Chelsea

Messi983

What's it got to do with managers? Isn't this only a registration ban for players.

I've read a week or so ago that Chelsea wants Zidane and he has demanded Hazard to stay and 200M for new signings. Don't know original source of these rumours so could be just BS. If he won't have a chance to buy players he wants it's probably less likely he'll sign with them but if he really wants to coach next season there won't be many possible destinations among top clubs for him (RM might be looking for a new coach but I don't believe Zidane would return to Madrid). If Allegri leaves Juve I could easily see Zidane replacing him but if not he could stil end up with Chelsea regardless if their appeal will be successful or not (in other words, if they will be allowed to buy or not).

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
They can just recall some of their loaned out players such as Morata, Pulisic, Bakayoko, Batshuayi, Kenedy, Zouma etc. and still have a formidable squad.

;)

El Gato

Villarato!
I've read a week or so ago that Chelsea wants Zidane and he has demanded Hazard to stay and 200M for new signings. Don't know original source of these rumours so could be just BS. If he won't have a chance to buy players he wants it's probably less likely he'll sign with them but if he really wants to coach next season there won't be many possible destinations among top clubs for him (RM might be looking for a new coach but I don't believe Zidane would return to Madrid). If Allegri leaves Juve I could easily see Zidane replacing him but if not he could stil end up with Chelsea regardless if their appeal will be successful or not (in other words, if they will be allowed to buy or not).

Was BS anyway probably, but even if we entertain the truth of it, he doesn't seem the type to request specific transfers and kick specific people out. He cooperates with businessmen rather than making tactical demands. Their squad positionally with loanees coming back is going to be okay. He would likely choose to work with that and improve them mainly on the basis of his name, whether to a successful end or not.

Jenks

Why would he be the core of it?

Because he's never been one of those ultra-professional players that strives for greatness the way footballers of his talent usually are, and it's since he's been the main man at Chelsea that they've lurched from great to dire. I don't think he's the sort of guy you want setting the tone for the rest of the squad.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Because he's never been one of those ultra-professional players that strives for greatness the way footballers of his talent usually are, and it's since he's been the main man at Chelsea that they've lurched from great to dire. I don't think he's the sort of guy you want setting the tone for the rest of the squad.

They have lacked leaders since terry, lampard and drogba

Morten

Its not usual for players to take it out in public like that, so this was something new, but this squad is quite something, isnt it?
They have a mutiny against every single manager these last few years, dont they?

FC433

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It was all just a "big misunderstanding".<br><br>Maurizio Sarri on the incident with Kepa Arrizabalaga. <a href="https://t.co/vLWGM8TJwC">pic.twitter.com/vLWGM8TJwC</a></p>— BBC Sport (@BBCSport) <a href="https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1099807007996104705?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 24, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[/tw]

El Gato

Villarato!
Sarri seems to be handling this thing pretty well. Changed some things in regard to his subs and stopped being boring doing the same Kovacić-Barkley roulette over and over. RLC does well on the left for them.

This whole row could be a blessing in disguise. Growing more and more curious how this affects Hazard situation with the looming ban.

Morten

Sarri cant hide behind not having a good striker anymore, yet the results doesnt seem to improve.
Dont bring up EL, ofc Chelski is going to run over some random team from East Europe or whatever regardless.

stb_1

Sarri cant hide behind not having a good striker anymore, yet the results doesnt seem to improve.
Dont bring up EL, ofc Chelski is going to run over some random team from East Europe or whatever regardless.

Wonder who Chelsea will/can get if Sarri gets fired.

Jenks

Loftus-Cheek now out with a ruptured Achilles tendon because Chelsea thought it would be a good idea to fly to the USA for a friendly with New England Revolution on a crappy pitch before a European cup final. I don't know what clowns are running that club at the moment...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Loftus-Cheek now out with a ruptured Achilles tendon because Chelsea thought it would be a good idea to fly to the USA for a friendly with New England Revolution on a crappy pitch before a European cup final. I don't know what clowns are running that club at the moment...

It is all about money these days and no club is different, even the hypocritical anti-big money Bayern would fly out to friendlies for a few million euros.

Home of Barca Fans