Chelsea

Jenks

It's kinda true though, isn't it? Even teams like Villa were putting out reserve sides in the Europa league.

Ustari

Mou, res!
It's kinda true though, isn't it? Even teams like Villa were putting out reserve sides in the Europa league.

Says much about their winning mentality and the lack of ambition. I don't think when they reach the knockout stages they fielded all of their reserves in the starting line up, eh? When Atletico Madrid won the Europa League on 2010 they beat Liverpool in the semis and Fulham in the final. So are you suggesting Liverpool and Fulham also played with their reserves and just conceded defeat?

Jenks

Says much about their winning mentality and the lack of ambition.

I think it says more about how the competition is viewed, rightly or wrongly, in the Premier League. At best it's an extra source of revenue, but I don't think many sides view it as having much prestige at all. It's really just a second rate Champions League.

B

BrianSwan

Says much about their winning mentality and the lack of ambition. I don't think when they reach the knockout stages they fielded all of their reserves in the starting line up, eh? When Atletico Madrid won the Europa League on 2010 they beat Liverpool in the semis and Fulham in the final. So are you suggesting Liverpool and Fulham also played with their reserves and just conceded defeat?

get real man, you think Man City couldn't win the Europa league if they really wanted to?

It's seen as a battle of the biggest loser in the UK sadly, most of the teams who qualify from here put more into the FA Cup. In Spain its the only trophy the likes of Atletico can win.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101

Which makes sense considering that Chelsea played with all their best players.
This was also why United and City were horrible in the CL and got kicked out of the Europa Leauge last year, because as we all know that PL>FA Cup>Carling Cup>CL>Community Shield>European Super Cup>Europa League>La Liga.

Blaugrana dude

Yes and no. English teams seem to use reserve sides only in the group stages. Once they reach the KO rounds, they take it seriously as seen with Liverpool, Man Utd and City

M

mitkoa7x

Competing in the EL and in La Liga makes spanish teams far more competitive than the overhyped EPL clubs.

Home of Barca Fans