Liverpool

messid10s

A backup proven goal scorer for £4 million is a good deal. Not exactly a massive statement of intent though lots of money put aside for the new stadium perhaps.

ammarfcb

ze special one
can't really have a go at us for buying someone 'midtable' when arsenal house sanogo and you have welbeck as back up strikers.

Unbiased United

can't really have a go at us for buying someone 'midtable' when arsenal house sanogo and you have welbeck as back up strikers.

Yeah, because Welbeck is on par with Lambert! :lol:

On his day, Welbeck is unplayable. Granted he doesn't have those as often as he should, but to compare him to Lambert is just silly.

ammarfcb

ze special one
just sayin, not everyone has a bench full of world class forwards(unless ur city)...as far as 3rd/4th choice goes lambert ain't bad. low transfer fee. low wages. and we still have borini. good way to close the attack with BALANCE if u ask me.

Unbiased United

Welbeck unplayable :lol:

One of my favorite players, absolutely immense at times, just lacks consistency. A big game player too as shown against Madrid and Bayern (pretty much the only dangerous player we had). But you wouldn't know that since you probably only catch two or three United games a year at best.

Not to mention he's a product of United's youth system, not a player we want to pay millions for. If you want to talk about United's shortcoming's then lets talk midfield or defence, don't try and play down the obvious talent we have in our strikers.

As always here I'm just banging my head against a brick wall trying to say anything positive about a United player and this is the Liverpool thread, so I won't say anymore.

messid10s

One of my favorite players, absolutely immense at times, just lacks consistency. A big game player too as shown against Madrid and Bayern (pretty much the only dangerous player we had). But you wouldn't know that since you probably only catch two or three United games a year at best.

Not to mention he's a product of United's youth system, not a player we want to pay millions for. If you want to talk about United's shortcoming's then lets talk midfield or defence, don't try and play down the obvious talent we have in our strikers.

As always here I'm just banging my head against a brick wall trying to say anything positive about a United player and this is the Liverpool thread, so I won't say anymore.

You mean the same Bayern game in which he missed a great 1 on 1 chance being clean through yeah unplayable...
I certainly watched more than three games last season because of the Moyes factor great viewing for the neutral.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson

One worldclass striker and one young supbar striker and one Dane with a ramped up ego is pretty subpar :pep:

DonAK, Sanogo plays nothing like Giroud, honestly he hasn't done much of anything this season, hope he can get loaned out to improve next year

ammarfcb

ze special one
One worldclass striker and one young supbar striker and one Dane with a ramped up ego is pretty subpar :pep:

LjnUR5.gif

BenRobbins

He is an everton fan. When he used to play for Bristol rovers he used to live 5 mins away from me and my mates have seen him in the boozer wearing a everton shirt.

ammarfcb

ze special one
Rodgers claimed earlier this year that Lambert is a far better footballer than he is given credit for.

The Liverpool manager said: “He’s probably never got the recognition for what a really good footballer he is. He is probably seen as a traditional big number nine, a typical British striker, but he’s one of the most accomplished footballers I’ve seen. Look at his touch and the different types of goals he scores; he is a terrific player.”

onzeXI

It would be foolish not to trust Rodgers evaluation about how he fits into his system. He's done very little to cause people to doubt him.

Home of Barca Fans