same page re Jurgen Klopp.

If we had to sack Rafa (which I think set the club back many years); then his replacement needed to be someone of Klopp's pedigree. But in all my years watching, I have never seen the club with a weaker set of players. Rodgers and his crew, did a lot of damage. IMHO

There is no guarantee that Klopp will find solutions - at least not in the short term. He will bring in players in January, and in the summer. But given that he does not properly know the english game, will he even know the type of player that he needs. He will need two or three years, to have any chance of getting the club back on it's feet.

I just wish we had got Klopp earlier (even in the summer). Interesting days ahead.

Imagine if Rodgers had come out and slated the fans.

Rodgers insulted my intelligence every time he opened his mouth.

;)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You did well to hire Klopp and I am sure the results will come eventually. Shame it didn't happen at the start of the season as the Reds would have been in a good chance to challenge for the title as Chelski is shambles and Manu's City is circling in the sink too.

the dude abides

You did well to hire Klopp and I am sure the results will come eventually. Shame it didn't happen at the start of the season as the Reds would have been in a good chance to challenge for the title as Chelski is shambles and Manu's City is circling in the sink too.

agreed, Bojan.

It was a big mistake not to dispense with Rodgers in May, and bring in our new man then. It gave Rodgers, and those around him, another transfer window to mess things up further.

It is a very weak premiership. Man City have all the resources, and will probably win it. But with a half decent side, there was an opportunity to do well.

But Liverpool's squad (and first team) is the weakest I have ever known.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Congratz guys! Missed the game but was genuinly happy when I saw the result:)

Oh, and whata night for [MENTION=4544]XaviMessiGirl[/MENTION]
Barca, Liverpool with big, important wins and Milan loses like cherry on top :lol:

EdmondDantes

Am awaiting to hear from [MENTION=19659]EdmondDantes[/MENTION] to hear how shit Lallana was.

Jesus, boy do you hold a grudge...He worked hard like any player can, on the ball he was invisible as always. He's not LFC level, way below it. 1 goal in his last 25 Premier League games, 0 goals and 1 assist in 9 so far.

Anyhow:
Q0BConc.gif

XaviMessiGirl

Congratz guys! Missed the game but was genuinly happy when I saw the result:)

Oh, and whata night for [MENTION=4544]XaviMessiGirl[/MENTION]
Barca, Liverpool with big, important wins and Milan loses like cherry on top :lol:

And Inter decided to join in too :D Great results. For Liverpool this can definitely be a big turning point which was needed.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Jesus, boy do you hold a grudge...He worked hard like any player can, on the ball he was invisible as always. He's not LFC level, way below it. 1 goal in his last 25 Premier League games, 0 goals and 1 assist in 9 so far.

Anyhow:
Q0BConc.gif

He plays an indirect part in scoring and assisting goals. If you have seen yesterdays game, the runs he makes defenders think twice about whether to follow him or leave him for the other player running deep. And when Firmino squared the ball for the mangala own goal, Lallana was behind coutinho if mangala and coutinho were to miss the ball. goals and assists will come over time. But you've got to look at the bigger picture outside of that. Lallana is one of the best pressers we have and he has superb vision of what's around him. it's why his dummies work so well.
Lallana has always had great pressing stats and so has Firmino. When two of your front three or four naturally play that game it really helps the manager.

When we see Lallana putting in the kind of workrate you associate with a midfielder but still having the flair and creativity of a forward, you can see what Klopp meant when he said there was another 30% to come from him.

Of course he needs more goals and direct assists but he has it in him to do that. His quality for me has never been in doubt.

Applecart

Lallana wont be starting for long, atm klopp has no other choices apart from ibe, expect him to be benched or sold, along with lucas & skrtel - cant come soon enough, those 2 have needed replacing for years, and lucas is only playing atm because he is the ONLY dm in the squad.

Was never a 25mil player, half that at best, works his socks off but hes nowhere near the level of coutinho or firmino

Home of Barca Fans