Chelsea

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Untitled.png

So sadly our new formation shafts Pedro, but for big away games, and maybe even against City at home this weekend, we'll be using this, as it brings out the best in Hazard, giving him a free role behind the striker on top of having a dominant midfield with Kante and Bakayoko's energy and ability to cut out attacks and get the ball back. Combine that with being able to protect Fabregas and help him influence the game from deep, or push him further up when we need a goal, it's a pretty nice formation that we can now use effectively. Seeing the direction of this team's play, Matic has no place here, Bakayoko is a good upgrade on him. The only silly part was letting him go to a team where his bet is brought out by a manager who knows him well.

I don't know if Conte plans to use this as his Plan A, and using last season's formation as Plan B, or have this as the Plan B and big match formation.

Last edited:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Well Luiz is officially dropped, sounds like Christensen will now be our starting middle CB for the time being. I agree with this move, Luiz's swashbuckling style hasn't served us well this season and he's been making mistakes. He was excellent last year but that's not a free ticket to the starting lineup, especially when we have a better and younger defender waiting. I love Luiz but I hope Christensen now keeps this spot for a long time.

Kante's return will help a lot, we're a totally different proposition when he's in the team, and while that and Christensen being first choice won't suddenly fix our issues, that, combined with the return to fitness of other players will help out a lot. City seem unstoppable so all we can do is just keep trying to win. I honestly do think we can nab at least 2nd this year. Tottenham and United aren't really better than us.

Total-Football

maybe for the best. luis is a hit or shit type of player, some managers can live with that, others wont. chealsea were solid yesterday and i see them finishing third worst case scenario. cesc is in great form and so is bakayoko, though the latter really needs to improve his decision making in the final third of the pitch because he ruined some promising counters last night. over all i think chealsea is fine. i predict conte will leave by the end of the season unless they win some major trophy which is unlikely to be honest with city around.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Can always try go for the CL or FA Cup, but tbh I do want Conte to stay. But yeah even Baka admitted he needs to work on his game(particularly shooting), he made a Twitter post after the game bagging himself. At least he knows what he needs to do. Poor decisions or not it was definitely his best game for Chelsea.

In other news...
http://www.espnfc.com.au/chelsea/st...menalo-resigns-as-chelseas-technical-director
----------
This is fantastic, he's a big part of the fuck around at Chelsea regarding transfers(or lack thereof sometimes) etc, never wanted him in, glad he's gone now. Sooooo glad he bit the dust and not Conte. I mean most, if not all Chelsea manager's have had problems with this fucker.

Jenks

I can't find any mention of a January recall so I'm guessing he can't come back to Chelsea until the summer. It's probably for the best from his point of view, last time Conte used him he stuck him in the front three for some reason.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah season long deal with no recall option.

And yeah they were experimenting with him as a striker for a little bit.

Home of Barca Fans