Liverpool

Unbiased United

Ricky Lambert to Liverpool doing the rounds, and for around ten million too.

No doubt the scouse on here will try to make out it's a good buy or something along those lines, but I just can't see what Rodgers is thinking with that one...nowhere near top four class.

Hopefully he's a replacement for Suarez, that would be icing on the cake.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Ricky Lambert to Liverpool doing the rounds, and for around ten million too.

No doubt the scouse on here will try to make out it's a good buy or something along those lines, but I just can't see what Rodgers is thinking with that one...nowhere near top four class.

Hopefully he's a replacement for Suarez, that would be icing on the cake.

It's proven to be a false rumour.

P.s. well that was the case at around 1pm today haha!!

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Although Lambert at a decent price as our No. 3 or 4 striker would be a dependable and solid purchase. He's a LFC supporter so would give his all and wouldn't complain plus he is reliable in front of goal.

But let me reiterate that the rumours are false. There was a tweet doing the rounds by a reliable LFC journalist doing the rounds however it wasn't actually him it was someone pretending to be him.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Actually scrap what I just said :D

@JamesPearceEcho: Rickie Lambert to #LFC is on. Told the initial fee will be around £4m plus add-ons. Story on Echo site shortly.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
How can anybody not smile at the thought of this? A lifelong Liverpool fan going from packing beetroot in a factory and now he looks like he's going to be playing for the club he loves. It's fucking wonderful. :D

17 goals and 12 assists in 37 matches last season.

For 4m you can't really argue against those stats, Southampton play a similar type of game-plan to us and Rickie won't have any problems getting used to our style.

We'll recoup some if not all of that £4m by selling Aspas anyway so in that respect it is a very solid upgrading of Aspas to Lambert.

Borini and Lambert as back up strikers is really damned good!!

ammarfcb

ze special one
for 4m i'd take him with open arms.

if it ever goes to penalties we're set...gerrard, lambert, suarez, borini and agger.

Unbiased United

I knew you guys would be doing everything to convince yourselves it's a good deal.... Come on guys, don't be so predictable!

I'd be severely underwhelmed if Lambert was being linked to United, even if he was a die-hard fan. Liverpool, after finishing second last season, should be aiming much higher than Ricky bloody Lambert.

I'm a proud Englishman, and all for giving credit to our players when it's due, but he really is mid-table (at best) quality. The type of player you'd expect West Ham to be in for at his age.

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Is he better than Apas? Yes.

Can he score goals in the premier league? Yes

Will he be cheap? Yes

As a 3rd/4th choice striker there can't be many complaints.

I seem to remember Man Utd buying a 32 year old in 1997 it didn't do them any harm either.....

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
It's not like we are rich with funds either so we can't spend £15m plus on a striker that will be no more than a No.3 striker behind Suarez and Sturridge and give that player £70k p/w plus.

The majority of our funds will go on players that will improve the first team.

Lambert isn't going to improve the first team but he'll improve the squad and when you think that when we sell Aspas and Assaidi we'll be getting Lambert basically for free then it is a no brainer really.

A proven goal scorer at this level and can play in the system we are playing so I am all over it.

Plus if this does come to fruition then I'll be really chuffed for him too.

Unbiased United

Granted he isn't terrible. Maybe, If you get him for the four million you were on about, and if he is just a backup striker, then it might not be as bad at it seems at first glance.

Still seems like a bit of a strange one to me though.

Home of Barca Fans