Chelsea

Morten

You know the manager must be doing a terrible job when you let United beat you at SB, Uniteds record there is abysmal, they just dont win at that stadium.

Jenks

I'd be very surprised if they didn't. I personally think there's something rotten with the culture in the squad, and wouldn't be surprised if Hazard was at the core of it.

Andresito

Staff member
So Barcelona, Atletico and Chelsea have all been hit with a transfer ban. That's 3 out of 4 punishable clubs.

:papaperez:

Messi983

We'll see if Hazard will stay loyal to them like Griezmann did when AM got a ban.

But it's very likely this will prevent them to get Zidane in summer. Maybe Lampard?

Zidane82

Sky saying they will appeal and so delay the ban which will effectively mean they can do as many deals as they need to do this Summer

El Gato

Villarato!
But it's very likely this will prevent them to get Zidane in summer. Maybe Lampard?

What's it got to do with managers? Isn't this only a registration ban for players. Not that I think Zidane is even a reasonable shout for that position, or that he favours bringing along herds of players to improve the situation...

Appeal is going to help them survive this I think. They're not actually in that terrible of a situation going into it when you look at their squad. The only position that may suffer here are LB and striker - Alonso and Emerson are fairly useless in a 4-3-3 or any non-WB setup and both are expendable, but striker is where the biggest problem lies. While Higuain is not a 'new' player his deal could be sorted, but he is getting on and his future is uncertain. Giroud reportedly wants out. Morata naturally doesn't want to come back and they may loan him out. Similar case with Batshuayi. Only Tammy Abraham could remain on short-term basis...

Hazard stuff is going to be odd as nothing's changed dramatically on either front. Madrid may be able to negotiate marginally lower price ~70-80M euro at best considering Chelsea may get desperate to bring in a replacement more reliable than Pulisic. Bale deal could actually materialise if they're happy forking out a bigger portion of salary budget on him.

Kovacić they don't even need so no loss here and Bakayoko is having a decent season + is a more defensively inclined player for that LCM role where they need someone that doesn't get dragged into offense with all the other offensive players they have on that left side.

Home of Barca Fans